Quick shout out to the

G27ATT

Women who are totally cool with mechanical things goin on in the kitchen. Rebuilding an alpha drive in the warmth as opposed to the cold garage. Rebuilt the carb last week at the kitchen table (house smelled like gas but only a little because I pre cleaned with gun solvent). She does love being on the boat and I'm cheap labor but she'd let me do it anytime. I have a Yamaha R1 and it was in the kitchen having a little maintenance not too long ago. She's about the best a guy could ask for.
  • Like 4

Dang....that's a pretty tile floor you'd mess up too! If I mentioned the cold while working on a carb or my outboard, my wife would say "you mean you can hunt and fish in it, but you can't fix a carb or work on the boat motor in it??"....Then she'd hand me my insulated coveralls. LOL!!! She's still a good woman and a keeper. I just pick warmer days to work on things.

Edited by Randall53
  • Like 1
No space in the garage. Barely enough for the boat and bike. It's a converted carport. I'd definitely rather be in my old garage.
True about the drive oil smell, it's odd and does hang around but she just told me she can't smell it. I get the soiled paper towels and rags out the house asap.

I don't understand why any man would rather be in a kitchen instead of a garage. Space heater for the win.

--sent from my top secret lair (yeah, the garage)

Not all of us have a garage (or can afford to build/buy one). So it's either the kitchen or back porch (for the small repairs), or "shade tree mechanic" for pulling engines. :up:

• Like 1

That is going to cost you something.....be sure of it!

It definitely does.... Hours of being captain, towing three miles to the ramp, maintenance and cleaning, etc. But, I enjoy it all. She's not into purses or shoes anyway.

Not all of us have a garage (or can afford to build/buy one). So it's either the kitchen or back porch (for the small repairs), or "shade tree mechanic" for pulling engines. :up:

I did without a garage for nearly 40 years, so I know what you mean. I could never go back...it's the only room in the house that's JUST mine :D.