1945 M1 garand

none

I would it's high on my wish list
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks if your interested they had it at the Reloaders Bench in Mj. If I decide to do it we may take a road trip to the store I heard that they were very nice there and a wealth of information.

Thanks if your interested they had it at the Reloaders Bench in Mj. If I decide to do it we may take a road trip to the store I heard that they were very nice there and a wealth of information.

i wish but for now out of my price range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've found the staff at Reloader's Bench to be quite nice. My only wish is that they had a bigger shop. It gets a might crowded in there.

This link will give you the price points on the CMP's various Garand price points. One "sweet spot" is the Service Grade at $730. Taxed if bought at the store. Just a discounted overnight FedEx to your doorstep if ordered.

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

Below is where some of the nicest Garand guys reside; they will gladly answer any questions you might have. The store inventories vary daily nowadays and many report getting some superb Garand's via mail order.

http://forums.thecmp.org

Even filling the "club" requirement is a snap nowadays since a year's subscription (via the CMP) to the Garrand Collectors Club qualifies! : ) Edited by Djay3

Saw one today 1945 model around $900. Seemed kind of steep but seemed to be in good shape for the year. Kind of kicking around the idea of getting one.

Depends on how "correct" it is, and as you state, condition.  I have a CMP Service Grade I got several yrs. ago manufactured in December of '43 but about the only thing on it of WWII vintage is the receiver.

If you go the CMP route, you'll have better luck of getting a WWII rifle if you opt for a Field Grade.  Most of the Service Grades or higher nowadays are post-war.

"If you go the CMP route, you'll have better luck of getting a WWII rifle if you opt for a Field Grade.  Most of the Service Grades or higher nowadays are post-war."

The nice thing about the CMP as a source is that they have Garand examples that appeal to shooters, Garands that appeal to history buff collectors, and all manner of folks in between those two extremes. For example, you can find "Specials" with new Centurian .308 or 30:06 barrels built on WW2 receivers. You can even go to their auction site and bid against the "big boys" on the occasional museum quality all original WW2 Garand.  

The thing I miss most about the "pre-Newtown" days of the CMP is the full racks of all grades of  Garands. A trip to the South Store is still fun but the selection can be very piecemeal. But, they still have pallets of unopened crates from the Army. Who knows what treasures still reside in those!  : )