I want a bigger handgun

Guest tnelson

Guest tnelson

Hi guys,

So I have my mossberg 590, ar-15, ak-47, sig p229 40, hk .45, and hk .9m.

Now I want a Ruger Redhawk KRH-444 .44 Magnum. What are your thoughts on that particular firearm. Other than being a big a$$ unpractiacle firearm.

I've had a .357 magnum and want something a little bigger.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I debated a .50 caliber handgun.

DO love the .480. Why is that model discontinued?

From what I understand it was a prototype only and the company that manufactured it was really more concerned with the design of the recoil management system and not necessarily as concerned with producing a .50BMG pistol. Regardless, I dare say it would get some attention if you were ever stopped with it!!:D

Guest tnelson

Ok so I got my Raging Bull 480 yesterday. It's friggen nice.

I haven't fired it yet. On target in Murfressboro doesn't carry .480. :D Will make a trip to Franklin Gunshop today for a box and give it a try.

This is a dang good firearm. Other than not being able to uncock the hammer ( well I can't figure out how ); I don't any issues with it.

Really? Meaning if you cock it, you HAVE to shoot the round?

That don't sound right.

Certainly I've never handled that gun, or even a Taurus of any kind, but hey, it's a single/double action revolver, eh?

- OS

Guest tnelson

Well I downloaded the PDF manual for the 480 and they don't mention how to uncock it. Yes- it's a single/double action revolver. With it cocked in single action - I don't know how to decock it without pulling the trigger.

Well I downloaded the PDF manual for the 480 and they don't mention how to uncock it. Yes- it's a single/double action revolver. With it cocked in single action - I don't know how to decock it without pulling the trigger.

You cant.

The way to safely de-cock it is by first gripping the hammer very tightly insuring it will not slip.Then pull the trigger and lower the hammer just ever so slightly,then realese the trigger.

The firing pin will then be blocked,and the gun will not fire,even if your thumb slips and the hammer slams down.

You can practice this with spent brass,and you will see that there will not be any marks on the primer from decocking in this manner :D

Edited by strickj
Ok so that did work.

Oh, okay. I thought it was broken or something.

I don't think I'm comfortable doing that with a life round though. LOL

No alternative unless you want to have a cocked hand cannon on that live round indefinitely.

This must first revolver you've ever handled?

- OS