Background check

I'm trying to get an Hcl, and have done everything through the background check. A week ago I received a letter saying they don't have a disposition for an arrest from 2010 in az. I picked up hitchhikers that turned out to be illegals, got stopped by bp, arrested, and released without charge.
I tried calling the courthouse in that district, and they had no record of it, and the cbp office I called said to submit a foia request. Any other way around this? Or should I just get an attorney?
I contacted the border patrol office and spoke to one of their attorneys, and he told me to file foia, and gave me the az supreme ct case lookup site. There was no record on the website, so I called, and the local court, which is where any legal action would have taken place, had no record either.
I was released as soon as they realized that I had no clue about the hitchhiker. I think that's the problem. I was released with a verbal "You shouldn't pick up hitchhikers any more." No prosecution, arraignment, nothing. Edited by Sweetmadness
I don't see the problem. I'd prefer that foreigners post from their foreign lands rather than come here and clog our roads with their ####ty driving and buy our land at ridonculous prices and drive up our "property taxes".

Am I missing something? Edited by Clod Stomper
  • Like 1

I don't see the problem. I'd prefer that foreigners post from their foreign lands rather than come here and clog our roads with their ####ty driving and buy our land at ridonculous prices and drive up our "property taxes".

Am I missing something?

Perhaps the "Moving from Ca to Tn" in his profile?

- OS

• Like 1

Am I missing something?

So as long as they stay in their own state your ok when them though?  "I recently spent three weeks working in Northern Cal (Redding).  I must say, the people there reminded me of the "gun culture" in this state.  They are some of the most freedom-loving and gun-loving people I have met."

• Like 1

Well, all I can say is someone has to have a record of it if it is showing up when you apply for hand gun carry permit............. :shrug: :shrug:

I know someone has a record of it, it's just a matter of whose red tape head is in whose bureaucratic keister. That's the question. Another is should I get a lawyer to just get this done?
If you are trying to get an HCP here and the county clerk (or the equivalent) in the country where you were arrested says they don’t have anything; I would call the TBI and see what they tell you.

Obviously you were arrested, apparently you were not charged. I would guess your problem is that arrest records were sent to the Feds, but “Dismissed” was never sent. No one gets rid of arrest records; especially one that is only five years old, I don’t think you have talked to the proper person there. FOIA isn’t going to do you any good; you need someone that can do follow-up.

If the TBI can’t tell you what agency is reporting; I would try this next.

If you are requesting a copy, want to challenge, or are just checking on the status of a request regarding an Identity History Summary Check, please contact the FBI’s Criminal Justice Services Division (CJIS), Clarksburg, West Virginia at 304-625-5590 or 2000.

(Note: Please do not submit a Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Request to the FBI’s Record/Information Dissemination Section (RIDS) if you are requesting an Identity History Summary Check. Access the CJIS link below and follow the instructions to request an Identity History Summary Check.)

An Identity History Summary Check—often referred to as a criminal history record, a police background clearance, police/good conduct certificate, or a “rap sheet”—is a listing of certain information taken from fingerprint submissions retained by the FBI in connection with arrests and, in some instances, federal employment, naturalization, or military service. It can also be used to satisfy a requirement to live, work, or travel in a foreign country, for employment or licensing within the U.S., or adopting a child in the U.S. or internationally. It may relate to a denial of a firearms purchase. The process of responding to an Identity History Summary Check is generally known as a criminal background check.

Requesters may access the application instructions and necessary forms at http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks. When writing to CJIS please use the following address:

FBI CJIS Division – Summary Request
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, WV 26306
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/submitting-an-identity-history-summary-request-to-the-fbi

• Like 2

So as long as they stay in their own state your ok when them though? "I recently spent three weeks working in Northern Cal (Redding). I must say, the people there reminded me of the "gun culture" in this state. They are some of the most freedom-loving and gun-loving people I have met."

Yep. You got it.
OK, OK. Mea culpa. I posted in haste late at night. Gotta try not to do that.

Come one, come all! Everybody come to our beautiful state!

Is that better? :)

OK, sorry. Now I'm just being an arse. I do welcome some outsiders and wish that some natives would move to mexico. Including some relatives.

Come to think of it, I've met some really good people in AZ. OP, don't mind me. I hope you get your situation straightened out.

I would think that since it was the Border Patrol that picked you up, you'd need to contact the federal court house in that area. If that doesn't help, then hire a lawyer.

It might help to know that you don't need a hcp to carry in your vehicle here. Unlike AZ, we cannot carry open without a permit. Yet.

But it does beat the stuffing out of CA. Edited by Clod Stomper
  • Like 1