IDPA Chattanooga/Cleveland?

It sure looked to me like they weren't shooting IDPA any more. Maybe they should just put a link to the Facebook page on the club website...

Now that I know about the 3rd Saturday. I'll make it to a match probably in April.

Thanks!

It's fun! I've always felt very welcomed there (I'm a newb to IDPA). I shoot mostly 3gun, but I enjoy them both. There are a lot of people, so it makes the day a little bit longer... not really a bad thing if you're having fun shooting though :)

Registration begins at 0900 and the shooting starts at 1000. It's $10 at the door, and you can just show up. The gate will be open. Make sure you take a sandwich and some water... you could be there 'till 3 or 4. Once you get on the list with your email address, you'll start getting email links to practiscore to register each month. The stages used to be emailed as well, but now I think they're just posted on FB :(

I've never visited the facebook pages... I don't do facebook.
  • Like 1

Thanks, I'll give it a try, and ORSA too. I'll probably see you there in April.

I'm happy to hear what others have to say, but always try to go and experience it for myself...

I haven't tried 3 gun, I'm probably the last guy in TN without an AR. LOL!

you can use any semi auto rifle,  and to start out to try it you can use like a 10-22 or whatever, no one minds when new folks do that.  

I did it with a min-14 for a while and a few ppl use an AK. 

The Chattanooga Rifle Club has a match on the 2nd Sunday every month , but it is neither IDPA nor USPSA affiliated and they generally have a much smaller turnout (10 - 20 ) . But it is another option in the Chattanooga area to shoot if you like.

The CRC matches you're speaking of are nothing like IDPA or USPSA. I watched a few matches a couple of years ago, but never shot. They have 2 or 3 stages of 5 metal targets that fan out left to right from one central shooting spot with varying distances in between 20 to 30 feet or so. You have to engage the targets from one location and cannot move. At least that's what it was then. I've mentioned IDPA or USPSA type matches several times to CRC officers, but they said the person over the practical shooting is dead against having anyone on the grounds moving while shooting. I don't think we'll ever see these matches at CRC.

Edited by Randall53

The CRC matches you're speaking of are nothing like IDPA or USPSA. I watched a few matches a couple of years ago, but never shot. They have 2 or 3 stages of 5 metal targets that fan out left to right from one central shooting spot with varying distances in between 20 to 30 feet or so. You have to engage the targets from one location and cannot move. At least that's what it was then. I've mentioned IDPA or USPSA type matches several times to CRC officers, but they said the person over the practical shooting is dead against having anyone on the grounds moving while shooting. I don't think we'll ever see these matches at CRC.

I have not shot there in a few years, but back when I did it was essentially "Renegade IDPA" with IDPA targets , idpa scoring and Hi cap mags allowed.  I shot there regularly from 99 to about 2010. But I have not shot there in a while. 

I have not shot there in a few years, but back when I did it was essentially "Renegade IDPA" with IDPA targets , idpa scoring and Hi cap mags allowed.  I shot there regularly from 99 to about 2010. But I have not shot there in a while. 

If they would bring anything in that resembled IDPA it would be great. The ability to move in a more realistic scenario such as at Cleveland and requiring a mag change in each stage is what makes the IDPA so valuable IMO and is excellent practice and much more fun that standing in one spot and shooting a target. I don't see it happening at CRC, but maybe things will change.

The Chattanooga Rifle Club has a match on the 2nd Sunday every month , but it is neither IDPA nor USPSA affiliated and they generally have a much smaller turnout (10 - 20 ) . But it is another option in the Chattanooga area to shoot if you like.

I don't shoot anything that will distract from my "IDPA Training"....might get me killed on the streets!         :dirty:  :devil:

Thanks, I'll give it a try, and ORSA too. I'll probably see you there in April.

I'm happy to hear what others have to say, but always try to go and experience it for myself...

I haven't tried 3 gun, I'm probably the last guy in TN without an AR. LOL!

If ya come to ORSA for IDPA sign up for squad 6......we wont be too hard on ya the 1st time :D

I swear a slot had opened up on squad 6 and made the change. Try not to be too hard on me just the 1st time...

That was due to me dropping out. Friday I'm having 2 wisdom teeth surgically removed. a molar pulled, and a root canal and crown. I imagine I wont be up to shooting on Saturday.........

That was due to me dropping out. Friday I'm having 2 wisdom teeth surgically removed. a molar pulled, and a root canal and crown. I imagine I wont be up to shooting on Saturday.........

I felt your pain about 6 months ago. Take care of yourself I hope to meet you at another match soon.

I swear a slot had opened up on squad 6 and made the change. Try not to be too hard on me just the 1st time...

Depends if I stutter on your name or not. If I do you might want to have a nickname you answer to handy LOL

Seriously? 

I am sorry man, but I might be a little ashamed of you right now.