Glocktalk.com down?

Pntblnk

Okay folks! Here's the Update on the website directly from Carbon Media! John, we found out about it early on Sat morning and have been working on it since. It is out of the ordinary, but too early to definitively say was an attack on the site. We have now isolated the issue to a specific area and think we should be able to resolve it tomorrow. Those are the updates I have as of right now. We wanted to e-mail all of the users, but unfortunately that could have made matters worse based on the tech issues. Hope this helps, and I can assure you we are working diligently to get things back up and running. Our team will be able to elaborate more on the boards once everything is resolved. - CMG CEO..."

Okay folks! Here's the Update on the website directly from Carbon Media! John, we found out about it early on Sat morning and have been working on it since. It is out of the ordinary, but too early to definitively say was an attack on the site. We have now isolated the issue to a specific area and think we should be able to resolve it tomorrow. Those are the updates I have as of right now. We wanted to e-mail all of the users, but unfortunately that could have made matters worse based on the tech issues. Hope this helps, and I can assure you we are working diligently to get things back up and running. Our team will be able to elaborate more on the boards once everything is resolved. - CMG CEO..."

Thanks for the update.  

Bad form. Google is your friend.

At the time of my OP there was nothing on Google or Bing and the most recent hit for GT being down was 2013.  Figured there would be some fellow GT'ers around here that could confirm there was an issue.  

• Administrator

Since they changed the format about a year ago I do not enjoy it. I get aggravated with trying to post. It sucks that they got hacked though.

What part do you dislike about the new format?   They run a software package (XenForo) that I have owned a few copies of for several years now and have been tempted to switch us to on more than one occasion.

• Like 1

What part do you dislike about the new format? They run a software package (XenForo) that I have owned a few copies of for several years now and have been tempted to switch us to on more than one occasion.

It's very difficult to quote, and I have never been able to copy and paste. I have heard a few others talking about it as well. It is difficult to find someone's location; you have to dig deep into their profile to see a location. Maybe it is just not Apple friendly; all my tech gadgets are Apple and Mac. Edited by Patton
  • Like 1
  • Administrator

It's very difficult to quote, and I have never been able to copy and paste. I have heard a few others talking about it as well. It is difficult to find someone's location; you have to dig deep into their profile to see a location. Maybe it is just not Apple friendly; all my tech gadgets are Apple and Mac.

Ah ok.  I think the location thing can be fixed easily and is due to whatever "skin" they are using for the overall look and feel of the site.  Not sure about the quoting issue, though.

I'm mostly on all Apple and Mac stuff at home now too but haven't had quoting problems over there, but that could be attributed to familiarity with the software.  It's very similar to the old vBulletin software that we used to run here, and can feel a little antiquated in some respects.

• Like 1

Overall IMHO the principle feeling I get from the GT site and its formating is its overly cluttered with advertising and attitudes. The advertising, while necessary for operating capital, comes across as excessive clutter getting in the way and slowing things down. As to the attitude...well thats an institutional mindset in a lot of ways...and why I avoid some firearms forums I used to enjoy visiting.

Adblocker is your friend!

I do not care for the new format mainly because on some new posts it takes me to very near the last post instead of to the first post or first unread.

I think there is a certain setting where you choose where you begin in a thread, if I'm not mistaken.