VA and Vets

So you are saying a VA worker is being paid a bonus, or being paid on how many claims they can clear?

From what Ive read, awhiel back now, the more claims the better their record for evaluation purposes. The more productive the bigger the year end (or whenever it is) bonus they can get. 

I have to say, I don't understand why any gov't worker get a bonus at all. 

So you are saying a VA worker is being paid a bonus, or being paid on how many claims they can clear?

Clearing is moving them to denied which moves it to the appeals process if the vet doesn't give up. It's about the numbers. As my legal representation has told me, it's a waiting game.

• Like 1

So it is not the VA but civilian doctors that are refusing to help veterans, which is really sad. Personally if a doctor EVER received one red cent of government funds they should be required to see veterans if it is requested. If they refuse then they should pay the bill of the doctor that does. Way too many people are reaping the benefits of veterans without giving anything in return.

If you saw what the government offers to pay vs a standard fee schedule you might understand why many clinics are shutting out ALL new govt. insured patients, not just vets. Try going into a restaurant eating a meal and leaving enough cash for 60% of the bill on the table. Kindly explain that it's all good you'll be back next week for another.

If you saw what the government offers to pay vs a standard fee schedule you might understand why many clinics are shutting out ALL new govt. insured patients, not just vets. Try going into a restaurant eating a meal and leaving enough cash for 60% of the bill on the table. Kindly explain that it's all good you'll be back next week for another.

I bet it is reimbursed at an even lower rate than medicare or medicaid since veterans are the enemy and all to those in charge.

Funny (not really) how we haven't heard a peep out of the politicians or media on this lately. Its water under the bridge as are all of the anti american policies/issues coming from the campaigners admin.    

I bet it is reimbursed at an even lower rate than medicare or medicaid since veterans are the enemy and all to those in charge.

Funny (not really) how we haven't heard a peep out of the politicians or media on this lately. Its water under the bridge as are all of the anti american policies/issues coming from the campaigners admin.    

I've said this several times before, and it's happened several time before, once the dust settles form the latest VA scandal, and the politicians have all

had their photo-ops, it'll disappear ffrom the news, and nothing worthwhile will be done.

I was involved in the "colonoscopy" scandal. Fortunately for me, mine turned out ok. Some weren't as lucky.

The VA medical debacle is too extensive to "fix". Way too many people involved & watching each others back.

My solution would be to do away with VA medical facilities, and give each vet a card to go where they choose, and the VA pick up the tab.

Other than that, give each vet the same medical coverage the Congress has. Not going to happen, just keep kicking the can down the road, getting more dents

with each kick.

I had the misfortune to have to spend 4 days in the VA @ M'boro last Apr.2014. It was a nightmare that left me worse than when I went in. Doctor was awful,

nurses were good. Won't do that again. Anything serious, I'll go private. I have Tricare and Medicare, which should take care of most expenses.

As another poster said, and it's true, the VA is a national disgrace. Vast majority of the doctors are foreign. Rare to see a white doctor @ the VA, M'boro

or Nashville.

The administrative leg of the VA is just as bad.

Honestly had better care at the hospital in Quinhon in '67.

As for waiting lists and claims, wait til we die, then no problems.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
My wife's cousin is a disabled Vietnam Vet. I am astonished when I hear his troubles with the VA. Often, after waiting weeks or months for an appointment, when he arrives he is told the person he was supposed to see "went home early" He is rated 65% service related disability but it seems like it should be 100%. He can barely get to the grocery much less work. Truly a sad way to treat those that gave so much