Its Time Gentlemen!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, a crazy sound at that! Look at their eyes!! :death: :death:

yea, yea, I know... it's the flash and their eyes relfecting... whatever, it just looks funny!! We caught a mouse at my church in Miami (haha, church mouse, haha!) and kept if in a cage for awhile. It'e right eye was about twice the size of his left eye, and we named him Buckeye. He was a fun critter.... til our cat got the lid off the cage..... anyways, these night pics remind me of him!

Camera is a Moultrie 3 megapixel camera. It does make a low hum as the capacitors charge for the flash. Thats why you usually see them looking directly at it and it blows up the eyes. Day shots with no flash get the side shots.

The hole you see low center is where I put a salt block and a mineral solution last year. They have eaten the ground out to that almost one foot depth over the last year. I also do some feeding there during the summer to keep them interested in the area. Mostly shelled corn and wheat. Throw in some apples and radish on occassion.

Guest Grizzly Johnson

Let them grow another year and then try next year, they should be really nice by then...... But hey, you are the one letting go of the string or pullin the trigger....... nice bucks though!!

Hey RW...

Remind me again how to get to your house...!!!???;)

I'll even take the little one!:death:

Good luck. If you get him, post pics.:death: Wear your safety harness:death:

Bronker

Let them grow another year and then try next year, they should be really nice by then...... But hey, you are the one letting go of the string or pullin the trigger....... nice bucks though!!

I have counted 6 different bucks at this location ranging from one year spikes to that biggest one. I have watched him grow up the past two years for sure and maybe three. Here he is with his big brother...last year. I didn't get the bigger one and have not seen him this year at all. Looks like he has either totally moved out of the area or someone got him last year. If I get the shot at this one he comes home with me as I have plenty coming up behind him.

twobucks.jpg

I have posted this one before as well but its at the same spot with some dominance games going on as well as some spectators cheering on the fight!

ICAM0015-1.jpg

And this was one taken about 400 yards down off this ridge in 05

DSCF0007.jpg

Sorry, not trying to show off, got a little fever running right now!

Guest Grizzly Johnson

Sorry, not trying to show off, got a little fever running right now!

I would be, those are nice bucks for sure. I would like to kill one that big some day. My biggest was a 6pt I shot on a juvi. hunt some 16 years ago. Just never had any luck connecting with a big one. I will post some pics of my potentials this year when I get time....... Good luck, if I don't have to work saturday, I will be somewhere in the woods myself.....:D