Indoor WiFi Camera - Help Needed

I'm thinking about getting an indoor WiFi camera that I can set on my mantel or end table. I'd like to have the ability to view from my phone, and possibly record (off-camera) at least a days worth of footage. I'd like the footage to be in color, and IR isn't all that important.

Has anyone tried anything like this? Any suggestions? Edited by TripleDigitRide
I've got a couple funlux cameras and use the app meshare to view them from anywhere. They were easy to set up and both have microsd cards for storage. Play back can be done on the phone or computer. I think they are the same company as zsight.

Lots of mixed reviews with them, but I'm happy and considering buying a couple more to put outside as well.

I've got a couple funlux cameras and use the app meshare to view them from anywhere. They were easy to set up and both have microsd cards for storage. Play back can be done on the phone or computer. I think they are the same company as zsight.

Lots of mixed reviews with them, but I'm happy and considering buying a couple more to put outside as well.

I'll take a look at their offerings, but I'd rather the recording/storage be off-camera. Some sort of cloud storage. TGO David's suggestion offers $10/month storage, which would be pretty nice. Edited by TripleDigitRide

I'll take a look at their offerings, but I'd rather the recording/storage be off-camera. Some sort of cloud storage. TGO David's suggestion offers $10/month storage, which would be pretty nice.

I've not explored all the capabilities of these cameras. The meshare app does offer cloud storage and I believe you can record on a PC as well. I've never had the need to do so. It would be something worthy of some more research.

Nest is a great option, especially if you want to begin to connect your house to WiFi; thermostat, lights, garage door, cameras, etc...

I have the Ring Doorbell, it works nicely but you can't turn it on and just look around. They just set quietly until they see motion. When some people come to my front door they know it's a camera and will reach over it and knock. Motion detect has had them since they hit the porch though.

The links I put is for something I'm going to try in the next couple of weeks. It's not plug n play but seems simple enough and the system can operate several cameras. Something to research and play with and you can use cameras that run under a hundred bucks. HTH

Joe W.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tD4zhAkLZs (Watch all six)

https://www.youtube.com/user/tinycammonitor/videos?sort=da&view=0&flow=grid

http://portforward.com/

http://tinycammonitor.com/

http://highonandroid.com/android-apps/how-to-recycle-android-into-security-camera-liveview/

I really just need one camera that allows for live view and downloads video to the cloud. The image quality doesn't even have to be superb. Sadly, this is mainly to make sure my daughter is home alone when she's supposed to be.

+1
Thinking the same for my teenagers...I've seen too many parties in the neighborhood when parents were away.
I'll be exploring these suggestions.
This technology is moving fast. Quality cameras are becoming fairly cheap. The costs seem to be in selling subscriptions to the “cloud” or some storage area. Once applications address accessing wireless hard drives; the costs will be less. Some may already do it.

I really just need one camera that allows for live view and downloads video to the cloud. The image quality doesn't even have to be superb. Sadly, this is mainly to make sure my daughter is home alone when she's supposed to be. 

I installed an ICamera 1000 for the same reason, but don't have a cloud storage solution paired with it at the moment.  I use VLC to view remotely on my iPhone.  There are several local storage solutions that would allow you to have DVR functionality locally without the recurring cost of cloud storage.  You could also set those up to view history remotely if needed.  For me, I just wanted something cheap (25$) to view from remote.