ObamaCare Rate Increase

NextExit

I pay $250 a month for Blue Cross Blue Shield Partnership PPO. With dental and eye, it's over $300 total per month.

The crazy part is I looked up how much my employer pays of the HCI plan and it was over $1,100.00 a month.

And I have no kids! :stare: 

47 minutes ago, bud said:

Unfortunately, there is no one to lead the rebellion. Ayn was right about most everything, except that there is no John Galt. And there is no where to run.

who is john galt?

I kept hearing OC will affect everyone whether you have INS or not. I found out through losing my doctor's to rate increases that it was true. I continually hear and see more of its disastrous effects.

One candidate fought and campaigned on repealing it completely.

Apparently it's not that serious of an issue any more to the vast majority because he, Ted Cruz apparently scared too many voters to earn their support.

My guess is that we are now stuck with it, just another entitlement we will be paying for till we die.

We had an opportunity and ignored it...and dont fool yourself into thinking that Trump will fix it.

I am John Galt, and I refuse to buy their insurance and will not pay their penalty.

“Do not let the hero in your soul parish, in lonely frustration, for the life you deserved but never have been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won. It exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours.”

• Like 1
7 hours ago, btq96r said:

So, you aren't going to file a tax return?

If you don't have HCI, don't over pay on your taxes because the only means they have to collect is through over paid tax returns.

Plus, our state legislature passed the TN Healthcare Freedom Act which exempts us from the Affordable Healthcare Act if we choose not to participate. Just don't do your taxes at a place like H&R Block because when I presented the law, the lady ignored it and keyed in a fine anyway. Needless to say, I won't be going back.

It is declared that the public policy of this state, consistent with our constitutionally recognized and inalienable right of liberty, is that every person within this state is and shall be free to choose or to decline to choose any mode of securing health care services without penalty or threat of penalty.

It is declared that the public policy of this state, consistent with our constitutionally recognized and inalienable right of liberty, is that every person within this state has the right to purchase health insurance or to refuse to purchase health insurance. The government may not interfere with a citizen’s right to purchase health insurance or with a citizen’s right to refuse to purchase health insurance. The government may not enact a law that would restrict these rights or that would impose a form of punishment for exercising either of these rights. Any law to the contrary shall be void ab initio. https://static.votesmart.org/static/billtext/33892.pdf

https://votesmart.org/bill/12874/33891/tennessee-health-care-freedom-act#.V11WA4CDmK0

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If you don't have HCI, don't over pay on your taxes because the only means they have to collect is through over paid tax returns.

Plus, our state legislature passed the TN Healthcare Freedom Act which exempts us from the Affordable Healthcare Act if we choose not to participate. Just don't do your taxes at a place like H&R Block because when I presented the law, the lady ignored it and keyed in a fine anyway. Needless to say, I won't be going back.

https://votesmart.org/bill/12874/33891/tennessee-health-care-freedom-act#.V11WA4CDmK0

So instead of H&R Block, hire a CPA?  Does Turbo Tax also impose a fine?

When I went to Jackson Hewitt, there were 2 months that I didn't have a "qualifying plan."  They said the penalty was $55 for each month.  I said thanks for the info... I'm tempted to cancel my insurance and save $340/month.  I'll put that in savings.  When something happens, I'll buy the insurance (pre-existing conditions can't be turned down) and I'll have enough $$ for the ridiculous deductible.  Or buy a non-qualifying plan.  They're real cheap and still pocket the savings.   The lady doing my taxes just looked at me and smiled. 

2 hours ago, NextExit said:

So instead of H&R Block, hire a CPA?  Does Turbo Tax also impose a fine?

When I went to Jackson Hewitt, there were 2 months that I didn't have a "qualifying plan."  They said the penalty was $55 for each month.  I said thanks for the info... I'm tempted to cancel my insurance and save $340/month.  I'll put that in savings.  When something happens, I'll buy the insurance (pre-existing conditions can't be turned down) and I'll have enough $$ for the ridiculous deductible.  Or buy a non-qualifying plan.  They're real cheap and still pocket the savings.   The lady doing my taxes just looked at me and smiled. 

I can't answer those questions, but I will say this.

From my reading, the fine goes up every year until it reaches the price of a bronze plan, or 2.5% of your gross income I believe. 

The annual fee for not having insurance in 2016 is $695 per adult and $347.50 per child (up to $2,085 for a family), or it’s 2.5% of your household income above the tax return filing threshold for your filing status – whichever is greater. You’ll pay 1/12 of the total fee for each full month in which a family member went without coverage or an exemption. 

2017 = Tax Penalty will increase by the rate of inflation going forward | or 2.5% of your household income that is above the tax return filing threshold for your filing status (whichever is greater)

http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacare-individual-mandate/ 

cache_4209973423.jpg

Edited by JohnC
7 hours ago, JohnC said:

That law was passed in 2011, a year before SCOTUS held the enforcement of Obamacare was constitutional as a tax.  It was a PR stunt then, and nothing more five years later.  Good luck if you think the state of Tennessee is going to intercede on your behalf against the feds. 

People can lower their tax withholding as much as they like, the IRS will have your file open and waiting with penalties as allowed by law.  Time will catch up sooner or later.

3 minutes ago, btq96r said:

That law was passed in 2011, a year before SCOTUS held the enforcement of Obamacare was constitutional as a tax.  It was a PR stunt then, and nothing more five years later.  Good luck if you think the state of Tennessee is going to intercede on your behalf against the feds. 

People can lower their tax withholding as much as they like, the IRS will have your file open and waiting with penalties as allowed by law.  Time will catch up sooner or later.

I'm not one bit scared. :) 

Just now, JohnC said:

I'm not one bit scared. :) 

Having been through an IRS audit, I would at least be concerned.  Their ability to ruin someone's financial life is astounding.

Here's hoping for you, though.

2 minutes ago, btq96r said:

Having been through an IRS audit, I would at least be concerned.  Their ability to ruin someone's financial life is astounding.

Here's hoping for you, though.

They fined me becaus I lost healthcare insurance a few months when changing jobs. 

They already robbed my tax return because of a misfortune I had no control over. Most employers don't insure you from day 1 you know.

But from this point forward and because of that, I will NEVER over pay on my taxes again. They'll never get that opportunity again should it ever happen again.

Thats what I'm saying. 

I don't mind paying my taxes. But I do mind being fined just because I lost coverage, etc., due to no fault of my own other than a job change.

That's what will eventually get this law changed or fully repealed in the end because people are not going to like seeing their tax refund ate up in fines.

Just now, JohnC said:

That's what will eventually get this law changed or fully repealed in the end because people are not going to like seeing their tax refund ate up in fines.

They set it up so that's not much of a possibility.  The subsidies for those who qualify ( $11,770-$47,080 for an individual, more for family) are set to keep too many people from getting to the pitchforks and torches phase, plus the state Medicaid expansion absorbs the shock for other low income people in states that took it.  Factor in how not nearly enough people look at their tax returns as an overdue payback without interest on a loan the government forced them to make via paycheck withholding, but rather as a nice bonus (mostly from the child tax credit), and you have an apathetic population asking what's on TV tonight rather than thinking about this stuff.

when dropped by BCBS due to obamacare and then discovering a comparable exchange policy was going to be $1400/month for my family I choose to enroll in Medishare a Christian medical sharing coop. My "premium" is less than I was paying, and could be even less if I wanted a higher deductible, and since the program has been in place for sometime prior to obammy care it has been grandfathered in and I am exempt from the tax penalty. There's more than one way to skin a cat. 

• Like 1

Before the dens passed the bill, those that actually read it realized that the intent was to destroy private care. As well as other things. 

Nobody should be surprised unless they get their information from the liberal media. 

The high costs are just an added bonus (crony capitalism) for the supporters until the house of cards crumbles. 

The pain and suffering of the people does not matter. The ends justifies the means. 

Libs are truly evil!!!!!

http://www.naturalnews.com/042828_Obamacare_private_health_insurance_single-payer_system.html

Edited by Ugly
Added link
  • Like 1