Beheading and Stabbing at OK Food Plant

gun sane

True - i do not at all believe that all muslims are going to lop off my head. The issue is that orthodox islam is followed by a large number of people. And those muslims who do not follow the orthodoxy are considered apostates by those orthodox folks and thus are also persecuted. Thus the problem

I think the correlation here between Islam and acts of barbarism is being interpreted incorrectly.  For this specific instance, the individual in question was a convert to Islam, but seemed not to know enough to practice it.  Based on the news report on his Facebook page, there was a lot of information on there that was in contrast to fundamental Islam.  He's kinda like a person who would convert to being a rabid vegan, yet continue to eat eggs and fish. 

What we have in this case is a man who is a violent psychopath who converted to Islam and embraced ideals he thought were organic to the faith, and coincidentally satisfied his murderous fantasies.  So is Islam to blame, or the psychopath?

Some folks would argue that a faith which promotes such behavior makes an attractive haven to people like this man, and I don't disagree.  I don't agree, however, with the notion that all Muslims are guilty by association.  There are more Muslims picking up arms to fight against fundamentalist than there are Muslims picking up arms to promote it.  Yes, the Quran has some evil stuff in there, but so does the Old Testament.  The difference is there aren't fundamentalist Christians using terrorism to promote their brand of religion.  This, I think, is due to cultural and geopolitical reasons.  Obviously, Christians control Western society, and Western society is pretty stable when contrasted against mid-East civilization as a whole.  The mid-East is unstable due to a list longer than I care to make or read, but the high points would be culture, sectarianism, western political influence (due to oil), an Israeli state, rampant poverty, poor education, and tribalism.  What a breeding ground for an endless supply of angry, fighting aged males looking to blame someone, anyone, for their woes.  Toss in a promise of everlasting paradise with nearly 100 chicks to play with your pecker, and you got yourself a ripe pool of recruits to pull from.  These are the types of screwheads that we have to worry about, and the types of screwheads that are attracted to the idea of having their own extremist state (ISIS) where they can have the perception of control over their destiny.

Now, enter the loonies who weren't born of such a society, yet have obsessive, psychopathic tendencies.  Some of the less intelligent nutbags need an outlet to justify their actions.  The more intelligent, narcissistic ones don't need an outlet.  They know they are crazy and don't require excuses for it.  In the case of this beheader, it's safe to say he wasn't the among the best and brightest.  This man has always been a nut, and only recently found Mohammed.  Perhaps his perception of Islam, or at least the Western perception of Islam, motivated him to follow Momo the kid raper so that he could manifest his anger into something.  I think the choice of Islam itself is inconsequential here.  He could just as easily chose to be in a Satanist cult, vampire cult or the NBPP.  There are plenty of mentally unbalanced folks who join these cults for the sole purpose of legitimizing their crazy fantasies.  I can't place the blame at the foot of every Muslim.  Plenty of them are secular and choose to ignore the murderous parts of the Quran, just like plenty of us ignore the murderous parts of the OT.

• Like 2

The fact is that these killers are not getting their ideas through selective reading of the koran. There are a large number of clerics and institutions which condone the literal implementation of shariah laws.

For example, Please explain how The Assembly of Muslim Jurists of America are nuts and are misinterpreting their faith. This is a mainstream group.

In a q&a section a man asks about his recent trip to a strip club and if it counted as adultery - the answer:

"The act you have committed – as you appear to know – is an offensive sin, and it is a form of fornication, as the Prophet (May Allah bless him and give him peace) indicated that the eyes comit fornication by looking…etc. Yet, it is not the absolute zina punishable by al-hadd. (the prescribed punishment of zina, which is stoning in the case of a married man). The later must involve intercourse. May Allah protect you, and save your deen and honor. Allah knows best. -

See more at: http://www.amjaonline.com/en_f_details.php?fid=22905#sthash.9F3954n1.dpuf

Screenshot in case it gets pulled:

9f7136c09c961048cafc7b1b4d6ea7ed.jpg

More info on AMJA

"With regard to the Sharia, specifically, AMJA’s stated purpose is to “clarify the rulings of the sharia which are relevant for those who live in America.” AMJA is well-accepted by the mainstream American Muslim community. The Islamic scholars affiliated with this group maintain influential positions in universities, Islamic centers, and mosques throughout the United States. Notwithstanding this mainstream acceptance, including uncritical endorsement of its annual American conferences to train American imams, AMJA openly sanctions the stoning to death of adulterers, albeit with the “caveat” that the adultery involves intercourse.

AMJA has also issued rulings which sanction the killing of apostates (here), “blasphemers” (including non-Muslims guilty of this “crime”; here), and condone marital rape. Even more ominously, another Arabic-language fatwa from AMJA’s Dr. Salah Al-Sawy leaves open the possibility for offensive jihad against America and the West, as soon as Muslims are strong enough to do so. When asked whether “the Islamic missionary effort in the West … [was] to the point where it could take advantage of offensive jihad,” Al-Sawy ruled:

The Islamic community does not possess the strength to engage in offensive jihad at this time. With our current capabilities, we are aspiring toward defensive jihad, and to improve our position with regards to jurisprudence at this stage. But there is a different discussion for each situation. Allah Almighty knows best.

It is also of grave concern that AMJA, as an American organization, offers only grudging and conditional support to the fundamental notions of acquiring citizenship in, and swearing allegiance to, the U.S. and our Sharia-antithetical governing legal system. Responding to the query: “Is acquiring an American citizenship lawful or prohibited?” AMJA issued fatwa #77223:

As for optionally obtaining citizenship of a non-Muslim country it is definitely prohibited without a doubt, moreover it could be a form of apostasy or main means leading to apostasy because willingly accepting the laws of disbelievers and obeying it without any valid excuse or enforcement, or ignorance is considered a nullifier to Tawheed and Islam, as long as the proof has been established upon this person and the matter and its consequences are as I clarified. As for obtaining citizenships in light of circumstances of Muslims today who are residing outside the lands of Islam — on the condition that they do not accept indefinitely the law and legislation of that country and being indefinite belonging to the nation of the non-Muslim country so that they become loyal to all their allies and an enemy to all their enemies — and obtaining the citizenship is considered a required means in order to organize the affairs of Muslims who already live there while ensuring fulfilling vows and agreements between them and host countries, and exists due to urgent necessities and needs and this Muslim kept his loyalty to Allaah and His Messenger, then it would not be farfetched to say that it would be permissible."

Link:

http://www.andrewbostom.org/blog/2014/09/27/like-ok-beheader-mainstream-assembly-of-muslim-jurists-of-america-condones-stoning-adulterers-and-sharia-supremacism/

• Like 1

I hear people say all the time that police officers do not shoot much and are terrible shots. When I went through the Academy we shot about 1k rounds each during firearms week and then I shot about another 1k during my first in service. The agency I am with now requires about 200 rounds a quarter, but gives you more if you wish. I have yet to be beside an officer at any of these that failed to score at least 85%. I am going I say that the level of marksmanship I see is far better than what I saw in the Army.

I think the officer in OK did just fine; he hit the assailant and did not shoot any bystanders. A new trend that I do not believe in is telling officers to not shoot anymore than is necessary. This is because of the backlash from possibly good shoots that left public scrutiny of assailants being shot more than 3 times. Example: Ferguson, MO.

In contrast, when I was a LEO back in the 90's the average department had you qualify at most once a year expending 50 rounds to do so. Many departments went to a pass/fail system to circumvent the inevitable question of being asked what your score was when you were on the witness stand. Anything beyound 50 rounds was on your on dime and time.

Well, I reached a point quite awhile back when the first bombing took place at the World trade center that these people were very radical and I began going armed because I figured that it was going to get worse before it got better. My figuring was right on. It has gotten much worse and no better so I will continue to be armed and I will continue to practice more so I can be sure and place my first few rounds where they will do the most damage and remove the threat.................jmho.

I read many of the comments on that article. What a HOOT!!! The number of morons in this country is increasing exponentially.

Yep. If Habib decides to blow himself up in public, he's gonna take some dumbasses with him. Just goes to show you... every cloud has a silver lining.