Carrying With Style

Guest num7striker

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer
I never ask how I look. Why you may ask? Because I can make anything look good. :cool:

You never leave your house....do you.? :P

To the OP...start wearing clothes that fit... you will find them in the section of the store marked MEN...the boys section is for young kids...

but if you must..you can try getting some custom fits for your style.

gothic_clothing_470x352.jpg

HEHEHE

:P:p:p:p:p:taunt:

• Administrator

In all seriousness (and an attempt to get back on topic) carrying a handgun ultimately involves a bit of a compromise. You may have to wear a size larger shirt than you normally would, or an over-shirt, or a shirt cut a little looser. This is no different than if pocket-carry was your thing but you traditionally wore ball hugger jeans. That won't work if you're carrying a handgun in your pocket. :cool:

The bottom line is that you're going to need to make a minor concession in the way you dress in order to provide the sort of cover that you're wanting. It doesn't mean you suddenly have to start wearing Tommy Bahamma shirts.

Guest num7striker

Haha fair enough, I have no problems with Tommy Bahama though.. maybe in 10 years :cool: Time to start looking at different holsters, it seems that smart tuck is incredibly popular.

Haha fair enough, I have no problems with Tommy Bahama though.. maybe in 10 years :cool: Time to start looking at different holsters, it seems that smart tuck is incredibly popular.

Or MTAC or even a CTAC.

Guest num7striker
Yeah....that...^^^^^^^^^^^.

Being thick skinned helps in here, you seem to take it in stride, good on ya.

But find yourself a girlfriend, or a gal pal to bounce ideas off of (clothing ideas...you perverts)

Yeah, I'm no stranger to message boards and the brand of humor that is used on them. I wonder if Holister makes all leather IWB holster :cool:

Guest betobeto
I don't think this could be any further from the truth. Different brands of clothing fit differently. I was asking the GUYS because the GUYS are the ones wearing the clothing. I'm not looking for style tips, I'm asking what you all tend to wear while carrying.

I sense a bit of insecurity in this post.

:cool: I was just messing with you. I hope your seach for the right clothing pans out. Try Cross breed IWB holsters the one I've got is tuckable and comfortable as well.

or carry in the nude since nothing fits like a birth-day suit.

Edited by betobeto
Guest canynracer
Holy hell, threads degenerate pretty quickly on these forums :cool:

LOL I was just playing around...sorry to help the de-railing...

seriously, as the other folks stated, the best thing to do is look at the holsters...they are cheaper than a new gun, and if you get the "One" it is very comfy...

You should even look at some custom ones...milt sparks is good!

as far a clothes, I havent changed style or sizes much..

Edited by canynracer
Holster and belt choice is what it will come down to, as long as your outer layer isn't skin tight, you'll be fine... truthfully, most people don't even register a minor, oddly shaped bulge on the waist.

Especially in today's cell phone, PDA, Iphone world.

Maybe its time to update your dress to match the dress of an adult instead of dressing like a high school kid at a pep rally.

Your now 21 and can carry a gun,so dress like it.

Originally Posted by molonlabetn viewpost.gif

Holster and belt choice is what it will come down to, as long as your outer layer isn't skin tight, you'll be fine... truthfully, most people don't even register a minor, oddly shaped bulge on the waist.

Nor do they register a large,oddly shaped bulge :cool:
Maybe its time to update your dress to match the dress of an adult instead of dressing like a high school kid at a pep rally.

OUCH man... Sorry I missed the pose off, but Eddie the challenge has been met on your user page!

Without further derailment, all I can still say is either dress around the gun, or buy a small gun that will hide easily.

• Administrator

Easy there, Trigger. You wouldn't tell this guy to stop wearing "club shirts" because only high school kids dress in tight clothes, would you?

yhst-50863389838911_2019_1514207

Guest num7striker

I laughed.

Sooo, like, carrying under my Preds or Giants jersey isn't tacticool?

Or maybe flip flops, cargo pants and a ronjon tanktop?

Guest num7striker
Well I didn't mean to come off that harsh,but yes,if you dress in tight polos,and khaki shorts,then you will look like a high school kid.

Well.. I mean... Uhhhh... We aren't talking about wearing under-armor tight clothing, we're talking about clothes that don't fit like tents.

Guest eyebedam
Easy there, Trigger. You wouldn't tell this guy to stop wearing "club shirts" because only high school kids dress in tight clothes, would you?

yhst-50863389838911_2019_1514207

Who,s the Swoll dude in the pic?

Don't feel bad Num. I have the same problem, and I usually dress about the same way you do, and have no problems concealing my 4" XD while carrying IWB.

These ideas should help, even though you're about three inches shorter than me.

1.) Relaxed fit, boot cut jeans that are a size too big in the waist. I wear my XD at 4 o'clock in these in an IWB tuckable holster. For khakis, if you don't need them to hold a crease, get relaxed fit khaki slacks from some place like Old Navy. If you need them to hold a crease, or look a bit more formal, go to a real menswear store.

2.) For Polo shirts, I wear IZOD 100% cotton shirts from JC Penney's. An ex-girlfriend bought me some of these because my old Polo's weren't long enough in the back to comfortably tuck in over my XD. These actually are long enough to tuck in. I also wear these every day to work with a pair of slacks, and never have had an issue concealing my XD at work.

3.) Dress clothes: Go to whatever the local equivalent of Joseph A Banks is. If it's actually a Banks store, they're about to become your new best friend as far as concealing your weapon in dress clothes is concerned. Banks in particular has been very gun friendly in my experience. And they'll help you tailor your clothes around your particular sidearm. For example, my dress slacks and suits all have reinforced right side hip pockets for pocket carry. They also have an extra layer of fabric behind my right hip on the suit jackets to keep the jacket from wearing thin over my XD. The pants also have 1.5" belt loops instead of the more normally found 1.25" loops.

4.) Always get a female's opinion. Even if you have to resort to asking one of the girls working in the shop who looks like she's 16. They might notice something you didn't.

5.) Most of the good gun leather companies also make pretty good gun belts. I wear a 1.5" gun belt with everything, including my suits. I think I spent about $100 or so on each of my gun belts, one brown and one black. Good leather isn't cheap, but good leather will last for years. The cheap belts will maybe make it through a year of daily carry.

Hope that helps some.

Edited by skwashdem
typo