Alien Gear Holsters

Just wanted to give a shout out for this company. I recently ordered a few holsters from them. A few weeks after making my order, I decided to change one to another gun. Call was made and they said that it would be changed. I got a shipping notification the next day. Holster came in a few days later and it was the one I originally ordered. It didn't bother me, because I figured that they were pulling my order about the time I was changing it. Called the company, asked them to make the change they said no problem. I asked if they needed to get the first holster back first, they said no, just send it as soon as you can. I received the new holster about a week later. Seems to be a very good hybrid style holster, although it is my first one of this type. Price is great on them, about 30 buck depending on options. They have a 30 day money back guarantee , and lifetime changes, so if you change your carry gun, they will change out your holster, or at least the kydex part (not sure how that exchange policy works. It's comfortable and hid a full size Glock on me well (although I exchanged that for and XDS). Turn around time the first time was about 3 weeks and I ordered 4 at that time.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VJGthe3

I'm in week 5 of my wait for one for my M&P Shield. I am a little surprised they don't have some inventory for some of the more common ones (which I think the Shield is), but I'm still excited to get based on all the rave reviews.

I'm in week 5 of my wait for one for my M&P Shield. I am a little surprised they don't have some inventory for some of the more common ones (which I think the Shield is), but I'm still excited to get based on all the rave reviews.

You should email them. Mine was like that then I emailed them and it got shipped out. I like it so far but I really don't have anything to compare it to since it's my first.
I looked at their website, comparing them to a Crossbreed and others. I decided a few days ago AG will not be receiving my business - their website of course has superb reviews but most of the 3rd party sites I checked reviewed AG very poorly. Poor to nonexistent customer service and low quality leather.
I know everyone has their own opinion, and if I ordered an AG holster it may be excellent. But as of now I am planning to wait and get a higher quality 100% leather IWB/OWB convertible holster for my 1911.
At some point I may take a chance on an AG for one of my pistols, especially if I start reading more positive reviews.
I ordered a couple myself.the only downside I see is you long it took to get them, 5weeks. The price was great and they are the best holders I've got in my lineup so far. The value is there the wait is the only negative I see. Fit and finish is darn good. One did mark up
My G23 but what can I expect when the metal is rubbing against the plastic.
Putting the holster on is easier than most I have and am completely happy with my purchase.

I've got 2 from Alien Gear. Hybrid holsters aren't my favorite but I like the the AG's better than the Crossbreed holsters I've owned.

I haven't tried AG yet but I hated my crossbreed, the leather may have well been plywood. My Kholster was so much better.
Guest VJGthe3

I emailed them two weeks ago and was told I "was in week 3 of my wait" and their typical wait time was 4-6 weeks. If I don't get a ship notice by next week I'll get back with them again.

Guest VJGthe3

I emailed them two weeks ago and was told I "was in week 3 of my wait" and their typical wait time was 4-6 weeks. If I don't get a ship notice by next week I'll get back with them again.

Update: Got my shipping confirmation email 2 hours ago, so mine was just short of 5 weeks to ship.

I don't have a complaint, the leather is thick and provides good coverage and the judged is thick as well. The also send a bunch of bushings to adjust retension.

The lesson in patience for the delay of arrival is a bit over the top though:)

Worth every penny!

Yeah I like the thicker leather and kydex as opposed to the thin. The Kholsters and Crossbreeds I have owned in the past were never as comfortable as the King Tuk I used to carry a Glock 19 in. The thicker stuff takes up more room obviously but it's just more comfortable for all day carry for me. I guess that's why they make both for all body types though haha.

On a side note my tracking number is showing now that it went from Idaho to Washington and now it's in VA for some reason. USPS overshot TN by a couple hundred miles.....

Just received mine today and man is this thing built like a tank. Thick leather and thick kydex. If I run out of ammo I'm pretty sure I could take it off and use it as a club. I don't have the firearm it fits with me so I can't test that out but the molding detail on it is great as well so I'm sure it will fit like a glove. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. They also come very well packaged with a nice alien gear bag, plenty of extra hardware and a sticker.

Regarding customer service I couldn't get them on the phone at first but after leaving a message they followed up promptly and were very professional promising it was worth the wait. I can verify it is.

• Administrator

I've never been a fan of Crossbreed or the clones.  Comp-Tac started the whole hybrid holster thing with their MTAC holster years ago and it's still the best thing going, IMO.  You get what you pay for.

Guest VJGthe3

Received mine on Saturday. I'm still working on the best position for it, but as far as build quality, retention, and general feel, I don't think you can do any better for the price point. I also have not tried out any of the expensive ones, so I don't know what I may be missing either.