Recommend a gun safe under $2000.

I am looking to purchase a new safe under $2000 delivered and ready to go. I have almost landed on a Liberty Fatboy Jr. but am still doing research to see if I can find something comparable or better for a better price. Cabela's has rebranded fanboys that I can get delivered to my house for $1604. I can get it in the house from there but am not ruling out getting inside delivery if offered.

I know you should always buy bigger than what you think you need but at this point I can't fit anything bigger and several years from now I may just buy a second safe anyways once I feel certain we won't be moving anytime soon.

Since you're close enough, head into Memphis and go to Town & Country locksmith on Summer Ave. They have a lot of Liberty, Cannon, and another brand that I can't remember right now in the store that you can check out and get a true feel for the size. They deliver too, but that might be outside their travel radius.

Since you're close enough, head into Memphis and go to Town & Country locksmith on Summer Ave. They have a lot of Liberty, Cannon, and another brand that I can't remember right now in the store that you can check out and get a true feel for the size. They deliver too, but that might be outside their travel radius.

That's actually where I looked. I'll probably end up going with them if I get a liberty. Just easier than buying online from a big box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went through the same process over the last few months and landed on a FatBoy Jr.  Local shop in my area had a good selection and several shops with lesser selections were all checked out. The dealer with the large selection won out after my 4th visit. I had it narrowed down to full FatBoy of Jr. Full was over my budget but I like some of the extras. Finally decided the Jr was already bigger than I would ever need since I already had a smaller safe that I had just out gown. They delivered and set it right where I wanted for an extra $200, if I would have been further from the store or a harder spot the price would have been more.

A couple of things I decided on in my search. Electronic locks are nice and fast but if you look online lots of horror stories about failures in 5-12 years and the cost of drilling and repair can be expensive and on your tab. I went mechnical. The full FB comes with an electronic and it is a special order for mechanical unless the shop you are using has the people to swap it out. I wanted the USB station that is in the full FB and didn't know till after the Jr was in place that I could have bought the kit to put it in for about $50 but would have had to do it before install. I did spring for a special edition Jr with custom paint color and black chrome dial which is easier to use in low light. I also put a rod dehumidifier in as part of the install so the 110v could be run through the back before it was put up against the wall.

After about a month now I am very happy with my choice.

Not knocking our sponsors but I must say , check out Tractor Supply.

I went by there last night and honestly the 64 gun cannon safe may fit the bill. I realize it's not as heavy of a steel as a liberty but for about $1000 less overall It makes for a tough decision hmmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there really a safe out there that will hold up to a deliberate attack?

for how long?   

Long enough for the fuzz to arrive when your BA trips?

Long enough for some stuff to survive a not-super-hot fire?

Maybe.

For a weekend where you are not home and they have nothing to do but chop on it?  Nope, does not exist.

I considered the large Cannon from Tractor Supply. It would have been fine for my needs. I moved up to the Liberty for two reason, better quality and delivery. I really didn't have anyway to get the Cannon home and into place without recruiting a lot of help. I'm new to the area so that would have been harder than at our old place. I have the 12 gun safe that Tractor Supply sells under the Winchester brand, that I still use, and the difference in quality is significant.