They've lost their minds at Dick's....

Guest HexHead

Guest HexHead

Stopped by there Saturday to pick up some 9mm. Of course they were out of the Remington UMC they have on sale for $8.98 in 10 box lots.

They did have WWB and American Eagle for $19.98 / 50 round box.

WTF????

Went over to Wally World and got some Blazer Brass for $8.57/ 50.

Edited by HexHead
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

be careful with the black friday add at dicks. usually it says buy a box of ammo get a box 50% off. its a con! even with one box at 50% off you are still paying more than the regular wal-mart price.

i got screwed on this deal once and i swore to myself i would inform others about it.

a few years ago dicks did have a good deal on shot shells but that's long gone!

Guest pjblurton

I went to Dick's 2 weeks ago and they had that American somethingorother (not American Eagle) brand in a red, white and blue box. 250 rounds of .40 for $59.95. They were freakin' reloads with soft lead bullets not FMJ. They looked nasty...

I got the 100 count WWB at Bass Pro Shops for $22 and change instead... Thats $55 per 250 and first run FMJ's...

I went to Dick's 2 weeks ago and they had that American somethingorother (not American Eagle) brand in a red, white and blue box. 250 rounds of .40 for $59.95. They were freakin' reloads with soft lead bullets not FMJ. They looked nasty...

I got the 100 count WWB at Bass Pro Shops for $22 and change instead... Thats $55 per 250 and first run FMJ's...

That would be the Ultramax ammo...stay away from it like the plague.

Stopped by there Saturday to pick up some 9mm. Of course they were out of the Remington UMC they have on sale for $8.98 in 10 box lots.

They did have WWB and American Eagle for $19.98 / 50 round box.

WTF????

Went over to Wally World and got some Blazer Brass for $8.57/ 50.

I got raincheck call for the 1.99 buckshot, so went by Dick's Friday to get that, and yeah, noticed that American Eagle price, wow. Dick's ammo prices seem to be set by some sort of "throw at the dartboard" system.

However, I also went by Wally's and paid 8.97 for Blazer Brass, .40 increase. Plus the .10 ammo fee that nobody else shows as a separate charge.

- OS

Wasn't that ammo thought to be a possible cause of many K'booms at one point?

Guest pjblurton

No doubt! I have never heard of it but when I opened the box to check them out, they looked like crap. There was no way in hell I was going to shoot these things...

Never heard any Ka'Boom theories, but I wouldn't doubt it...

Edited by pjblurton
yep, they fixed it, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. I'm not the first or last to have UM blow up a gun. Just glad I wasn't hurt bad.

Yeah, I agree, should'nt have happened at all. It's cool they fixed it, but it's even cooler than you didn't need your face fixed!

I'm glad to hear this now, so as when my Del-Ton kit arrives in the year 2025, I'll know to steer clear of Ultramax.

It might be American Ammunition (AMERC).

AMERC is total crap ammo. Much of their ammo is way out of spec, and I have seen many, many, many complaints about it. Ultramax looks like Black Hills compared to AMERC. Stay away! Far away!

Edited by Reservoir Dog
Guest pjblurton
i wont buy anything else from the dick's in chattanooga the staff there has no idea what they are selling .

I hear ya! The sales droid at Dick's told me I needed a shotgun for home protection. He said I could hold a 12ga at my hip, aim in the neighborhood of the assailant and pull the trigger. I would spray buckshot from floor to ceiling! WOW!

I then asked him if he had ever shot a shotgun before and he spouted his credentials of being a retired police officer.

I had to break the news to him that every shotgun I've ever shot patterned 12" or less at 15 yards so all mine must be defective...

Guest pjblurton
Actually, I think the red, white, and blue boxes are American Ammunition (AMERC).

AMERC is total crap ammo. Much of their ammo is way out of spec, and I have seen many, many, many complaints about it. Ultramax looks like Black Hills compared to AMERC. Stay away! Far away!

Yeah, AMERC looks more like what they had. Really ****ty...

Yeah, AMERC looks more like what they had. Really ****ty...

No, it's UltraMax, been periodically keeping it in 9mm and .38.

Had some .38 left at Knoxville Dick's just the other day. They package in a couple of different "USA red/white/blue" boxes.

I almost bought some of the lead round nose 9mm several weeks ago, just because of wanting to safely shoot a metal target I got hold of, but didn't...

- OS

I hear ya! The sales droid at Dick's told me I needed a shotgun for home protection. He said I could hold a 12ga at my hip, aim in the neighborhood of the assailant and pull the trigger. I would spray buckshot from floor to ceiling! WOW!

I then asked him if he had ever shot a shotgun before and he spouted his credentials of being a retired police officer.

I had to break the news to him that every shotgun I've ever shot patterned 12" or less at 15 yards so all mine must be defective...

haahahahahahaha

here's another bunghole who thinks you don't have to aim a shotgun... Nice!:dirty:;)

now my thunder5? nah..aim in the general direction..but then again, it's got a 2" barrel and shoots .410 or 45LC.

any 12 gauge that I know of needs to be aimed...and if you actually LIKE your arms, you might want to try NOT hipshooting.

It might be American Ammunition (AMERC).

AMERC is crap. We have gone as far as to ban its use on our range. Too many KBs!