Police Shoots Unarmed Teen

Fitty%

I posted "tread lightly" as s reminder to EVERYONE that this will not turn into another "all cops are bad" thread.

I think by this time we all know where everyone stands on LE.

And I do not care how badly these kids screwed up it is still pretty sad that they lost their lives. And over what would have amounted to a ticket. Everyone involved could have reacted better.

I blame EVERYONE involved, the kids and the cops, for the outcome. Yeah the kids could have acted better but so could the cops in both videos.

I can say, without a doubt, before I attempted to extract ANYONE, especially an argumentative teenager, I would have waited for another officer. Backup was less than a minute away and the kid was not posing a threat while engaged in videoing the officer. The kid wears the brunt of the responsibility for his death but I also know that kids do stupid things because they lack maturity or the wisdom that comes with age.

Also, if the officer knew people were flashing him over the lights on the new patrol car why even bother with a traffic stop? That is the single biggest problem I have. Almost like the officer was using the lights, intentionally or not, as a reason for a stop that I believe should have never happened. Yes, if that was the first car to flash then yeah pull them over but the officer already knew the reason why the kid flashed him and used that as probable cause to stop the kid. I think that will play a major role in all of this.

The officer should not be charged criminally but he should never be in any position of authority again. You could definitely see him getting upset and it was his emotions, not an actual threat, that prompted him to arrest the kid before backup arrived.

I would have just stood there and let the kid continue to video me until backup arrived. You can never have enough witnesses.
  • Like 3

Fitty, I was not saying you were bashing LEOs, as others have said, these threads turn bad sometimes.

There are threads on here that have been locked because things went to bashing, some fast, some went for days.

I do like the video, you are getting good at making them.

• Like 1

I thought this was one of the best video's of yours I have seen.    :hat:  (loved the General Lee bit)

I see nothing bashing LEO here.  Nothing less than an assessment I agree with in these two cases.  Kid #1, dumbass,  Kid #2 did not try to run the cop over.

Dolomite is his own man, I take his 'tread lightly" comment as advice only.   :shrug:  Cop threads here can die a bloody death, to use a poorly played pun.    :shhh:

I like that you want to do a political video channel. By political I assumed it would be about elected officials not roadside stops or drug stings. It won't end well here if your political channel is cop themed. I am not a defender of the police. I am no enemy of the police.  But threads here about LEO while well intentioned have a tendency to violate TOS as some point. Not that the OP violates it but surely someone will come along and run their mouth (fingers) and end the thread.

I think you have better topics we would like to watch than roadside stops.   :2cents:

Oh its not just going to be about roadside stops...lol  I had the Idea to start it to cover the 2016 Presidential election and the news and world/local current events. 

I want to buy your dad a beer. His expression when you drove the dodge home made me laugh and giggle. Fitty you earned my respect when I started following you on FB, your videos, your service and your sacrifice. Now that I know more about your dad he has earned a great amount of respect from me due to his service.

I'll tell him that....Im probably going to be doing videos with him.

I posted "tread lightly" as s reminder to EVERYONE that this will not turn into another "all cops are bad" thread.

I think by this time we all know where everyone stands on LE.

And I do not care how badly these kids screwed up it is still pretty sad that they lost their lives. And over what would have amounted to a ticket. Everyone involved could have reacted better.

I blame EVERYONE involved, the kids and the cops, for the outcome. Yeah the kids could have acted better but so could the cops in both videos.

I can say, without a doubt, before I attempted to extract ANYONE, especially an argumentative teenager, I would have waited for another officer. Backup was less than a minute away and the kid was not posing a threat while engaged in videoing the officer. The kid wears the brunt of the responsibility for his death but I also know that kids do stupid things because they lack maturity or the wisdom that comes with age.

Also, if the officer knew people were flashing him over the lights on the new patrol car why even bother with a traffic stop? That is the single biggest problem I have. Almost like the officer was using the lights, intentionally or not, as a reason for a stop that I believe should have never happened. Yes, if that was the first car to flash then yeah pull them over but the officer already knew the reason why the kid flashed him and used that as probable cause to stop the kid. I think that will play a major role in all of this.

The officer should not be charged criminally but he should never be in any position of authority again. You could definitely see him getting upset and it was his emotions, not an actual threat, that prompted him to arrest the kid before backup arrived.

I would have just stood there and let the kid continue to video me until backup arrived. You can never have enough witnesses.

Good views sir...and please don't think I was "offended" or anything lol

• Like 1

From what you've told us about him and the fact that he clearly has a healthy sense of humor like yourself (see General Lee video), I'm looking forward to seeing videos that include your dad.

As far as this video goes, you mirrored my reaction to both videos almost 100%. I would only add that in attempting to stop the criminal in the second vdeo, any claim that he was in danger of being run over was due to HIMSELF attempting to step in front of the fleeing vehicle. I'm of the opinion that there are millions of interactions between LEOs and civilians daily and that only a VERY small handful include the officer doing anything wrong. The number that make the news represent such a statistically insignificant proportion of those interactions that drawing a conclusion about cops from those news articles is willfully ignorant and dangerous to the public good. 

• Like 1

I'm of the opinion that there are millions of interactions between LEOs and civilians daily and that only a VERY small handful include the officer doing anything wrong. The number that make the news represent such a statistically insignificant proportion of those interactions that drawing a conclusion about cops from those news articles is willfully ignorant and dangerous to the public good. 

I have that same opinion bud!

• Like 1
Good video!

I love good cops, Kings to each and every one of em. Hate bad cops, I'll laugh when they get their comeuppance.
No one should be immune to being called out for wrong doing. Pope or skid row bum. Cops get to be a touchy subject because of people's ignorant propensity for making blanket statements. Anytime we scrutinize a cops actions, we should be mindful to focus on the officer in question, not the rest of our uniformed men and women.

Nice work Fitty.
  • Like 1

I have great respect for all LEO's and I would not bash any LEO for doing his job with a cool head and good judgment, which the large majority of LEO's are good people that want to do the right thing. Looking at these videos I did come to the conclusion that the Kid was very much a smart ass wanting to make a video so he could brag to his buddies and did share the fault, but the LEO fired his weapon purely out of anger due to the fact that he shot an unarmed teen 7 times.....Ridiculous if you ask me. The second one had no right to fire. The car was already past him and he knew he was not in danger.

I would like to commend the Hamilton County Sheriffs Office for something that happened recently in Soddy Daisy. They found a trailer that had been stolen and the thief drove by while they were there. He ran and after chasing him a short distance, they broke off the chase because of the driver's speed and recklessness. They found him a short time later at a friends house and took him into custody without incident. THAT'S something they should all be proud of.

• Like 2

Good video!

I love good cops, Kings to each and every one of em. Hate bad cops, I'll laugh when they get their comeuppance.
No one should be immune to being called out for wrong doing. Pope or skid row bum. Cops get to be a touchy subject because of people's ignorant propensity for making blanket statements. Anytime we scrutinize a cops actions, we should be mindful to focus on the officer in question, not the rest of our uniformed men and women.

Nice work Fitty.

Thanks bud!

I have great respect for all LEO's and I would not bash any LEO for doing his job with a cool head and good judgment, which the large majority of LEO's are good people that want to do the right thing. Looking at these videos I did come to the conclusion that the Kid was very much a smart ass wanting to make a video so he could brag to his buddies and did share the fault, but the LEO fired his weapon purely out of anger due to the fact that he shot an unarmed teen 7 times.....Ridiculous if you ask me. The second one had no right to fire. The car was already past him and he knew he was not in danger.

I would like to commend the Hamilton County Sheriffs Office for something that happened recently in Soddy Daisy. They found a trailer that had been stolen and the thief drove by while they were there. He ran and after chasing him a short distance, they broke off the chase because of the driver's speed and recklessness. They found him a short time later at a friends house and took him into custody without incident. THAT'S something they should all be proud of.

Agreed!