New carry gun - finally!

viscero

Been looking for over a year for a 9mm replacement of my .40 Xd and narrowed my selection down to a CZ 75 compact model pretty quickly.  But I could not find one in stock for the life of me.  After searching high and low and being screwed over by a couple of online vendors who claimed to have one I finally ran into my unicorn this past weekend at the Murfreesboro show.  A big thanks to the guys at the Nashville Gun Shop who had great prices and a huge selection of CZ pistols.

Even in its stock config this is the softest shooting 9mm I have fired thus far.  Can't wait to see how it performs after some custom work..

2e3qwpj.jpg

Edited by viscero
  • Like 2

Great choice! I believe I was standing right next to you when you bought it.

Those were the only CZ pistols I saw at the show and they had a nice selection.

Probably so - made a bee line for their table as soon as I got in the door.

Just ran 200 rounds through mine this weekend. Flawless operation running different shooting drills. My on going challenge is consistent first shot placement from DA. Once I'm in SA, let the good times roll. for me it's a combination of the weight, balance and near perfect overall feel in my hand.

I'm a huge CZ fan, I edc'd a 75B Omega for years and never "needed" another primary handgun. This thing could do it all, edc, hi cap, compete, range, etc. Then I had the chance to trade my M1 carbine for a P01 SDP. 2 less rounds, easier to carry, will accept the 75B mags, plus all the aforementioned benefits - it's how you end up with two like hipower or 4 like the guy I traded with...

It is my intention for this one to end up in an SDP configuration.  Just a matter of deciding if I should pay the custom shop for the labor or if I should order the parts and attempt it myself; except for milling the slide for different sights.

Guest sigequinox
Sexy looking gun. Looks heavy for EDC purposes. Let us know what holster you ride that bad boy in after you find one that works. I carry the butt ugly, but venerable glock 27.

Mind if I ask why you wanted to switch from 40 to 9 for carry?

The specs I looked up on this one early on said it was pretty close to the same weight as my XD but haven't put them both on a scale yet.  I wanted a little more round capacity, slightly cheaper ammo, and I wanted to consolidate our carry calibers down to 1.  My wife was carrying a .380 and me a .40  Now we both carry a 9mm so I only have to stockpile one carry/defensive cartridge.