What To Do In Nashville?

analog_kidd

That's both expensive and going to be all jammed up getting in. The police do a really good job getting people out, but it sucks getting in. It's convenient if you don't like to walk, though.

Whenever I go, I ALWAYS park at the Library garage. It's the cheapest in town ($8 all day on weekends) and in a good location. It's #85 on this map: http://www.parkitdowntown.com/maps/interactive-map

is the Library ever free?  I thought there was times when it was free to park.  Maybe I'm mis-remembering :D

The library front desk will validate parking, but it's only for (I think) 2 hours.

All street parking meters (if you can find any) are free after 6pm M-Sat, and all day Sunday.

All parking operated by the city or state (meters and certain garages including the library and the Music City Center) are free to anyone with handicap plates or a placard, 24x7. That's state law. For meters, just park there with your plates or placard. No need to pay, you won't get a ticket. The meter maids will see your plates or placard and skip right on by. For the garages with an attendant (like the library) you'll write your name and plate/placard number on the back of the parking ticket you got when you entered. Hand it to the attendant and tell them you have disabled plates. They'll let you out. I'm not sure how it works at the unattended lots like the Music City Center. Payments there are all done by a kiosk.

Edited by monkeylizard

If you want a place to walk around with the Mrs., you could go to Opryland Hotel. I usually recommend it for out of town folks because it's not everyday you see a hotel that size. Plenty of walkways to get lost in the indoor gardens.

I don't suggest the mall next door however, unless you go to bass pro.. just don't buy anything since it's overpriced :)

If you're going to be around during a weekday. get to Gabby's by 10:50am (yes, 10:50.. don't show up there at 11-12,and expect to get a seat) and have arguably the best hamburger in town.

• Like 1

If you want a place to walk around with the Mrs., you could go to Opryland Hotel. I usually recommend it for out of town folks because it's not everyday you see a hotel that size. Plenty of walkways to get lost in the indoor gardens.

I don't suggest the mall next door however, unless you go to bass pro.. just don't buy anything since it's overpriced :)

If you're going to be around during a weekday. get to Gabby's by 10:50am (yes, 10:50.. don't show up there at 11-12,and expect to get a seat) and have arguably the best hamburger in town.

Only hotel I've ridden a boat through! :cool: