What guns should we buy today?

ballz71

I would say just to make sure you like the weapon BEFORE you buy it.  I wish I had half the money back that I have spent on "Great Deal" guns, (some of them very  nice and some of them CRAP) that I later decided I did not like--for as many different reasons as there is # of possible options of actions, features, lack of safeties, presence of safeties, grip size, modular grips, Gen 1, 2, 3, 4, series 70, 80, tight tolerances, loose tolerances, and calibers du jour.  And don't even get me started on how many holsters I have purchased.  What have I learned?  Don't buy guns JUST because they are great deals.  Also, (just my opinion) there is a reason that people who are smart enough to have accumulated $1000+ to spend on a weapon, would SPEND $1,000+ on a weapon.  With weapons, as with many things in life, you frequently get what you pay for.  And although I try to not hate, I HATE Taurus.  And for some reason, although I don't HATE them, I kind of dislike Kimber, too.

Edited by ma6907

This custom pocket .380 from Luger I just ordered might be a good investment. Kentucky Gun Co. just got a thousand in the other day but I don't expect them to last long. They are priced for $359ish at Academy and are out of stock just about everywhere else. My buddy works at the Academy in collierville and he says he gets inquiries all the time about them but doesn't have any in stock at his store either. Might be one of those "shoulda bought when I had the chance?" 

I mainly wanted to chime in because the price KGco has them for $219

https://www.kygunco.com/ruger-lcp-380-auto-centerfire-pistol-275in-blued-61-black-nylon-grip-82404