Decent price on electronic hearing protection

JWC

I saw these Peltors at Home Depot in their seasonal stuff for $80 the other day and knew they'd drop in price. That stuff always does. I stocked up on coast flashlights and utility knives out of the seasonal clearance stuff in past years.
Anyway I saw them posted on Slickdeals today that they've gone down to $49. They're $74 on amazon with 4.7 stars out of 78 reviews with no 1 or 2 star reviews. So they may be decent.

I'd pick up some myself for my wife and I but I suppose we ain't been good and I had some work/pay concerns develop in the past few weeks, so Santa is only coming for the kids this year. However I thought I'd share with my TGO bros and maybe someone would like some at what appears a decent price for a relatively well reviewed set off muffs.

So check local HD or better yet buy online and pick up at your local store if it shows in stock online.

Hate that I can't get these I've been wanting some electronics. Meh, my plain muffs still keep me hearing just fine. But who don't like at least the appearanceoif fancy stuff? Lol

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Peltor-Tactical-100-Electronic-Hearing-Protector-TAC100-OTH/205139061?cm_mmc=CJ-_-1225267-_-10368321&N=5yc1vZc1xyZ25egxh&AID=10368321&PID=1225267&SID=f7dd3f1b6c644e8498a4d88a7bb705b8&cj=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peltor's are good stuff.  I had the Tactical 6S ones in Afghanistan when I was an embedded FSR.  They fit perfect under a standard helmet, which is why I got them.  I liked them better than the Howard Leight model I also had.  I use them at the range now that I'm back in the states. 

These ones look great, and if I didn't already have two pairs of decent headphones I'd grab them at that price.  The 3.5mm jack is nice, but I always just put in ear buds then put the muffs over them.  Was able to hear my music over the roar of any helicopter engine.

How do these compare to the Howard Leight impact sport set? Looks like they are both rated for 22 decibel reduction. I honestly am not too happy with the HL set I own, they amplify well but do not seem to reduce any shooting noise.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001T7QJ9O/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?pc_redir=T1

If you want someone local to take those HL's off your hands I'm your Huckleberry ;). The wife always wants to use mine instead of the ones I bought for her.

I might order a pair of these as well.

If you want someone local to take those HL's off your hands I'm your Huckleberry ;). The wife always wants to use mine instead of the ones I bought for her.

I might order a pair of these as well.

I am ordering a pair of these Peltor's. Reviews on Home Depot and Amazon are really good, seem to be rated higher than the HLs. I will try them out when I get a chance and let you know, I only need one pair of electronic muffs as have a few pairs of normal hearing protection and my wife prefers them anyways.

How do these compare to the Howard Leight impact sport set? Looks like they are both rated for 22 decibel reduction. I honestly am not too happy with the HL set I own, they amplify well but do not seem to reduce any shooting noise.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001T7QJ9O/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?pc_redir=T1

Anything by Peltor is going to be better than Howard Leight.  The pair JWC linked, or the 6S model are both going to be much better at a comparable price.

• Like 1
Order online use promo code PROAPP50 and save $10 on $50 purchase

Add some washers or something to get over $50. I think I'm gonna order me some. Can't stand it.

Order online use promo code PROAPP50 and save $10 on $50 purchase

Add some washers or something to get over $50. I think I'm gonna order me some. Can't stand it.

Yes, I tried. But for some reason, I kept getting stalled when ordering.

Oh well. I can't complain. The local manager is a great guy and always donates equipment to the neighborhood cleanup projects.

So I just went to his location.
  • 2 weeks later...
I finally opened mine for Christmas. I like them. Heck I may wear them around the house. They block out my kids hollerin' and I can't turn them up to actually hear the tv. I think my wife's right, I need hearing aids.