327 Federal Lever Action

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen any .327 ammo in a store.

Academy always has some American Eagle when I am there.

Just thinking, but would a Marlin be able to handle the length variation from a .357MAX, .357mag, and .38spl?

.357MAX in a lever action would be pretty nice
I have a Henry Big Boy in .357 with a Ruger Bisley Vaquero in the same caliber. They are both a hoot to shoot. I think a .327 magnum rifle would do a lot for the .327 magnum round. We're talking in excess of 2100fps with a 100 gr bullet gives a muzzle energy of somewhere round 950 ft/lbs. Varmints beware!

I like the 327 mag cartridge. If this rifle were available I would probably buy one. Then I would have an excuse to buy a 327 snubby...

If Ruger ever re-releases the sp101 in a 3" barreled version again, it's going straight to the top of my list!

Yeah, that would be really cool. Personally I would rather have a 357 combination setup but no doubt about it, the 327 and 32 H&R are cool calibers.

I would like to have a .357 as well.  

I want a .327 because I'm going to buy a .327 Ruger Single-Seven for my little boy's first handgun.  As a substitute for .22 LR since it seems like it will never be cheap again.  A 30-ish caliber round that can be loaded as a pop-gun or a deer taking round.

That Marlin would make a nice companion to the Single-Seven.

Actually, you can. The .32 ACP is semi-rimmed. Probably wouldn't feed through the lever action. But in a revolver or single shot, I think it is feasible.

Not only feasible - at least one revovler version exists, sort of.  There is a conversion cylinder available for the old Nagant revolvers that is made to allow them to chamber/fire .32ACP.  The only problem is that with some guns they are, apparently, simply a drop in part while in others some minor gunsmithing is required.  To the best of my recollection, the .32ACP cylinders aren't all that expensive and the revolvers don't cost much, either (although the prices seem to have gone up a good bit in the last year or two.)

Some people claim to have fired .32 H&R Magnum out of Nagants using the original cylinder with no problems, whatsoever.  I am not that brave - but I do, sometimes, fire .32 Long out of mine with no issues (not a recommendation to anyone else, just saying that I do it in mine, sometimes.)

Academy always has some American Eagle when I am there.
Just thinking, but would a Marlin be able to handle the length variation from a .357MAX, .357mag, and .38spl?
.357MAX in a lever action would be pretty nice

Agree on the .357 max in a lever action. Can't imagine what you could get out of that cartridge in A long barrel. I was getting 1900 ft/sec with a 200gr bullet out of a 10" contender
  • 2 weeks later...

can you shoot .32 acp in a .327? Talk about versatile if it can. With the right rounds subsonic bunny rounds.

The 32ACP is a semi-rimmed round and does fire the majority of the time in 32mag and 327 mag guns. I had a 32 h&r mag derringer that fired acp about 90% of the time. It was obviously weak primer strikes that caused the other 10% to fail. Guys with smiths and Rugers report the same or less amount of weak primer strikes.

I occasionally see 327 Federal on shelves. I actually found a few boxes during the height of the post-Newtown conspiracy when nothing else could be found.

This guy has a video shooting 32acp in a sp101. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DJhZkIToDMk Edited by Patton