R K Gun Show in the 'Boro Aug. 29 & 30

May be a bit early, but just i case, RK will be back in the 'boro 8/29 & 30, according to their

website. ( I give no personal guarantee here, they've been known to change their plan ).

Also, it says they are back in the original 'air conditioned building'.

Hope I'm able to attend this time. Health didn't permit for last show., or much of anything else, LOL.

Hey...all you guys that are just dying to meet me( :rofl:)  come on out to the M'boro show. Ok. I know that's not much incentive, but come out anyway.

Just look for the old fat man with thinning hair and white beard. No...not Santa.

I'm going to be there with a few items of my own to sell, and will be trying to help at the tables for Custom Defense. That's Sam Hoster, from Gallatin, Tn, for you who don't know.

• Like 1

will be trying to help at the tables for Custom Defense. That's Sam Hoster, from Gallatin, Tn, for you who don't know.

Is Sam going to be there?

I want to talk to him about doing an old-school, retro custom on one of my Colt's in .38 Super. 

I just got back.It was OK. There is another show going on at the fairgrounds that my battle buddy said it was just OK also. I think having two at the same time hurt.

I got there about 11. It was somewhat busy. When I left at one it was dead. Edited by R1100R

Went from 10:00am- noon, not a bad show. Found a Romanian Wasr10  AK47 with wooden furniture with Bulgarian 30rd mag and black carry bag at a reasonable price. Sold a Tasco 6-24x40 scope and purchased a Tapco 30 rd mag and a 100 rds of Tula 124g 7.62x39 fmj ammo.

Edited by lshel

Went from 10:00am- noon, not a bad show. Found a Romanian Wasr10  AK47 with wooden furniture with Bulgarian 30rd mag and black carry bag at a reasonable price. Sold a Tasco 6-24x40 scope and purchased a Tapco 30 rd mag and a 100 rds of Tula 124g 7.62x39 fmj ammo.

I believe that was mine, buddy. Please come back...I undercharged you for it.

I had a good time as usual, I always like this show. I was actually glad it wasn't packed when we got there around 1. Plenty of room to move around and look at everything. Since I'm new to reloading, it was nice walking up to David's table and buy something instead of going "What is all that stuff?" HA HA!

Picked up some 55gr projectiles, powder, and some brass as well. I also picked up a new complete set of fixed Daniel Defense iron sights for $115!!! I also finally got an AR15 gun cleaning mat from Brittany Glaze <insert happy face> for those of you who know who she is. I meant to grab a couple more Pmags, there was a table that had Gen 2 windowed Pmags in several colors for $12.95. Cheap as I've seen them in a long time for the windowed version.

There are several other things I'm sure I needed so I may have to go back tomorrow  :woohoo:

Well, there was one item that caught my attention. It was a Walther CCP 9mm. My mouth has watered ever since I first

laid eyes on it some time back in a magazine. Having said thet, I also belong to the Walther forum, and most of the early reports

were awful. Poor workmanship, dirty, burrs, FTF, FTE, etc,. you get the idea. Lately tho, seems like later prod. runs have

improved. These folks are delighted with this gun. So........ I found a couple today from Speciality Arms, tried the trigger & slide. ALl worked good. Locked the shide to peek inside & it looked a biot dirty from the ship. greas, etc. but didn't see anything that didn't belong.

Dang, I get long-winded talking about a new gun, LOL.

So, if I can sell my Taurus PT709, I just may take one of those babies home. Just one more thing to gnaw away at me for awhile.

That's all I got to say about that........