93 rare Dodge Vipers ordered destroyed by Chrysler

Guest TankerHC

loved the look of that car. Too bad it was an underpowered pos. Kinda like the 79 TA i had. Couldn't even sell that thing because of its engine reputation.

My 79 TA had a 6.6 403 Olds. It was yellow though, so it took an extra day to sell it. biggrin.gif

loved the look of that car. Too bad it was an underpowered pos.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

It's a cruiser it was never built for speed (253hp :mad: ), in fact it will only do 134mph or 6600rpm before the computer shuts off the fuel supply...LOL...because I know....

I have a H1 that's a rolling brick, that's underpowered, but I would never call it a POS  :bat:.

HUMMERampPROWLERPICTURES005_zps81ffba97.

It's a cruiser it was never built for speed (253hp :mad: ), in fact it will only do 134mph or 6600rpm before the computer shuts off the fuel supply...LOL...because I know....

I have a H1 that's a rolling brick, that's underpowered, but I would never call it a POS  :bat:.

Doesn't look too underpowered to me.

Look what it did to the bill on the passenger's hat :rofl:

Guest semiautots

My 79 TA had a 6.6 403 Olds. It was yellow though, so it took an extra day to sell it. biggrin.gif

I had a black '79 with the 400 Pontiac/4 speed/ WS6 package.  It was pretty cool for the era.

Guest TankerHC

The only thing is that prior to the launch they promised power, which it didnt have and which is why it didnt sell, which is also why it is ranked in the top 10 most ubnderpowered cars ever sold in the US. Because it wanted to look  like a Hot Rod but drove like a Gremlin. If I have a car that looks fast, I want it to be fast. But it is one of the cars I would like to own. No one can deny they dont draw seconds looks because they are beautiful cars. But if I were  to buy any later model car like that,it would have to be a truck, a 2005 Chevy SSR. (390 HP), my wifes Uncle has one with 4700 miles sitting in storage with his other Hot Rods, that thing is beautiful. So is this. On that top on the SSR, the writers call it a "Power top", I have seen that thing function, just about a month ago was last time and the top on that SSR is an engineering marvel the way it works. 

Edited by TankerHC

Prowlers are really cool looking cruisers once that ridiculous front "bumper" is removed.  It was never meant to be a race car.

.... On that top on the SSR, the writers call it a "Power top", I have seen that thing function, just about a month ago was last time and the top on that SSR is an engineering marvel the way it works. 

Chevy copied the Mercedes CLK convertible hard top.  I was working on another car a few bays down in the same building with the group doing the SSR and chatted with them a bit.  They also had the CTS-VR prototypes that never saw the light of day.  Supercharged 650-ish hp ... fun while it lasted :) 

Prowlers are really cool looking cruisers once that ridiculous front "bumper" is removed.  It was never meant to be a race car.

Chevy copied the Mercedes CLK convertible hard top.  I was working on another car a few bays down in the same building with the group doing the SSR and chatted with them a bit.  They also had the CTS-VR prototypes that never saw the light of day.  Supercharged 650-ish hp ... fun while it lasted :)

I removed those hideous front bumpers (rated for 2.5mph crash test, really!!) about a week after buying it and sold them to a French guy in Paris France (WE,WE)..

Guest TankerHC

Prowlers are really cool looking cruisers once that ridiculous front "bumper" is removed. It was never meant to be a race car.

Chevy copied the Mercedes CLK convertible hard top. I was working on another car a few bays down in the same building with the group doing the SSR and chatted with them a bit. They also had the CTS-VR prototypes that never saw the light of day. Supercharged 650-ish hp ... fun while it lasted :)

Those bumpers were one of my favorite features.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

for those that think chry products older than 93 are dead the car in my avatar is in this months hot rod mag. with tires and tags  one could drive it down the street

Don't forget mufflers. The term Nuclear Popcorn comes to mind.