Show off your best friend!

Mr. Brooks

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's an old saying... Don't trust those who don't like dogs. The more people I meet, the more true this statement becomes.
Totally agree. And my aussie is a great judge of people. I use her to gauge my kids' friends/acquaintances.

This is a sad day for me. One of my best friends passed away today. I just finished burying him in my backyard. He was a German Shepherd named Nitro that I raised from a puppy. He was 11 years old. He was loyal, intelligent, protective, and he was my friend. This is the most recent picture I have of him. I'm going to miss you buddy.

NitroinSnow08.jpg

There's an old saying... Don't trust those who don't like dogs. The more people I meet, the more true this statement becomes.

Well I don't trust those who don't trust those who don't like dogs. ;)

Sorry to hear about Nitro's passing. :)

11 years is quite a bit of time. I bet he lived a full life.

Thanks Tungsten. I'm pretty depressed tonight. I hardly ever drink, but tonight I'm drinking a few Corona's. Nitro and I shared a lot of good times together, and he was quite special. I guess I should be thankful that he lived a good long life, considering most large German's are lucky to make it to 10 yrs. old.

That is a very nice looking Dobe Tungsten....looks like a big teddy bear :cool: That's one of the breeds that I've been thinking about getting. I want either another German Shepherd, a Rottweiler, or possibly a Dobe. I just want to be sure to get one with a good temperment and that will be good with my son. I think I'll start checking out the local animal shelters.

Packin, that first picture you posted is a fine looking picture of your best friend, he is very handsome and the pictures of Nitro also, he was a very pretty guy, sorry to hear that you lost him, I know that one day I will have to go through losing my girls, that is the hard thing about having our best friends, we have to go through the pain of losing them.

Tungstun, Maximus is a fine looking boy! He looks like a big love bug. Rescue is a great way to help and get a great dog. You won't have to go through all the puppy stages and scary moments when they eat things LOL. I will most likely do rescue when I ever get another Dobe.

DaveTN, your big red boy is gorgeous too! I had a red boy but lost him to an obstruction. His name was Nash, he was the sweetest natured dog I ever had.

Of course ya'll know that I am partial to Dobes so here is my addition to the mix, these are my two girls, they are Da'Kari 3-1/2 years old and Eden 1-1/2 years old.

dkcollar.jpgEdenlook.jpg

blackdogs.jpg

And of course I can't leave out 'Cowboy'. I know..I know, I named my bike! Hahaha! This is up by the Ocoee.

cowboy.jpg

Edited by Guns&Dobes
Guest pjblurton
This is a sad day for me. One of my best friends passed away today. I just finished burying him in my backyard. He was a German Shepherd named Nitro that I raised from a puppy. He was 11 years old. He was loyal, intelligent, protective, and he was my friend. This is the most recent picture I have of him. I'm going to miss you buddy.

NitroinSnow08.jpg

Very sorry to hear about Nitro. We burried our Shepherd last fall after 12 years. Still hurts like hell. We didn't want to get another Shepherd even though they are the best dogs in the world. I felt that we would be trying to replace him which no dog would ever be able to do. We looked at Dobies really hard but ended up with a Great Dane. They are truly Gentle Giants! Great dogs but sadly, with an even shorter life span...

• Administrator

and my 2005 Suzuki M50. Just picked it up yesterday. 8000 miles on it, lady wanted something bigger. Came with the windshield, saddlebags, Vance and Hines pipes, and underglow lighting. Even has warranty until 2010. It was a nice end of honeymoon present!

100_0738.jpg

If you promise to ditch the underglow lighting, I promise not to make any Purple Rain references. ;)

If you promise to ditch the underglow lighting, I promise not to make any Purple Rain references. ;)

Make 'em! I'm pimping the glow son! Woo-HOO!! lol I'm fulfilling a long held Fast and the Furious need for neon lights!

Plus, I couldn't get them off if I wanted too. I've ridden before and am getting comfortable again, but mechanically it's a new ballgame my buddy is helping me learn.