Walmart strikes again, this time more serious

Hope it works out as painlessly as possible from here on out.  

What ever happened to personal responsibility?  If you f up, you admit it, take responsibility and work to make it right.  SMH

Sadly buddy, that concept has almost totally disappeared from our lives.

The concepts of personal responsibility one was taught in 2 places.

At home, by working caring parents. And at schools that did more than take attendance and hold them for 6-8 hours per day and fill their heads with nonsense.

• Like 1

What ever happened to personal responsibility?  If you f up, you admit it, take responsibility and work to make it right.  SMH

What are you talking about?  

...oh wait, that's from like way back when....no, that's like some serious antique crap man.  

Well if it is not bad enough things just took a turn for the worst.

Rather than wait on Walmart to do the right thing, if they ever will, we decided to contact our insurance to start the claims process. We are still going to wait on Walmart's final decision before actually filing with our insurance but it may not matter anyways. We have full coverage on the vehicle and after explaining to the adjuster that a Walmart worker damaged our vehicle during a service she said our policy may not cover the repairs. She said that because Walmart did the damage they are the ones that should repair it and not our insurance. She said because it was not typical accident that she thinks our full coverage will not cover the damages done by the worker at Walmart.

I am hoping our insurance will cover it but if they don't we are going to cancel all policies once the vehicle is fixed.

What is the sense in having full coverage if they will not fix the vehicle?

Right now the estimate is a little over $600 but she also said it will likely be a lot more because the $600 only covered the body damage and two struts. She said she is unable to inspect whether the hinges or the door is bent as well as whether the lift mechanism is damaged so she cannot add those items to the estimate yet. The $600 is the bare minimum but will likely be a lot more.

provider?  Even if they actually cover, future customers should be cognizant of this philosophy, and prepare for less than stellar support by the provider. (not that it is unusual within the industry....) 

provider? Even if they actually cover, future customers should be cognizant of this philosophy, and prepare for less than stellar support by the provider. (not that it is unusual within the industry....)

I'll take a stab and go with the "your in good hands" company :)
  • Like 1

Hey Dolo, are you aware of Corryton Alignment Center, they are on Emory Road just past Corryton Road on the right. They would be a real good alternative to Walmart for auto repairs. They were recommended to me when we moved back, have used them a few times and have been satisfied with their work.

• 3 weeks later...

After they initially denied the claim we submitted documentation as well as our own video proof and viola they are going to repair it.

I think the fact the Walmart had one video showing the employee did not damage it then the video from the day of the damage was not able to be found may have helped. They submitted two videos showing the vehicle but the one that actually showed the employee damaging the vehicle was no able to be located, imagine that. I think a lack of evidence by the store, the lies they told and our evidence swayed the investigator our way.

I would really like to see the video because the repair people have said for the type of damage that occurred he must have been hanging from it.

And what would be more important for me would be an apology by the Walmart mechanic and the Walmart supervisor who lied to protect themselves.

• Like 2
I thought I'd save some money and took a set of tires in to have mounted.
The valve stems they used must have been at least 4" long. This is on a truck too.

I noticed this when they told me it was ready to go, already balanced and mounted.
I shook my head and asked for the manager. WTF I said to him.

2hrs later they swapped them out for the short ones but didn't rebalance again. I watched.

When I checked out I told the clerk, they mounted, no balance. She took the charge off.

That was the only high point, I still left disgusted and won't be back.

About the only thing I buy there anymore is paper towels and Wranglers when there on sale.

Oh yeah, I find that Dollar General has nicer staff and the goodies are about the same price as Wally.

. Edited by kieefer
If you know Dolomite and where he lives, the East Town WM is (excluding their employees) is a good location with good products and services.

Glad to hear they are stepping up, buy that lottery ticket!

I bought tires at the Chapman highway Walmart a few years back, rotate balance every 3- 5k with an oil change - never had an issue.

If you know Dolomite and where he lives, the East Town WM is (excluding their employees) is a good location with good products and services.

Glad to hear they are stepping up, buy that lottery ticket!

I bought tires at the Chapman highway Walmart a few years back, rotate balance every 3- 5k with an oil change - never had an issue.

We've been talking about THAT Wally this whole time ?? Well it makes sense now...
  • Like 1