So...Escape Chattanooga!

• Moderators

http://escapeexperiencechattanooga.com

My Wife and I, with two more friends, all went down to "Escape Chattanooga" tonight and gave "C-Block" a try. Man, let me tell you, it was so much harder than we thought it would be. We escaped with about 2 minutes left on the clock, having spent 58 escaping.

It isn't cheap but honestly it isn't too expensive either. For a birthday or something, I think it is totally a justifiable splurge. The level of detail in the setup was quite amazing, I was so surprised about halfway through it once we were pretty good into it.

I highly recommend giving it a try, we are super pumped and would love to give the other two "tests" a try soon. 

We went this past Spring and did the other one they had. Forget the name of it, but it was the Mad Scientist plot. It was a lot of fun, we had most of it figured out, but did not finish. Part of our problem was we had 8 people total in the room and it was chaos. Someone would figure out a clue but not share it with everyone.

I heard that there was one coming, or already in Knoxville.

• Moderators

We went this past Spring and did the other one they had. Forget the name of it, but it was the Mad Scientist plot. It was a lot of fun, we had most of it figured out, but did not finish. Part of our problem was we had 8 people total in the room and it was chaos. Someone would figure out a clue but not share it with everyone.

I heard that there was one coming, or already in Knoxville.

Yeah we decided 6 was probably really too many depending on who it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Moderators

We did the Vaccine at Escape Chattanooga. It was difficult but a lot of fun.

It's decent money ($28 a person and I'm paying for two) but it is also a lot of fun. I hope to be able to go do the Vaccine and the Inheritance in the coming weeks/months. If you haven't done "C-Block", it was good but I have nothing to compare it to.

• Moderators

So how do these work? I've always wondered that.

C-Block. They handcuffed us all together arm to arm. Stuck us in a quite realistic "cell" and then locked the door. It's really locked. Of course for legal reasons there is a "panic button" that will unlock the door, but there is a legitimate way out. The premise is that you were locked away but innocent. Someone knows you are innocent so a guard is helping you escape. Had you transferred to this cell where it is setup just right for you to escape. You have an hour. It took us 58 minutes or more. Barely made it.

Clues, puzzles, math, searching (looking for  hidden things), as well as just common sense about working together and stuff.

i think everyone should give it a go once. the detail and amount of items setup was surprising. Each scenario requires different skills.

http://escapeexperiencechattanooga.com/#scenarios

Edited by CZ9MM
  • Moderators

That sounds like something I would LOVE to do..I do these things on my kindle all the time as apps.. Do they have a "clue" button ? :stare:

Well...they watch you over cameras but the cameras have no sound. Thus they have given you a two-way radio. You can request up to 3 clues/hints and them not count against your "total time" for beating the best time. If you don't care about beating the best time or if you have already passed the best time, you can request as many as you want.

We probably did 4 hints.

The friends we went tot he Chattanooga Escape with, told us yesterday they went to the Knoxville one recently. They said it was fun, but not quite the production of the Chattanooga one. Maybe over time it will get better. Still they said they would go to the Knoxville one again when they update to new scenarios.