Semi Auto Rifles of WW2

Thanks.  Been very fortunate, and very blessed, to have the opportunity.  They all take regular trips to the range - I gotta admit, shooting the Johnson may be my favorite.  But there is something about that 'ping' that keeps me coming back for more.

Thanks.  Been very fortunate, and very blessed, to have the opportunity.  They all take regular trips to the range - I gotta admit, shooting the Johnson may be my favorite.  But there is something about that 'ping' that keeps me coming back for more.

Those rifles are gorgeous.   Did you refinish the stocks or did you buy them in that condition?

I've worked on the SA Garand and the Underwood Carbine a fair amount. The HRA Garand, the Johnson and the Win Carbine just got low gloss tung oil after a good cleaning with Old Tom's mix.

I'm partial to the duller finish of the top garand and the Johnson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

A lot of the M1 rifles are a little rough. A few years ago there was some that came on the market that they called shooter grade, and they looked rode hard and put away wet. My WRA is a little on the rough side. The stock and metal are not banged up but, the stock is a little dark. 

I just tried to go to the CMP to see what flavor of Garands they have available as of now.  I'm getting a 522 Error code. Can anyone else give it a try?

Site works on my end... here's what they say are in stock...   I looked at going thru the CMP several years ago, but all the hoops and paperwork just doesn't seem worth it, not counting the long wait time and not getting to actually pick out your own rifle...   I guess I'll just keep waiting until I see one locally

FIELD GRADE M1 GARAND

RM1FIELD M1 Garand, Luck of the draw for Springfield or Harrington & Richardson manufacturer. Orders will be filled with next available field grade rifle. See above for Field Grade description. Rifle shipped in CMP hard rifle case.

$630
Delivery time 30-60 days from placing order

Free Shipping

SERVICE GRADE M1 GARAND RM1SERVICE M1 Garand, Luck of the draw for Springfield or Harrington & Richardson manufacturer. Orders will be filled with next available Service grade rifle. See above for Service Grade description. Rifle shipped in CMP hard rifle case. $730
Delivery time 2-4 weeks from placing order
Free Shipping

SPECIAL GRADE M1 GARAND

RM1SPECIAL

CMP Special (.30-06) M1 Garand. This is a completely refurbished rifle consisting of an original M1 Garand Springfield or HRA receiver, new production Criterion barrel, new production American Walnut stock and handguards, and new web sling. Receiver and most other parts are refinished USGI, but some parts may be new manufacture.

$1,030
Allow 30-60 days for delivery.

Free Shipping

RM1308SPECIAL

CMP Special (.308) M1 Garand. This is a completely refurbished rifle consisting of an original M1 Garand Springfield or HRA receiver, new production Criterion barrel, new production American Walnut stock and handguards, and new web sling. Receiver and most other parts are refinished USGI, but some parts may be new manufacture. A .308 spacer block is installed to prevent the loading of a .30-06 round into the chamber.

$1,030
Allow 30-60 days for delivery.

Free Shipping

M1C GARAND "SNIPER" MODEL ITEM # DESCRIPTION PRICE RM1CSB* M1C Garand, SA (Springfield) Service Grade
Good Condition - Limited Quantity
Receiver Base installed - DOES NOT include scope mount, scope or cheek pad
*See above for grade description

$3035
Free Shipping

RM1CFB M1C Garand, SA (Springfield) Field Grade, Limited Quantity, Receiver Base Installed – DOES NOT include scope mount, scope or cheek pad.
*See above for grade description

$2235
Free Shipping

M1D GARAND "SNIPER" MODEL ITEM # DESCRIPTION PRICE

RM1DS*

M1D Garand, SA (Springfield) Service Grade
Good Condition - Limited Quantity
(No accessories or scope)
*See below for grade description

SOLD OUT
June 16, 2015

RM1DF

M1D Field Grade.
See CMP Grading Criteria near top of this page.

$1235
Free Shipping

RM1DR

M1D Rack Grade
See CMP Grading Criteria near top of this page.

$935
Free Shipping

RM1DSPECIAL M1D Garand Service Grade Springfield. Reparked SA receiver with new 1952-1953 dated M1D barrel. Reparked parts. New Walnut stock/handguards. Reproduction HI-LUX optics M82 scope and reproduction M82 mount.

$2000
Free Shipping

Thanks MrBrian. I just tried again and I got some issue going on. Still getting a 522 Error and says CMP host error. I can get onto the forums and other stuff but not the store.

Are you trying to get into the estore? If so, that is not where you will find the rifles...you need to go to the rifle sale page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk