Well, guess I'm "new" again...

Great. Love the new look, but I had to re-register. Guess all my old stuff is gone, eh? Went from Senior Member to Freshman in one fell swoop.

Can I do that with my life, too? That'd be great... :D

EDIT: My old posts say "Guest." Any way to get it all merged back together?

Edited by Steelharp
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint

There's a difference between being purged over time... and being kicked off for trying to play both sides of the fence. Talking **** over on the other forum probably had a large factor in your removal here. But hey, that's just my take on it.

And if TGO is so bad of a place still (apparent by the current talk over on TCS), why are you back?

P.S. - I loved the TCS post putting the negative spin on TGO's recently deceased member. Classy. Nice company you keep. :D (not directed at you specifically, but figured I'd vent a little)

Edited by Verbal Kint
Clarification
  • Administrator

I visited over there the other day to see if anyone had posted word about Marswolf passing away. Had it not been a subject already, I had intended to either sign up and post the same announcement that we have here or at least email Rabbi and let him know.

I figured there might be people over there who still liked Marswolf despite their inherent distaste for our community here.

What I found actually made me quite sick to my stomach. A few members of TCS obviously have heard the word "honor" before but clearly have no clue what it means. Here on TGO we don't speak ill of our dead. Over there, it seems to be acceptable to do just that.

Why anyone would want to be associated with that sort of bitter, jealous jackassery is beyond me. I try to surround myself with good people. It looks like it would be an impossible feat to pull it off over there and I certainly wouldn't want to be judged by the quality of company I'd end up having to keep.

So, whoever posts this over there (as it will undoubtedly be done) be sure to include the whole thing word for word. Turning Shannon's death into an anti-TGO statement is morally reprehensible and says far more about your character than anything I could ever say about you will.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. I hope those people stay right there where they belong.

Guest Verbal Kint
Verbal, I... uh... "appreciate" your response. Don't know why you're directing that at me, but I hope it helped you. I never thought this was a bad place. Ever.

Like I said... venting. The part about crap talking the death of someone I considered a friend is very distasteful and pretty pathetic. It's no secret if you read the posts over there that triggertime likes to take jabs at TGO at any given opportunity. For him to use that as his latest attempt... I'm actually at a loss of words for once. :D

What would help me? A few minutes with that little bitch behind closed doors. No hiding behind the internet, playing keyboard commando. Just 2 people, confined space, and only God as a witness. No bragging afterward or hard feelings... win or lose... leave everything in the room. If he's game, I'll definitely spend the gas and time to come meet him. I'm sure there are several other people that might want to get in line and turn it into an all day event as well.

EDIT:

In regards to you... have fun and enjoy the site. I'm just sick of the two-faced BS users that like to "use the facilities" here and smile while doing it, just to slink back over there to piss and moan about how much of a conspiracy TGO is and how they hate it over there. Say what you mean, and mean what you say, and you get a lot of respect from me (and undoubtedly others as well)... whether I like what you have to say or not.

Edited by Verbal Kint
  • Administrator
triggertime

That guy hangs off of Yeager's sack so much it's hard to believe he actually has a free hand to type on the computer. Maybe he uses voice recognition, but... nah... that would require an empty mouth too.

I'd just like to meet him in person sometime. Talk face to face. So much gets lost in translation on the Internet.

At this rate i dont think it would be a one on one conversation anymore....

A room full of angry TGO members is like a room full of pit bulls.

(please, no hockey mom lipstick jokes):D

Verbal, a sincere thank you for the last response. I mean that.

I, too, am disturbed by the direction that some have taken in my simple informational post. If you'll notice, I posted another terse and to the point comment in the thread.

I hate that Mars chose the path he did. Whatever his reason, it is always a permanent fix for whatever temporary problem is at issue. Just sad, period.

David and Kris (and others)

Why are we even spending time discussing the stuff that Bill and his 3 active members do over there?

Whats funny is the only threads that have any movement over there are threads that discuss THIS SITE! lol

Lets work hard to run THIS site in a positive and professional manner, and let Bill and his handful of buddies play over there.

• Administrator
David and Kris (and others)

Why are we even spending time discussing the stuff that Bill and his 3 active members do over there?

Whats funny is the only threads that have any movement over there are threads that discuss THIS SITE! lol

Lets work hard to run THIS site in a positive and professional manner, and let Bill and his handful of buddies play over there.

Agreed.