Baikal side by side rifle

zgunbear

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HillyKarma

Does anyone have one of these? I am looking at the 30-06 version.

I have always wanted a double and these have been getting decent reviews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmNynB30pSM

I've never seen one, but I've heard about them!

I'm very interested in getting one now, haha.

Be sure to post in Show and Tell when you get it!

On the Accuratereloading.com double gun board the consensus is they are rough but a diamond in the rough many can hold a 4 inch group at 100 yards which is pretty good for a "cheap" double.

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/760101804

They look to be good for pigs and deer, and general playing at the range.

Will it be as good as a PH grade Heym, or a classic British double proabably not. However I can't afford 5000 plus for one of those rifles.

Plus I like the way they look

[URL=http://s1129.photobucket.com/user/BayouBob1/media/IMG_0123.jpg.html]IMG_0123.jpg[/URL]

The two 45-70's I have handled both fit me very well so I am hoping to order one soon

That's the great thing you regulate it to your load. The regulation is adjustable for your loads via a jackscrew between the barrels and the front sight.

I can refinish wood and metal. No a Baikal is not fit as good as a Chaimpus but it costs a 1/10th as much.

Hell I won't win any beauty contests why should my rifle.

The Baikals are built like a Russian tank not pretty but effective

I have a Baikal coach gun and it has a common design flaw (for that model) - action doesn't open easily far enough to extract.  It falls open to a point where the hulls hit the receiver when you try to pull them out.  You have to force it open just a little further, and thankfully it latches at the further position or you'd need 3 hands to reload.

I modified it with some aftermarket parts so that it works acceptably, but it shouldn't have been shipped in that condition.

I'd be leery of the quality of any Baikal firearm.