Funny incident from work (LEO)

DRM

***Copied from another forum I am on - this isn't me!!! - the LEO in question is from Florida...***

Funny incident from work (LEO)

Went to work the other afternoon and the first call I get is: gunshot's heard in the area of Blah,Blah,Blah. Okay, it's by a lake and is also a favorite area for Dove hunters. I go and check out the area and come across a Dad and son returning from the field. Talked with them for a couple of minutes and then head to the complainents house because they want contact with the responding Deputy. As I pull in the driveway, I see several Obama signs and on the back of the car, it has a "Free Tibet" and a "I support GreenPeace" and a "PETA "sticker on the back. Great..... so out come the husband and wife and it begins....

Them - "we called thirty minutes ago, why did it take so long for you to get here?"

Me - "we had other higher priority calls to respond to first sir."

Them- " we were scared, I know they were shooting at our house with rifles."

Me- " How do you know they were rifles and that they were being shot at your residence sir?"

Them- " We are educated, we can tell"

Me - " So your degree is in Ballistics and Ballistic theory?"

Them - " No, we both have master's in Political Science....and I know what a gun being fired at me sounds like..."

Me- " Sir, no one has a rifle out and shooting it in this area, there was a father and son out dove hunting, but they were using a shotgun and they finished a few minutes ago." " Did you physically see anyone shooting a rifle in the direction of your residence or at you or your wife?"

Them - "No, but I can tell"

Me - " Sir, how much experience do you have with firearms?"

Them - " I shot a small gun once when I was in the boyscouts"

Me- " I don't see where you have any experience to back up your claim sir, plus there is no physical evidence of any bullets hitting your house or car or anything else around here"

Them - "Well....can we get another Deputy out here....your not very sensitive to our dilema"

Me- " No, we don't have that option with our agency, but feel free to call my supervisor if you want...would you like his cell phone number ?

Them - " No, just forget it....when does this hunting foolishness end?"

Me- " Dove season will be over with in a couple of weeks, but......"

Them - " But what....."

Me - " Duck season will be underway in another month and this lake that you live on is a prime hunting spot in the area.....Opening day is going to sound like WWIII....it will start just as the sun is beginning to rise and will go on for most of the day. Oh, I wouldn't plan on sleeping in past 6:00 am if I were you folks. Have a nice night.

I could barely keep a straight face as I was walking back to the car....the wife was starting to freak and was talking to her husband about calling county commissioners, and also calling the realtor and was mumbling something about starting a petition to stop all forms of hunting in this area/lake. What a way to start my shift........

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Todd@CIS

We get that EXACT same call every year...with the EXACT same outcome.

What kills me is when people move into a house knowing full well that there is hunting or a range in the area (and has been for years)...then call police or go to a city counsel meeting to get it shut down when they hear a gunshot.

Aholes...

Edited by Todd@CIS

In a nutshell, their logic is this.....

Let's move out of the city, to the country, and let's build a city there, so we don't have to drive back to city, to get what we miss; and let's also do away with all this strange country life that we don't understand....

I know...We'll put a Wal Mart in that big field where they're always shooting those loud guns.

That mentality really rubs me.:lol: