Any one else watching the Masters this weekend?

Thats exactly what i was sitting here thinking OS. Every time i watch the Masters i remember what a beautiful course Augusta is.

Yeah, I actually got to go on Sunday in '91 when Woosie won it. Breathtaking course and spectacle and incredible history.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I'm jealous. I would LOVE to go watch it one year. I wonder how far in advance you have to buy tickets? Id also imagine the are pretty pricey

Unless something has changed since last time I knew, for all practical purposes,  there really aren't any ticket sales for the actual tourney. Ticket holders are able to keep them year after year, although I think a few get scalped for beau coup. Not even sure what happens when a ticket holder dies, have heard they can actually be willed like other property.

I only got to go because my bro in law at the time was living in ritzy section of Atlanta, and had older neighbor couple that had a pair who weren't going that day. Gave 'em to him for nada, he called me on Sat. evening, and I was down there before dawn!

Most folks have only ever been to one of the practice round days and/or the par 3 tourney. Those tickets are open to anyone but on some kind of lottery type deal or something best I remember.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Unless something has changed since last time I knew, for all practical purposes,  there really aren't any ticket sales for the actual tourney. Ticket holders are able to keep them year after year, although I think a few get scalped for beau coup. Not even sure what happens when a ticket holder dies, have heard they can actually be willed like other property.

I only got to go because my bro in law at the time was living in ritzy section of Atlanta, and had older neighbor couple that had a pair who weren't going that day. Gave 'em to him for nada, he called me on Sat. evening, and I was down there before dawn!

Most folks have only ever been to one of the practice round days and/or the par 3 tourney. Those tickets are open to anyone but on some kind of lottery type deal or something best I remember.

- OS

Ticket overview from Wiki, I was mostly right:

"Although tickets for the Masters are not expensive, they are very difficult to come by. Even the practice rounds can be difficult to get into. Applications for practice round tickets have to be made nearly a year in advance and the successful applicants are chosen by random ballot. Tickets to the actual tournament are sold only to members of a patrons list, which is closed. A waiting list for the patrons list was opened in 1972 and closed in 1978. It was reopened in 2000 and subsequently closed once again. In 2008, The Masters also began allowing children (between the ages of 8 and 16) to enter on tournament days free if they are accompanied by the patron who is the owner of his or her badge.[103]

The Masters website announced that a limited supply of tickets for the 2012 tournament would be awarded to the general public for both practice days and competition rounds."

- OS

[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1137370" timestamp="1397252670"]Unless something has changed since last time I knew, for all practical purposes, there really [i]aren't [/i]any ticket sales for the actual tourney. Ticket holders are able to keep them year after year, although I think a few get scalped for beau coup. Not even sure what happens when a ticket holder dies, have heard they can actually be willed like other property. I only got to go because my bro in law at the time was living in ritzy section of Atlanta, and had older neighbor couple that had a pair who weren't going that day. Gave 'em to him for nada, he called me on Sat. evening, and I was down there before dawn! Most folks have only ever been to one of the practice round days and/or the par 3 tourney. Those tickets are open to anyone but on some kind of lottery type deal or something best I remember. - OS[/quote] That really sucks. Guess ill never get to see Augusta now. Wonder why Tiger's not playing

Patron.  Ha!  Better not let them catch you saying gallery, or audience member or...crowd.  It's always "patron" at AN.  So nice for the private jet-owning, Goldman Sachs board-serving bluebloods who run that place to bestow such a title upon us commoners.  Like we can almost, almost be a part of their world for a day.  Thank you Bill Payne and Hootie and the rest of you Very Powerful People.  (Is Hootie still around?  I remember him being all in the news when there was a push to let broads be members).  Anyway no I won't be watching, go too much to do around the house, just like every weekend. 

I didnt get to see it today but but did yesterday and it was depressing I'm a Phil Mickelson fan and he had a very tough day. Don't know if today was any better. Hope so. Will watch it over the weekend while I fill fishing bait orders. Got TV in bait making room....... :up: :up:

Nope. I'll be load'n the boat with crappie this weekend. Then it's to the FREEZER with 'em..!!! :yum:  :yum:

Sounds like fun. I have abuddy that keeps me loaded up with filets. I think right now I have about 15 bags of them in freezer..... :yum: :yum: :rofl:

Sounds like fun. I have abuddy that keeps me loaded up with filets. I think right now I have about 15 bags of them in freezer..... :yum: :yum: :rofl:

I'm down to 3 bags.  I gotta get busy and filler up with fillets soon!  I do catch them pretty much year round though. Lots easier in the spring though.

Mcilroy havin a bad day huh

Anybody can have a bad day there, doesn't take much to get out of sync with that course.

Irony is, if the greens were flat, I bet I could bust 100 there even now, and from the back tees too. BUT, those greens being what they are, you could spot me all the greens in regulation with random drops and I'd probably still be around 18 over, as it would be rare for me to two putt any of them unless the drop was pert close! They have to been seen up close and personal to really appreciate their difficulty.

I'm a Phil Mickelson fan and he had a very tough day. Don't know if today was any better.

Nope, he didn't even make the cut.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

go Boom Boom.

Gotta work this afternoon but I wish I could watch.  It is my favorite sporting event, tied with the Daytona 500,and the Red's opening day game.

I was there in the mid 90's for a practice round.  The place is amazing.  I'd give up my left nut to play the place, would not even care what I shot.  That place is all about shot placement for the purpose of not setting yourself up to four putt.

And here I thought someone was talking about 'Masters of the Universe' with Dolph Lundgren was going to be on TV or something, my inner nerd and 80's kid were excited... oh well, back to work and not doing anything.  :waiting:

Edited by whitewolf001

Wow, what a setup for drama...

Bubba, Spieth, and the Kutch all tied early in final, Freddy only 2 back, birdied the first two.

Spieth could be the youngest ever winner at 20 years old.

Update while typing: Jordan Spieth leads the Masters at -6!

- OS

Bubba's just down a couple strokes. Still within reach for him. Spieth is on fire though. He is gonna be an excellent golfer Edited- spoke to soon, looks like Spieth is losing his cool. Getting worked up Edited by reed1285