The worst deal

Guest Rugerman

Guest Rugerman
Here in Memphis, we have a local gunshop that is known for it's high prices and not too overly friendly staff. The last tiem I was in there, they had a Sig P6 import, in not too good condition for $479. I laughed my way out the door as I had just bought one online, delivered and OTD for $300.

I've seen them on LSN for just as much if not more, very recently.

"What we have here is a Sig P6, RARE GUN, holster wear, one mag, $475. This is a great deal, you can't find these anymore"

Huh?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At a gun show on a table littered with what I could only describe as scrap metal I saw an FIE Hombre frame it looked like it might have been tied to the rear of an across country bus for a few trips but you could still make out the FIE mark on it. I thought it might make a good paperweight, as I could use it to explain what an awesome company FIE was & how no gun collection could be complete without one – LOL. I was fully prepared to go upwards of $1.98 for this prize but the shrewd businessman manning the table knew what a prize he had as he exclaimed $25.00 & not one penny less. Alas my papers go un-weighted to this day.

Guest Jcochran88

local Dickson pawn shop has all guns @ 50-100 above most list prices for used and want budge on anything.

guess that is why for the last couple of months they have had the same inventory!!

local Dickson pawn shop has all guns @ 50-100 above most list prices for used and want budge on anything.

guess that is why for the last couple of months they have had the same inventory!!

Lol if you cant make a markup in todays times you never will lol.....Now wont they get a president that will start a rumor about banning cars :):P

Guest coldblackwind

Hmmm, I had a guy try to trade me a browning hi power (retail new at the time, $450), for a $1500 motorcycle. I laughed at him, and he got insulted and told me that gun cost him $850, I told him he got screwed.

A certain gunshop in murfreesboro, a couple weeks ago, had a mossberg 590 for $675. My friend picked one up at the smyrna show a week or two earlier for $215!

Guest emsputz
What is the absolute worst deal you have ever seen on a gun advertised in the classifieds (or gunshop, gunshow). This is prompted by an ad I saw on golsn today that wanted WAYYYYYY too much money for a $275 gun (listed for more than double). I will wait to hear your responses and then tell you what the worst one I have seen is.

Is this the one you are referring to?

http://www.golsn.com/listings/outdoor_adventure/firearms/618552.html

If it is, this guy is an idiot!

Guest canynracer
Here in Memphis, we have a local gunshop that is known for it's high prices and not too overly friendly staff. The last tiem I was in there, they had a Sig P6 import, in not too good condition for $479. I laughed my way out the door as I had just bought one online, delivered and OTD for $300.

I like the "pet names" people come up for them...

I used the big store to hold the guns, then buy at my local range.

Guest Rugerman

Chump change. I mean....errrr....that's absurd!

There has been an ad on GoLSN for a Ruger P85 from the late 80s. It continues to bounce back and forth from 415-500 dollars, FIRM of course.

Listen, I love Rugers just as much as the next guy, but a P series just isn't worth it, especially one with known issues like the P85.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest billwilly73

CHECK OUT THIS PRICE!!!!!

http://www.golsn.com/listings/outdoor_adventure/firearms/rifles-shotguns/645108.html

details

Ad Number645108Ad beganDecember 10, 2008 11:44 am CSTEnds onJanuary 9, 2009price$1,500

contact info

UsernamehottieAddressn/aCitylebanonStateTNZip37087Phone 1(615) 286-1499Phone 2(615) 973-8247emailContact Seller

Important safety warning!

Avoid fraud by meeting sellers in person. read safety tips

Ad No. 645108

9mm assault rifle

{message_result}

description

hi point mod 995 9mm assault rifle

back.gif

2745425.jpg

Guest 153blue
CHECK OUT THIS PRICE!!!!!

http://www.golsn.com/listings/outdoor_adventure/firearms/rifles-shotguns/645108.html

details

Ad Number645108Ad beganDecember 10, 2008 11:44 am CSTEnds onJanuary 9, 2009price$1,500

contact info

UsernamehottieAddressn/aCitylebanonStateTNZip37087Phone 1(615) 286-1499Phone 2(615) 973-8247emailContact Seller

Important safety warning!

Avoid fraud by meeting sellers in person. read safety tips

Ad No. 645108

9mm assault rifle

{message_result}

description

hi point mod 995 9mm assault rifle

back.gif

2745425.jpg

:hat: i'd like to watch and see what kind of sucker falls for that one. then if you could please give their number to me so they can spend some money this way. ;)