Brainerd Army Store = Meth?

Guest Lester Weevils
I didn't know black market sudafed had got so spensive. Last time I got some a couple years ago it was as best I recall less than $10 at the pharmacy.

Assuming a 50% yield, 240mg sudafed would yield 120mg crappy meth laced with hardware store poisons.

Twere it in a non poison pharmaceutical form, that could be as much as a 12 day supply of desoxyn for medical treatment of narcolepsy, but I read somewhere that meth heads consume as much as 500 mg per day. Even 100mg per day seems rather unbelievable.

Caught 2 folks parked on a gravel road running behind (not on) my property. I'd had a couple of things stolen while I was rehabing this place, so when they were parked there over 30 minutes, I watched from the woods, for 10-15 minutes, confronted them, told them what my concerns were,  took their license number, and run them off. Since the road isn't on my property, I had no reason to hold them for the cops, etc. Got to looking around the piece of ground they were hanging out in, and found 2 2 quart pop bottles half full of lithium batteries, liquid, looks just like the stuff I been seeing in the drug class dog and pony show we do once a year at work.

Long post short, I called the cops, they sent a deputy to look it over, he ID's it as a shake and bake set-up, calls haz mat, and takes the license number. A while goes by, they catch the guys with another batch cooking, I ID the guys, they go to court, I'm called as a witness, and they're out of the courtroom free and clear before I am. End of lesson.

So a little amount of Sudafed makes a lot of meth? I remember when you could get generic Sudafed for 99cents a blister

pack of 24 pills.

a blister pack of the old 48 pill wal-phed brand would get you about 1 gram of meth if you cook doing the "shake and bake" production method.   

Over the next 30 months the store sold 21,000 bottles at a profit of nearly $270,000.

That’s a bunch of money for one source and only one ingredient.

I would guess that translates to millions of dollars in meth. I would also guess that would translate to a whole lot of theft, burglaries, and robberies. But I have read on this forum many times that is not the case. So where do the meth heads get their money to buy all this meth?
You don't see lowes being taken to court over selling lye. We have changed most of our products to buffered products that are not good for meth production, even though some are still available. We can spot them a mile away. Usually have a lot of fun messing with them, suggesting other products and asking what they are trying to accomplish. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......

$1.28/ bottle is a lot of profit?

Well, it could translate to a lot of other crimes, if those people tabulating the crimes could count.

It may be a lot of money/profit, whatever you want to call it, but where are we approaching our legalities from? Salem

Witch Trial? Bewitching someone's profit sounds more like someone jealous of another, as opposed to any kind of

justice.

Guest Lester Weevils
Manufacturers of such as lithium batts and water purifiers and lye also make profit on this, so why not put them in jail for making products which can be used for illegal purposes?

How did they walk free and clear??what county was that in?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

The defense attorney based the defense on the fact that no one actually SAW them making anything, and the cop wouldn't collect the bottles as evidence as they are considered explosive. Same excuse for not fingerprinting the bottles. Unless you are physically caught making the dope, it's a hard crime to prosecute for anything other than attempt to manufacture or possession.  At least that seems to be the case here in Cumberland county, and I'd bet it is in the rest of the state..

Personally if someone wants to use meth more power to them as long as it does not infringe upon me or anyone else. A person should be able to ingest anything they want.

A lot of veterans are being prescribed meth to help them deal with mental health issues like PTSD. Actually of lot of kids are being prescribed it as well for their ADHD issues. It is a pretty widely used, prescribed and abused drug. The drug is Adderall.

• Like 1

$1.28/ bottle is a lot of profit?

Well, it could translate to a lot of other crimes, if those people tabulating the crimes could count.

It may be a lot of money/profit, whatever you want to call it, but where are we approaching our legalities from? Salem
Witch Trial? Bewitching someone's profit sounds more like someone jealous of another, as opposed to any kind of
justice.

Are you addressing my post? If so one of is doing the math wrong.
But I was merely pointing out that based on the amount we are talking millions in meth; I would guess. I would also guess that’s a crap load of theft, burglaries, and robberies. But that’s just a WAG. Maybe I’m way off base with my assumptions and all that meth is being bought by druggies with jobs.

....A lot of veterans are being prescribed meth to help them deal with mental health issues like PTSD. Actually of lot of kids are being prescribed it as well for their ADHD issues. It is a pretty widely used, prescribed and abused drug. The drug is Adderall.

It's not methamphetamine, though.The effects and after-effects of the various different amphetamine compounds are significantly different (yes, I know personally from back in the day).

And of course homemade meth has all kinds of gawd awful by-product poisons in it, unlike pharmaceutical versions, and  those are primarily responsible for the observable physical devastation on the users.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Are you addressing my post? If so one of is doing the math wrong.
But I was merely pointing out that based on the amount we are talking millions in meth; I would guess. I would also guess that’s a crap load of theft, burglaries, and robberies. But that’s just a WAG. Maybe I’m way off base with my assumptions and all that meth is being bought by druggies with jobs.

My bad on the decimal point. But what's the profit of that have to do with the crime of producing meth? I don't know anything about meth. I sure don't know anything at all why the government, in any form, should give a damn about the profit margin, since he would be paying taxes.

What I would be more concerned with is the crime itself. Going after someone who sells something that could be made to be used in many things is chasing the tail. If you can be successfully prosecuted for selling a product which can be used illicitly, there are many other things you will be prosecuted in the future.

It doesn't matter, anyway. One of these days someone will get prosecuted for using water. I can't wait.

Dave, I would suggest there is a lot of ancillary crime, also, but that isn't being addressed by this kind of prosecution. I seriously

doubt one theft or whatever was prevented by this act.

Edited by 6.8 AR

My bad on the decimal point. But what's the profit of that have to do with the crime of producing meth? I don't know anything about meth. I sure don't know anything at all why the government, in any form, should give a damn about the profit margin, since he would be paying taxes.

What I would be more concerned with is the crime itself. Going after someone who sells something that could be made to be used in many things is chasing the tail. If you can be successfully prosecuted for selling a product which can be used illicitly, there are many other things you will be prosecuted in the future.

It doesn't matter, anyway. One of these days someone will get prosecuted for using water. I can't wait.

Dave, I would suggest there is a lot of ancillary crime, also, but that isn't being addressed by this kind of prosecution. I seriously
doubt one theft or whatever was prevented by this act.

I agree and if you read my post #8 I don’t know how he could be convicted even he knew what they were doing with it. .There certainly is a problem, but I don’t think this guy was it.

As I said I’m just curious as to what those 12 people in that courtroom heard that led them to a guilty verdict. Not one person would hold out for a businessman selling a legal product? There is more to this than what is in that news story,