Bit the bullet on a Sig Legion

mhl6493

Couldn't resist any longer.  Did a lot of reading and research on the internet, asked about it on the forum here, found a Sig p226 Legion at a local gun store at a very competitive price (still higher than any other gun I've EVER bought - thankfully got some gun funds for Christmas), and pulled the trigger this afternoon.  If it shoots as good as I think it looks and feels, I'll be very, very satisfied.  

SIG%20P226_zpsn22yxovm.jpg

• Like 9

Congratulations.  I have a Sig 226 SAO that is one of my very favorite guns.  Also, there is more than marketing hype to the Legion.

Upgraded from a basic 226 are the SRT trigger, another new thing on the trigger, High quality ($100) grips, night sights plus other enhancements to the frame.

• Like 1

Congratulations.  I have a Sig 226 SAO that is one of my very favorite guns.  Also, there is more than marketing hype to the Legion.

Upgraded from a basic 226 are the SRT trigger, another new thing on the trigger, High quality ($100) grips, night sights plus other enhancements to the frame.

Thanks.  It really is a nice package.

The Signess bit me years ago, it stated in the early 90s with P229, then it grew to the P220 Carry, P226 Israeli West German service weapon, then a classic P228 West German and then I purchased a P6 West German.  I have not added to the signess in a while, but the envy pressure is mounting.   

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

The Signess bit me years ago, it stated in the early 90s with P229, then it grew to the P220 Carry, P226 Israeli West German service weapon, then a classic P228 West German and then I purchased a P6 West German.  I have not added to the signess in a while, but the envy pressure is mounting.   

I just added to my Signess.  224 Extreme in .40.  I really like the little guy.  Signess is seemingly incurable.  My next one will likely be the 220 Match Elite 10 mm SA/DA.  I am hooked on the SRT, and that one has it.  In fact, except for my 238, all of my Sigs have the SRT.  (238 of course has a 1911 style trigger.)

• Like 1

You will love the trigger on that, I sent my P220 a few years ago to Sig and had the same work done to it, it is a night and day difference,

Congrats that is a fine Pistol!

You're definitely right - the SA trigger is amazing!  And honestly, the DA ain't bad either...  

• 1 month later...
I was just gifted a legion 226SAO and the trigger is very impressive. I started with Sigs in the mid 90s when the 229 came out and that one has been super durable. The Legion package to me was more about the X-ray sights (Trijicon HD), the trigger parts, grips and the PVD finish. I wish I could get similar grips for my others, and we'll see how the finish wears.

Accuracy is tops. In my avatar thats 45 rounds at 10yds. OK 44 there is a stray hidden by the grip, but that's on me, not the gun.

The hype and marketing means nothing to me but the gun has substance Edited by Sidecarist
  • Like 1