2014 rifle season pics, keep the pics from your stand and trail cam pics coming too!

Well I'm already sick that season is over and the fact that the weather seems to finally start getting cold enough to force them into moving during light hours just makes it worse. I'm very fortunate and glad that my deer hunting isn't over for the year since I still have at least one trip to Florida during their season but I wish I had a couple more days worth of TN hunting in this cold weather. Looks like we're leaving for FL on the 19th and our first stop will be mainly focused on pigs rather than deer. I probably won't be taking anything but a mature buck at the first property and since this property doesn't seem to be a "big" buck property I'm not really getting my hopes up. My family's land is the 2nd stop and that's where I know that I have the deer at. My Grandfather has been checking my cameras and said there are quite a few big (big for the area) bucks coming through those areas. If I get three more deer I will have hit my goal for the year and it's looking like that will be easy to achieve. Their season runs on into February so I might go back down sometime in February just to get a little more stand time.

As far as what hunting comes next, I think I'll focus on coyotes pretty heavy. They have been going nuts around my hunting area and I have permission to hunt them on close to 2,000 acres there so that should be interesting. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm already sick that season is over and the fact that the weather seems to finally start getting cold enough to force them into moving during light hours just makes it worse. I'm very fortunate and glad that my deer hunting isn't over for the year since I still have at least one trip to Florida during their season but I wish I had a couple more days worth of TN hunting in this cold weather. Looks like we're leaving for FL on the 19th and our first stop will be mainly focused on pigs rather than deer. I probably won't be taking anything but a mature buck at the first property and since this property doesn't seem to be a "big" buck property I'm not really getting my hopes up. My family's land is the 2nd stop and that's where I know that I have the deer at. My Grandfather has been checking my cameras and said there are quite a few big (big for the area) bucks coming through those areas. If I get three more deer I will have hit my goal for the year and it's looking like that will be easy to achieve. Their season runs on into February so I might go back down sometime in February just to get a little more stand time.

As far as what hunting comes next, I think I'll focus on coyotes pretty heavy. They have been going nuts around my hunting area and I have permission to hunt them on close to 2,000 acres there so that should be interesting. 

Let me know if you need help with those coyotes.

• 3 months later...
Well, I'm in the kitchen cooking up a pot of venison chili right now. Got me thinking about a few things. One, I miss talking to y'all in these threads about the current deer season, hearing the good and bad stories . Two, at least a few of our months of waiting after last season ended are over. Bow season will be here before ya know it. Three, June is next month and my mount should be done from last year's buck.
All in all, I miss deer season and all that goes with it! Edited by rugerla1
  • Like 1
Why'd you have to go resurrect this thread?!?!?id been doing a pretty good job of not thinking to much about it until now ?. I'm not sure when my mount will be completed but I haven't paid the guy yet so it's living rent free in his freezer right now. I can't remember when he estimated that it'd be done but I seem to remember thinking that I had until mid-late summer to figure out where I'd hang him.
I do think you and my wife are Aholes for bringing all this up tho, I mean, you know that I'm waiting on my suppressor and sbr approvals and now you added deer season and a call from the taxidermist and she's added a baby to my "things I'm waiting on" list. In all seriousness though, I can't wait!!!
  • Like 1
As much as I enjoy deer season I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it the test of the year. I'd rather spend that time thinking about whatever happens to be in season or just enjoying the weather. Currently I'm trying to find time to have my bow restrung so I can start slinging some arrows. I also need to get my muzzle loader back to the range and decide if it will do or if I need to find another.