What is your favorite most concealable 9mm

Guest TheBadLuckCharm

Guest TheBadLuckCharm

I had a dream, my five shot revolver wasn't enough. Though it was only a dream it got me thinking, I need a lot more rounds. Anyone? I like the Glock cause of the amount but I've never shot a 9mm how is the recoil?

Also what are you favorite 9mms? I would like to be able to conceal but I don't want it to be impossible to shoot comfortably.

Thanks!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds to me like you are wanting to try out a Kahr with a Hugue grip. I had a CW9 & enjoyed it quite well. Easily concealed even with an OWB holster. Recoil is not bad at all. Over all a sweet little gun.

The only downfall I can think of is a single stack mag I think it holds 7+1, but that's why it hides so well.

Call me odd. I never thought a KelTec would be my favorite 9mm for carry but, I traded a cell phone for a P11 a while back. I didn't expect much out of the P11 but I have grown to love it. The trigger pull is long but it is light, small, holds 10 +1 and eats everything I have put through it! I can easily conceal it with almost any untucked shirt and it is comfortable. Go figure????

Kel Tec PF-9. They have gotten all the "bugs" :P out of this gun in the last 6 months of production and will usually send anyone who asks for them, the parts to upgrade some of the older guns, for free.

It is thinner than the P-11 and can be kept in most front pockets without being IDed.

You have to hold on tight because it is light and YOU have to be the mass for recoil that the gun doesn't have.

Most concealable: Kahr PM9 in pocket or IWB.

On one hand, you're only gaining 2 rounds over your revolver though, with the short mag.

On the other hand, reload is quicker.

On the third hand (you do have one, don't you?), 7 is probably enough.

On the fourth hand, I had same concerns as you and usually carry XD SC, with spare mag. Total 11+16 rounds.

- OS

+1 on the Kahr PM9. It fits in any front pocket (with a Desantis Nemesis holster) I have. 6+1 capacity and the recoil is very manageable. With the flush floorplate magazine, concealment is great. If you have big pockets or carry IWB or OWB, the magazine with the pinkie rest helps slightly with accuracy.

Guest rockytop

P11 Pros--Small--Cheap--10 + 1 rounds cons--trigger pull--finish--trigger pull

CW9 Pros--Smaller--Cheap--7 + 1 rounds cons--?

PM9 Pros--very small--6 + 1 rounds cons--not cheap by any means

The P11 and CW9 stay at home. The PM9 goes everywhere I do, except to the Post Office and maybe to some restaurants. Yes, it goes to church, too.

Guest eyebedam

My EMP is really easy to conceal. I take it with me most everywhere. I would imagine a Walther PPS 9 should be in the mix somewhere. I don't own one but have shot 1 & carried it for a few days & it was pretty awesome.

My EMP is really easy to conceal. I take it with me most everywhere. I would imagine a Walther PPS 9 should be in the mix somewhere. I don't own one but have shot 1 & carried it for a few days & it was pretty awesome.

I carry an EMP every where with me as well. Falls into the Kahr range as kinda expensive though but both very nice.

Guest truthsayer

The P11 is a great mix of reliability, concealability (which Firefox doesn't like as a word. Wait, it's not fond of doesn't, either), and capacity.

Edited by truthsayer
Guest Verbal Kint

CZ RAMI is still my all-time favorite concealable 9mm. Preferably the non-polymer frame model. I seriously need to score one of these while I still can.

I carried the Kel-tec PF-9 all summer IWB about 4 o'clock; just about any t-shirt covers it just fine...don't think you could ask for a more concealable gun for shorts and a t-shirt, but as said above, you do have to hold on to the little thing when you shoot it. But for a small gun, mine is very accurate and has been dependable from the start.

Guest pjblurton

I almost always carry a full sized .40, but Saturday I was wearing warmups and a hoodie and was too lazy to change clothes so I slipped my wifes Taurus Millenium Pro PT111 in my waistband for the day...

Wow... nice... I was very comfortable and had full confidence in stopping any jive that came my way...

I might have to go shopping some time soon...:P