Presidental primary early voting

owejia

I think it's pretty clear that either Trump or Cruz will win the nomination...

I'm not sure about that. Rubio has picked up quite a few endorsements since Bush dropped out. Most of them are a bunch of old codgers who are out of touch with much of society, but I think it may be enough to give him a slight boost over Cruz.

That is exactly how Trump is seemingly going to get the nomination. He doesn't have the majority vote, only the plurality. As long as Cruz and Rubio are both in and splitting the actual majority, Trump wins the primaries.

- OS

Seems like this has been the theme in the last 2 GOP primaries. We get a candidate the majority doesn't want, because the conservatives are splitting hairs over which of the half dozen conservative candidates is their ideal guy. Meanwhile the moderate walks away with the plurality.

Regardless, a moderate Republican would make a better president than ANY Democrat. I can't stay home in the general election if Trump gets the GOP nomination, it guarantees we get a Democrat. In what seems like the unlikely chance that Trump doesn't win the GOP nomination, I think he'll run as an independent. I don't think it will be because of any tin foil hat conspiracy that he's Hillary's boy or anything like that. I just think he thinks that highly of himself and doesn't care what it costs the GOP and the conservative voters.

Seems like this has been the theme in the last 2 GOP primaries. We get a candidate the majority doesn't want, because the conservatives are splitting hairs over which of the half dozen conservative candidates is their ideal guy. Meanwhile the moderate walks away with the plurality.

Regardless, a moderate Republican would make a better president than ANY Democrat. I can't stay home in the general election if Trump gets the GOP nomination, it guarantees we get a Democrat. In what seems like the unlikely chance that Trump doesn't win the GOP nomination, I think he'll run as an independent. I don't think it will be because of any tin foil hat conspiracy that he's Hillary's boy or anything like that. I just think he thinks that highly of himself and doesn't care what it costs the GOP and the conservative voters.

Nobody should stay home this time, no matter who's the nominee. This may be the most important election of all of our lifetimes. Borrowing from the Libs....."DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN..!!!"   LOL!!

• Like 2

Nobody should stay home this time, no matter who's the nominee. This may be the most important election of all of our lifetimes. Borrowing from the Libs....."DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN..!!!"   LOL!!

I'd be fine with all the liberals staying home this time :D.

• Like 2

Cruz's resume.

• Graduated valedictorian in 1988 from Second Baptist High School
  • Graduated cum laude from Princeton University in 1992
  • Graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law School in 1995
  • 1992 U.S. National Debate Champion representing Princeton
  • 1995 World Debating Championship semi-finalist representing Harvard
  • Served a law clerk to Chief Justice William Rehnquist, making him the first Hispanic ever to clerk for a Chief Justice of the United States
  • Served as Solicitor General of Texas from 2003 to 2008, making him the first Hispanic Solicitor General in Texas, the youngest Solicitor General in the entire country and the longest tenure in Texas history
  • Partner at the law firm Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, where he led the firm’s U.S. Supreme Court and national appellate litigation practice
  • Authored over 80 SCOTUS briefs and presented over 40 oral arguments before The Court
  • In the landmark case of District of Columbia v. Heller, Cruz assembled a coalition of 31 states in defense of the principle that the 2nd Amendment guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms
  • Presented oral arguments before the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
  • Defended the Ten Commandments monument on the Texas State Capitol grounds,
  • Defended the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools
  • Defended the State of Texas against an attempt by the International Court of Justice to re-open the criminal convictions of 51 murderers on death row throughout the United States
  • Director of the Office of Policy Planning at the Federal Trade Commission
  • Domestic Policy Advisor to U.S. President George W. Bush on the 2000 Bush-Cheney campaign
  • Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, where he taught U.S. Supreme Court litigation
  • Ted Cruz is currently junior US Senator from Texas, defeating Texas Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst who was heavily favored and backed by the DC old-guard GOP
  • Defeated Democrat Paul Sadler in the general election
  • Endorsed by The Tea Party and the Republican Liberty Caucus
  • AWARDS: “America’s Leading Lawyers for Business,” Chambers USA (2009 & 2010) “50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America,” National Law Journal (2008) “25 Greatest Texas Lawyers of the Past Quarter Century,” Texas Lawyer (2010) “20 Young Hispanic Americans on the Rise,” Newsweek (1999) Traphagen Distinguished Alumnus, Harvard Law School
  • On November 14, 2012, Cruz was appointed vice-chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee
  • Unlike Obama, Cruz didn’t seat in the U.S. Senate and vote “present.” He has sponsored 97 bills. Here are a few crucial pieces of legislation sponsored by Cruz:
    • ObamaCare Repeal Act
    • Prohibit use of drones from killing citizens of the United States within the United States
    • Disarm Criminals and Protect Communities Act
    • Firearm Straw Purchasing and Trafficking Prevention Act
    • Defund Obamacare Act of 2013
    • A bill to amend the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 to permit States to require proof of citizenship for registration to vote in elections for Federal office
    • A bill to designate the United States courthouse located at 101 East Pecan Street in Sherman, Texas, as the Paul Brown United States Courthouse
    • A bill to require the Secretary of State to offer rewards of up to $5,000,000 for information regarding the attacks on the United States diplomatic mission at Benghazi, Libya that began on September 11, 2012
    • State Marriage Defense Act of 2014
    • A bill to amend title 18, United States Code, to prohibit the intentional discrimination of a person or organization by an employee of the Internal Revenue Service
    • A bill to prohibit the Department of the Treasury from assigning tax statuses to organizations based on their political beliefs and activities
    • American Energy Renaissance Act of 2014
    • A bill to deny admission to the United States to any representative to the United Nations who has been found to have been engaged in espionage activities or a terrorist activity against the United States and poses a threat to United States national security interests
    • SuperPAC Elimination Act of 2014
    • Free All Speech Act of 2014
    • Guantanamo Bay Detainee Transfer Suspension Act of 2014
    • A bill to require the Secretary of State to offer rewards totaling up to $5,000,000 for information on the kidnapping and murder of Naftali Fraenkel, a dual United States-Israeli citizen, that began on June 12, 2014
    • A bill to prevent the expansion of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program unlawfully created by Executive memorandum on August 15, 2012
    • Sanction Iran, Safeguard America Act of 2014
    • Expatriate Terrorists Act
    • Operation United Assistance Tax Exclusion Act of 2014

But it seems as though it does not matter. Reported wide spread voter fraud in Nevada. Volunteers handing out ballots were wearing Trump campaign clothing. Reported that those who were voting for Trump were given multiple ballots.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/02/disarray-nevada-caucuses-219702

Cb8jgV2VAAAg12F.jpg

• Like 1
Trump has no allegiance. He has already said he will run against the Republican candidate if he doesn't get the nomination. And all that will do is ensure Hillary will be the next president. She has already said gun owners are terrorists so you can imagine the hell she will bring when she becomes president. And Trump is ok with that. He has not always been a friend to conservatives.

Trump is appealing to our version of the low information voters.

I bet when Hillary gets elected Trump will get a cabinet seat or some sort of appointment for all the help he has given to Hillary. I still believe he is in the race to ensure she wins.

Again, look at who Trump socializes with to understand where his allegiances are.
  • Like 1

Trump has no allegiance. He has already said he will run against the Republican candidate if he doesn't get the nomination. And all that will do is ensure Hillary will be the next president. She has already said gun owners are terrorists so you can imagine the hell she will bring when she becomes president. And Trump is ok with that. He has not always been a friend to conservatives.

Trump is appealing to our version of the low information voters.

I bet when Hillary gets elected Trump will get a cabinet seat or some sort of appointment for all the help he has given to Hillary. I still believe he is in the race to ensure she wins.

Again, look at who Trump socializes with to understand where his allegiances are.

Well, it sounds like we have two roads to take that go to the same place. Screwed if we vote for him and screwed if we don't.