Range bags

TGO guys are the one's at the range not painting each other, they are also friendly and watchful.

I thought this was a thread about range bags.

Near as I can tell about them, if they hold what i need they are too heavy. If I can carry it it is missing stuff.  I need a couple of bags and an ammo can

TGO guys are the one's at the range not painting each other, they are also friendly and watchful.

I thought this was a thread about range bags.

Near as I can tell about them, if they hold what i need they are too heavy. If I can carry it it is missing stuff.  I need a couple of bags and an ammo can

I agree with you, Mike. It's either too big or too small, and always too heavily loaded with ammo, eyes and ears, cleaning supplies, pen and notebook, emergency tools, more ammo, several guns, and all that other stuff that gets packed in.

I'm beginning to see the validity of using a cheap folding shopping cart on wheels, or one of the newer rolling range boxes on wheels with a handle like the hand trucks.
I have to carry too much as is when we go shoot, another bag would be no bueno for me. Now a patch to go on my existing bag , I could do. I nearly always have my range bag, 2 ammo cans, and up to 4 or 5 rifle bags/cases. That being said, I really like my range bag. I never really bought into the idea until a couple years ago when I got a $50 one from Midway, I love that thing

that's it. The cart.  We used to call it a "granny cart".  The old lady's in the hood used to pull them to the grocer.   We used to love to do poor imitation of each other's mother's pulling them carts off the porch.  Endless hours of comic relief.

I can't carry a bag big enough, so put it in the back of the truck bed and make due.  A two by four keeps it all in reach.  I prefer out in the woods shooting from the golf cart but them days are growing short.  

A nice TGO patch would be cool.  I am sure there have been threads about it here in the past.  Tungsten surely has dealt with it before.

[quote name="NashvilleStage" post="1118017" timestamp="1393608531"]Do you remember which thread that was? Getting some embroidered patches made wouldn't be all that expensive. Depending on the size & quantity, it looks like they would be in the $5-8 ballpark.[/quote] I'll do some digging here shortly. The discussion was on a pin vs. patch.

I think Dave's likely got bigger things on his mind right now than patches, he did just have a kid a little while ago.

As to the whole too big or too small range bag issue, I use a 3 bag system. 1 large bag holds pistols, some ammo, basic cleaning supplies, targets and the like. One of the smaller bags is full of ammo and has pouches on the outside I use for holding an ar conversion kit. Other small bag is full of eyes, ears, sunscreen, band aids, hand wipes etc. that one usually stays in the car.

These are what I use for a smaller bag. Lots of capacity for its size and comfortable to carry.
102581C5-8EC5-4FCA-B304-9C8BC591B408-179

If you want a great range bag go to homedepot, some of those carpenter bags are plenty big and very durable.

Edited by TrickyNicky