Remembering Shannon (Marswolf) Elder

TGO David

Shall we observe a moment of silence for Mars on Tuesday, September 23rd?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Shall we observe a moment of silence for Mars on Tuesday, September 23rd?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phantom6
Im curious whos the jerk that voted no for the moment of silence? LMK so I can add him to my ignore list.

Well, it wasn't me but to tell you the truth, I would rather have voted for a moment of gunfire. I think Shannon would have appreciated that more but hey, what the hey. I believe the next Meet, greet, Eat 'n Shoot of the Eastern band of the TGO which by the way is coming up on 18 October should be dedicated to Shannon and we should get together as many folks as possible to to swap stories regarding Thunderwear, H&K pistols, Beretta 92F pistols and of course remind everyone that the term 'Glock Safe Action' is an oxymoron. :wave: Then, at 1500 (eastern) everyone should be loaded up with multiple long guns and handguns for a "mad minute" of gunfire. I'd like to extend an invitation to all for as many of the 2,000+ members of TGO all across the state to meet on ranges and properties somewhere and join in that "mad minute" as we celebrate the life of one Shannon (Marswolf) Elder.

• Administrator

Unfortunately I am unable to adhere strictly to the 9am - 12 noon schedule. Today is our monthly meeting at work and I wanted to be able to throw open the doors again prior to actually being stuck in my meeting.

I don't think Shannon would mind. He'd probably think we were silly for sitting here twiddling our thumbs for the past few hours anyway. :P

Thanks to all of you who voted YES to allow us this period of time to reflect and remember. I'm sure in some way, some where, it made him happy to see that we cared.

Guest Revelator

I hope he did not use a Glock.

Sorry folks, I do not mean any disrespect or offense by that. I really don't. Just trying to lighten things up, and I think he would appreciate it. Dark humor can be a good way to deal with the tragedies of life.

• Administrator
I hope he did not use a Glock.

Sorry folks, I do not mean any disrespect or offense by that. I really don't. Just trying to lighten things up, and I think he would appreciate it. Dark humor can be a good way to deal with the tragedies of life.

I don't think he would have even used a Glock as a paperweight. He was pretty vocal about it. :dirty:

Guest GUTTERbOY

Oh man... like many here, I never met him in person. Nevertheless, it doesn't take a face-to-face interaction to get a feel for another person... and through reading his posts here and sometime interacting with him, I felt like I knew Mars. To find that he's left us, particularly in this manner... it's hard-hitting. Some folks might sigh and shake their heads at me getting worked up over "Internet stuff", but I trust that none of those folks are reading this thread. I'm sure you all know how I feel.

Mars, we'll miss you. I'll miss you.

Guest GLOCKGUY

Mars you will be missed, I will specially miss our debates on Glocks. My family and I will add your family to our prays. I just hope when you meet God hes carrying an H&k not a Glock for his sake...

Guest Verbal Kint
Should we retire his avatar out of respect? Just thinking out loud.

Would be kinda hard... and limiting people.. since it's a POW avatar. The sentiment is definitely commended, but there are many other ppl to be honored by using that avatar. :dirty:

Just my $0.02.

Would be kinda hard... and limiting people.. since it's a POW avatar. The sentiment is definitely commended, but there are many other ppl to be honored by using that avatar. :dirty:

Just my $0.02.

I think he would not want the honoring of POWs to be censored.

I didn't know Mars in person but when I read that he had passed I felt sadness. It doesn't take meeting someone face to face to care about them and though Mars was a hoot about the Glocks I could tell he was a man of character. He gave a lot for his country and I will definitely miss his presence here.