who carrys a snubby

Guest rogue

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Loaded247

I carry one as a back-up gun. I always have a semi-auto with a spare mag on my person, and then the snubby as back-up.

It is a S&W Model 36 Chief's Special, in standard blue with the original (smaller) grips. It is not +P rated, so I carry Hornady 125gr. XTPJHP, which is just about the hottest load around that is NOT a +P load.

• 8 months later...
Guest canynracer

No wheelgun yet, but my mom is sending me her old S&W bodyguard (from the 80s I think)

but I dont carry extra mags, or ammo...If I cant do it in 7 shots, I guess I should be running!!! LOL

Guest DrBoomBoom

I carry a Taurus 905 9mm snub that uses moonclips. I have hydrashocks in it. It's in a Mika round cut pocket holster...in my pocket now. If I'm going out, I carry an extra moonclip loose in the pocket. Sometimes, when Mrs. DrBoomBoom lets me, I carry her Smith 642 snub .38spl with laser grips (uh, I guess that's "stocks" to the Smith folks) in a Nemesis with an H&K speedloader. The Mrs. keeps FBI loads in it.

Guest bkelm18
I carry a Taurus 905 9mm snub that uses moonclips. I have hydrashocks in it. It's in a Mika round cut pocket holster...in my pocket now. If I'm going out, I carry an extra moonclip loose in the pocket. Sometimes, when Mrs. DrBoomBoom lets me, I carry her Smith 642 snub .38spl with laser grips (uh, I guess that's "stocks" to the Smith folks) in a Nemesis with an H&K speedloader. The Mrs. keeps FBI loads in it.

Ahh another user of Mika's holsters. Haha. I had one of his IWB holsters when I carried my XD. Not too bad for the price.

Ditto, except I've got Federal Premium Personal Defense 110g Hydra-Shok in the cylinder.

I use the 642 as a BUG to my Glock 19 or as primary carry in certain clothing situations.

I've got an S&W 642 I carry. 5 CorBon DPX .38 Specials in the cylinder, and a full speed-loader in a belt pouch.

642. You can't beat the power and the way it hides when wearing even shorts or blue jeans. Autos are slimmer but i can pick one out in a pants pocket easier than a snub nose revolver.

I carry a Taurus 85UL. I bought it as a summer/pocket gun, but it is now pulling daily duty. The auto went to the lady for now. I carry Hydra-Shocks and a speed loader in the pocket. I have been using and Uncle Mikes IN-Waistband holster. It is kinda cheap but it can be easily used as a pocket holster.

Guest Halfpint

S&W 442 as a backup, ankle rig, no spare ammo for it. H&K 45 Compact and at least one spare mag are primary. Summer carry, sometimes it goes in a pocket, but most of the time it's still backup to the H&K.

Yup, Smith 642 loaded with Speer GD 135gr +P. I usually carry a Model 19 2 1/2" and have a speedloader for that loaded with whatever I happen to have around in .38spc, figuring it can reload either the 19 or the 642. I think it is gross overkill on my part.

I love that 642. I just toss it into my pants pocket and go wherever I need and never know it's there.

I'll mention I saw an article somewhere (IDPA journal?) where Ken Hackathorn mentions being at an IDPA board meeting. In a dull moment someone asked what everyone was carrying. Now the board includes people like Bill Wilson. Every one of them was carrying a J-frame of one sort or another.

Guest BG38357

S&W 66-4 3" , Hogue compact grip, Speer Gold Dot 135gr +P in a Bianchi 6D IWB holster, 2 Bianchi speed strips. I had the Master Revolver Action Job done last year and it runs great now. -BUD

Guest Phantom6

Taurus 851 SS2 carried either in a Bianchi cross draw belt holster, DeSantis pocket holster- off hand side, or old Safariland ankle holster. At least one Bianchi Agent speed loader on the belt, off-hand side. Pistol and loader(s) filled with Silver Tips.

851SS.jpg