TWD Season 5

Well...Carl's chances have decreased a lot lately; but maybe the group will find a pre-teen, zombie slashing, little hottie for him.

It does seem a little odd that Judith seems to be in such good shape. Never have a shortage of milk/food of some kind; but we don't ever see it.

I think they are doing with less food to make sure she keeps feed.........and have you looked at the boobies on Tara!!!!  Milk factory for sure right there ........yeah I had to go there.

I about fell out laughing when they kissed.   Mostly laughing wondering who would lose their mind here first.

I hope it turns out they are married.   At least being gay explains the fashion sense and cleanliness.

Pretty good episode.   Why didn't Glenn turn on the wipers?

• Like 7

I about fell out laughing when they kissed.   Mostly laughing wondering who would lose their mind here first.

I hope it turns out they are married.   At least being gay explains the fashion sense and cleanliness.

Pretty good episode.   Why didn't Glenn turn on the wipers?

Let us know when someone actually loses their mind over it. I haven't seen it.

But it was okay when the lesbians were introduced, with one still an active character?

Was there a lesbian kiss and I just missed it?

It's not the gay character I object to, because I already knew they existed in TWD universe, I just don't understand the gratuitous inclusion of something that they know many people will find repulsive.

Edited by daddyo
  • Like 1

Was there a lesbian kiss and I just missed it?

It's not the gay character I object to, because I already knew they existed in TWD universe, I just don't understand the gratuitous inclusion of something that they know many people will find repulsive.

Tara and the one girl from the second camp the Governor raided the prison with.

The one thing to take into account is that this is the highest rated cable television show of all time. That means there is a good chance that a good chunk of folks from all minorities and majorities watch it. Regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation or political affiliation.

While watching two men kiss is not my cup of tea, it didn't grievously offend me. I am a big boy, I can handle watching things that make me uncomfortable. 

• Like 2

Tara and the one girl from the second camp the Governor raided the prison with.

The one thing to take into account is that this is the highest rated cable television show of all time. That means there is a good chance that a good chunk of folks from all minorities and majorities watch it. Regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation or political affiliation.

While watching two men kiss is not my cup of tea, it didn't grievously offend me. I am a big boy, I can handle watching things that make me uncomfortable. 

Yes, I'm aware that Tara and the girl in the Governor's camp were an item, but if they were overtly affectionate with one another, I missed it. It's not going to stop me from watching the show, I just don't think it was necessary. I can't help but think, though, that the writers really enjoyed having the two guys kiss so they could REEEAAAALLLLYYYYY piss some of the OFWG's off.

Yes, I'm aware that Tara and the girl in the Governor's camp were an item, but if they were overtly affectionate with one another, I missed it. It's not going to stop me from watching the show, I just don't think it was necessary. I can't help but think, though, that the writers really enjoyed having the two guys kiss so they could REEEAAAALLLLYYYYY piss some of the OFWG's off.

Just to play Devil's Advocate here, was the sex shown between Lori and Shane, or Glenn and Maggie, or even Andrea standing naked in the moonlight necessary? 

To a degree I argue that it all was and is necessary to show that life goes on, the birth of Judith is proof that the world continues, the sun rises, the sun sets. Humans will continue to find comfort in one another's company.

I am certain the writers did get a kick out the introduction of a gay male character, well two. A gay female, especially an attractive one will rarely be shunned, because we are nothing if not hypocritical when it involves attractive women and fantasy. I remember last summer the enormous outcry that came from the rumor that it would be revealed that Daryl batted for the other team. I am sure the big in you face man on man tongue action was someone's idea of giving a big 'eff you' to criticism.

My honest opinion, as long as the story moves along, characters are still developed, zeds still get piked, I am along for the ride.

• Like 1

Just to play Devil's Advocate here, was the sex shown between Lori and Shane, or Glenn and Maggie, or even Andrea standing naked in the moonlight necessary? 

To a degree I argue that it all was and is necessary to show that life goes on, the birth of Judith is proof that the world continues, the sun rises, the sun sets. Humans will continue to find comfort in one another's company.

I am certain the writers did get a kick out the introduction of a gay male character, well two. A gay female, especially an attractive one will rarely be shunned, because we are nothing if not hypocritical when it involves attractive women and fantasy. I remember last summer the enormous outcry that came from the rumor that it would be revealed that Daryl batted for the other team. I am sure the big in you face man on man tongue action was someone's idea of giving a big 'eff you' to criticism.

My honest opinion, as long as the story moves along, characters are still developed, zeds still get piked, I am along for the ride.

Well, for that matter, why not show them taking a dump and wiping themselves with their hand? I mean, it shows that life goes on, does it not?

We know that some things go on as a part of living, we just don't have to see them all. I don't like being put in the position of voyeur.

Well, for that matter, why not show them taking a dump and wiping themselves with their hand? I mean, it shows that life goes on, does it not?

We know that some things go on as a part of living, we just don't have to see them all. I don't like being put in the position of voyeur.

Then let's go back to my post you responded to.

When Andrea stood in the moonlight, naked as the day she was born, the light reflecting off of her curves as she reached down and retrieved her knife. The camera lingered for seconds, many seconds long that it needed too. The director wanted us to feel her pain in trying to decided if she should, no, could kill the Governor while he slept. 

Did you look away then? Did you feel like a voyeur then? How uncomfortable did that make you?

Because surely, that was unnecessary, much like someone walking off into the bushes to take a piss, right? We didn't need any of that.

Then let's go back to my post you responded to.

When Andrea stood in the moonlight, naked as the day she was born, the light reflecting off of her curves as she reached down and retrieved her knife. The camera lingered for seconds, many seconds long that it needed too. The director wanted us to feel her pain in trying to decided if she should, no, could kill the Governor while he slept. 

Did you look away then? Did you feel like a voyeur then? How uncomfortable did that make you?

Because surely, that was unnecessary, much like someone walking off into the bushes to take a piss, right? We didn't need any of that.

Did I look away? Of course not. Know why? Because TV and films have conditioned me to think that it's just another nude scene. They've bombarded me with nudity and the F bomb and all kinds of other things that years ago were rare and even taboo to the point where if I object someone will shoot me down and call me a prude or naive. That was the goal all along, to saturate the material coming out of Hollywood with sex, violence, and perversion to the point that no one even gives it a second thought anymore. They're trying to do the same thing with homosexuality and it looks like they're winning. Even last night's homo kiss wasn't enough to make me turn it off, where maybe a couple of years ago it would've been.

Let's not kid ourselves.... we're all being programmed and brainwashed, it appears that many of us don't even care.

Edited by daddyo
  • Like 1

Let's not kid ourselves.... we're all being programmed and brainwashed, it appears that many of us don't even care.

I might not take it as far as being programmed or brainwashed. I speak only for myself when I say that I watch less than four hours of television a week total, including news programs. While the news that I do receive is biased, it is very easy to find a second source, or even a third. I find programmed news to be much more poisonous than a one hour programmed drama.

Russ Meyer is regarded as the father of the nudie movies. I find his body of work fascinating. And if you are familiar with Russ Meyer, you really got that pun. His first film was released in 1959. He incorporated story and art with his nudity. Unlike previous attempts that were just boudoir voyeur films. Honestly, over the last fifty-five years, only the quality of the film stock has changed. Mudhoney is a personal favorite film of mine. 

While it may be true that nudity, sex and violence in movies and television have become commonplace, it is unfair to say that this is new. Daytime Soaps have been smutty for how long? You want to tell me that Charlies Angels was really a well written show about the activities of three normal girls? Baywatch was really about saving lives on the beach? 

I prefer to spend my time worried about tangible things. Will my raise this year be worthwhile? Will my daughter perform well and enjoy her first season in competitive soccer league this year? Will my wife make me some of her awesome fried chicken tonight?

Worrying about some liberal agenda that may or may not exist on a device that I choose to utilize for entertainment purposes is very low on that list. After all, if I find it offensive or it makes me uncomfortable, I change the channel, or even more extreme, I turn the television off.

Here is a small anecdote, well two.

I have a great family, wonderful wife, exceptional daughter. I am fully devoted to them. My wife loves to watch television. She abhors any hint of sex, violence, and sadly intrigue. She is very vanilla in her tastes. She does occasionally enjoy a police procedural. I don't, but sometimes I will tune in from time to time on what she is watching. She got into a show, Criminal Minds I think. Watched a marathon of it. But I noticed a trend in the show to graphically depict the death of children in a spectacular manner. I pointed this out to my wife, and from that day forth I requested that she not watch that show in my presence. Much like her reality television. This wasn't because I wanted to stick my head in the sand and pretend that children never get hurt, it was because I don't enjoy watching, hearing, or otherwise for entertainment purposes, children being hurt/killed/exploited.

The last anecdote would be my excitement in purchasing a Playstation 4. The choice of which was heavily favored due to a single game. The Last of Us had been remastered and released and being a Sony exclusive, it made my choice for me. However, and to attempt not to spoil anything, a scene occurred in the first ten minutes of the game that ruined the experience for me, and I quite literally removed it from the console and returned it to the store at that exact moment. Again, not trying to be naive, but as the father of a daughter who is just as into zeds as I am, I couldn't stomach the plot device, regardless of how important it was to the story.

At the end of the day I understand that not everyone in the world thinks like I do. Believes what I do. Some folks are religious. Some folks believe that women aren't equal to men. Some folks believe that the color of your skin determines who you are. Some folks think that everyone should live by their set of morals, or laws. Me? I like what I like, and I will be damned if someone tries to take what I like away from me. And with that though, who am I to take what someone else likes away from them? As long as what I do doesn't hurt you, and what you do doesn't hurt me, who are either of us to try and change the other? Diversity is what makes this world spectacular.

Edited by Murgatroy
  • Like 1

I might not take it as far as being programmed or brainwashed. I speak only for myself when I say that I watch less than four hours of television a week total, including news programs. While the news that I do receive is biased, it is very easy to find a second source, or even a third. I find programmed news to be much more poisonous than a one hour programmed drama.

Russ Meyer is regarded as the father of the nudie movies. I find his body of work fascinating. And if you are familiar with Russ Meyer, you really got that pun. His first film was released in 1959. He incorporated story and art with his nudity. Unlike previous attempts that were just boudoir voyeur films. Honestly, over the last fifty-five years, only the quality of the film stock has changed. Mudhoney is a personal favorite film of mine. 

While it may be true that nudity, sex and violence in movies and television have become commonplace, it is unfair to say that this is new. Daytime Soaps have been smutty for how long? You want to tell me that Charlies Angels was really a well written show about the activities of three normal girls? Baywatch was really about saving lives on the beach? 

I prefer to spend my time worried about tangible things. Will my raise this year be worthwhile? Will my daughter perform well and enjoy her first season in competitive soccer league this year? Will my wife make me some of her awesome fried chicken tonight?

Worrying about some liberal agenda that may or may not exist on a device that I choose to utilize for entertainment purposes is very low on that list. After all, if I find it offensive or it makes me uncomfortable, I change the channel, or even more extreme, I turn the television off.

Here is a small anecdote, well two.

I have a great family, wonderful wife, exceptional daughter. I am fully devoted to them. My wife loves to watch television. She abhors any hint of sex, violence, and sadly intrigue. She is very vanilla in her tastes. She does occasionally enjoy a police procedural. I don't, but sometimes I will tune in from time to time on what she is watching. She got into a show, Criminal Minds I think. Watched a marathon of it. But I noticed a trend in the show to graphically depict the death of children in a spectacular manner. I pointed this out to my wife, and from that day forth I requested that she not watch that show in my presence. Much like her reality television. This wasn't because I wanted to stick my head in the sand and pretend that children never get hurt, it was because I don't enjoy watching, hearing, or otherwise for entertainment purposes, children being hurt/killed/exploited.

The last anecdote would be my excitement in purchasing a Playstation 4. The choice of which was heavily favored due to a single game. The Last of Us had been remastered and released and being a Sony exclusive, it made my choice for me. However, and to attempt not to spoil anything, a scene occurred in the first ten minutes of the game that ruined the experience for me, and I quite literally removed it from the console and returned it to the store at that exact moment. Again, not trying to be naive, but as the father of a daughter who is just as into zeds as I am, I couldn't stomach the plot device, regardless of how important it was to the story.

At the end of the day I understand that not everyone in the world thinks like I do. Believes what I do. Some folks are religious. Some folks believe that women aren't equal to men. Some folks believe that the color of your skin determines who you are. Some folks think that everyone should live by their set of morals, or laws. Me? I like what I like, and I will be damned if someone tries to take what I like away from me. And with that though, who am I to take what someone else likes away from them? As long as what I do doesn't hurt you, and what you do doesn't hurt me, who are either of us to try and change the other? Diversity is what makes this world spectacular.

Compare television today with television in the 50's and 60's, or even the 70's. Much cleaner, much more restrained. As someone who grew up with television, it's always been a part of my life. I try to be selective in what I fill my brain with. It seems that I have to be more and more so every year, because the minds who think up this trash are diseased and perverse. It's no wonder that people buy DVD's of the Andy Griffith Show and other clean viewing material from years gone by.

And to your point about having other things to worry about, like things much closer to home.... just because I worry about the decline of societal values doesn't mean I'm not concerned about other things as well. I have a son with Type 1 diabetes and several other health issues. I worry about what will become of him in the years ahead. I have a father with dementia, and it breaks my heart each and every single day to see him slip further and further away from my sister, my brother and me. I wonder if I will have a job next week, or even tomorrow. So, yes.... I worry and concern myself with matters involving my family, friends, and my work just like you do.

Edited by daddyo

Meanwhile......back at The Walking Dead......

I thought it was a good episode. They brought back the fear I've been looking for. That night-time car scene was excellent. When the flare went off and Aaron tripped out, I thought it was because he wanted to get away because something super bad was coming their way. Way to amp up the tension. :up:  I thought it was a solid episode.

Toss in "flare to the face" zombie and we have a winner!

The whole Aaron and other dude (can't recall his name) story makes me think about our discussions about Carl never getting any now that Beth's gone. Noah's not much older than Carl....... :stir: :stir: :stir:

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 3