Sore thumb...

Yep, I just sat down and did a WHOLE LOT of priming. I think I went through about 800 38 specials, and about 450 44 Mags with my Lee auto prime. Anyways, I'm glad I got some priming done, and I can't wait to get to loading all of these babies up! Tomorrow night will be depriming and repriming of 357... then loading the rest of the week.

Whoopee!! :)

Anybody else spend most of their day reloading?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got that right!!

I kind of go through phases. I'll go on a frenzy and load a couple thousand rounds over a week or two (no small feat on a turret press!) and then I won't load a round for months... until I get low on ammo again! :)

All that talk about reloading not saving you any money is mostly true. Thankfully, I stocked up on a LOT of components a couple years ago. I haven't bought ammo in any quantity for at least 18 months. The way I go through ammo I can't keep it on the shelf. If I had always bought factory fodder instead of loading, I would have been up poop creek a long time ago. Since it takes so long for me to load up ammo, it has made my supply last so much longer. At my current rate, I'll be mostly out of components in anoter year, so I hope to have some profit (and real spending money!) soon.

It's also a real thrill to know that you're in control of anotehr aspect of the shooting hobby. Touching off that first homemade round is a real thrill!

You can often find good deals on used ones.Dillon still honors the warranty whether you are the original owner or not.Also some retailers carry them and have layaway.

Guest eyebedam

Thats just sounds like work to me. I would like to hang out / watch someone do a little reloading. It seems pretty interesting to me. Always willing to learn something new.

Word to the wise on the Lee Auto Prime.The rounded mandrel will get a flat spot in time.It will still work but you will get high primers and thus mis fires.If you are going to hand prime go with the RCBS tool.I speak from experience.