New Gunsmith

Guest FNandGlock

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FNandGlock

Ok to all who have been reading this thread, I will get my information faxed to Hero Gear on Monday after the holiday. I have it in a safety deposit box for the most part I sent him some of my Marine stuff I had. Anyways after i prove myself which why I have to is for my own sake I will resign my membership here. I can not and will never understand why a moderator and senior members of this site would do this to someone and make them clear there name up to prove they are not a liar. Well I will clear my name and move on and thanks to all whom I have become friends with. What a way to treat a member yet a member who served his country. Prove yourself right when you did no wrong pisses me off. To bad for the most part I enjoyed this site but I will not be a part of something that people in charge call you a liar and muddy your name and force you to have to prove your self I AM PISSED what a waste of time

Update:

I have received enough to verify:

Service as a Marine

MOS 0351 (basically a TOW or Dragon Anti-tank gunner)

Also, via a DoD records search, it has been confirmed that he served in the National Guard as 19D (Cav Scout) in the grade of E4

army.gif

Name :CHRISTIAN A HARBULA

Service :Army

Service Component :NATIONAL GUARD

Pay Grade :E-4

Military Speciality :19D0O

Home of Record : TN

State of Residence :

Still need verification of:

Marine 0311 MOS qualification

Marine 0321 (RECON) MOS qualification

Special Forces qualification

Special Forces Sniper (SOTIC) grad.

4 years of service as a 18B Special Forces Weapons Sergeant

So, as it stands now, we know you were a young Marine anti-tank guy, and served as an E4 in the National Guard.

None of the impressive claims have been verified yet.

Edited by BimmerFreak
Guest FNandGlock

I have sent you more stuff I hope you get it i will fax them monday. Thanks for posting my information I asked you not too. DoD records will show that And yes after boot I went to MOS school as stated and when I went to the fleet I tried and made recon. Again Hero I asked you not to post my personal info record of any kind.

Just found this and all i can say is WOW! I guess the code of conduct can be set aside for certain people and situations.:) This isn't the first time and I voiced my opinion on this before so I won't elaborate again, but this about the second biggest bunch of garbage I've seen here.:)

Edited by Smith
Guest 70below

I have to say, regardless of who is right and who is wrong. I am a bit disappointed in EVERYONES conduct who is involved. This is something that should have been dealt with outside of the forum if at all. Sadly, There are a couple people involved that I held in fairly high regard on this site until this thread. I hope its just the stress of the Christmas season.

Guest clownsdd

I agree with nsnate & 70below, some "mod", no way would I pass on personal information in a public forum.

IMHO the whole "calling out" thing was uncalled for.

I am new here, but a member of a few other gun forums. All I can say is WOW.

I have never seen such personal attacks on a forum.

Well, please don't judge this forum based on what you've witnessed in this thread. TGO is one of the greatest gun forums, IMHO, and this thread does not reflect how most of us would like TGO to be viewed by anyone.

Please take the time to browes the reat of TGO, and you'll quickly realize why so many of us love spending too much time on here.

Welcome to TGO.

Enjoy your stay.

• Administrator
If you can't/won't say something to a mans face, you probably shouldn't be saying it in a public forum over the internet.

If portraying yourself as someone who's in the military is an offensive act, I think it's safe to say that it's equally offensive to accuse a member of the military of being dishonest about his service to our country.

I have no clue if FNandGlock was/is in the military, but calling him a liar based on little more than a hunch is slightly disrespectful. And yes, it would be equally disrespectful if he were to be lying about his military service. I sure hope that's not the case.

Either way, this has turned into nothing more than a pissing match between a Benefactor and a Moderator/Benefactor. Surely we can represent this wonderful site in a more positive manner.

Merry Christmas To All

Just found this and all i can say is WOW! I guess the code of conduct can be set aside for certain people and situations.:stick: This isn't the first time and I voiced my opinion on this before so I won't elaborate again, but this about the second biggest bunch of garbage I've seen here.:(

I've been a member on a lot of forums. One thing that never surprises me is how members will bellyache anytime a moderator gets involved in a tussle. It's all fun and games until a guy with a title has an opinion, and then suddenly everyone's being repressed. Give me a friggin break. :rolleyes:

First of all, the moderators are entitled to have and share their opinions just the same as anyone else is. All moderators are first and foremost members of this forum and they are extended the same "rights" as any other member. Those of you who feel that a moderator shouldn't be allowed to express an opinion should find the nearest exit from TGO and take it, never to come back.

Secondly, there are some fraternities in this world that a smart man doesn't go around making up farcical stories of being a member of; the military being one of them and certain divisions of the military being even more so. When you lie about being a member of those things, you can expect to get called out or worse. The people who really are members of those things generally have paid more than their fair share of dues over the courses of their careers to be called Marine, or sniper, or SF, or whatever and they don't take kindly to posers.

For example, ask any Marine about the EGA. You don't get to wear the EGA until you become a Marine. You don't call yourself a Marine until the USMC calls you a Marine. You don't step off the bus at Paris Island as a new puke wearing a Marine Corps t-shrit unless you want to become seriously aquainted with pain and suffering for the next few weeks.

You don't spit into the wind. You don't step on Superman's cape. Get the idea?

So if a person comes onto an Internet forum occupied by a lot of current and former military personnel and starts spinning a story that seems pretty unbelievable, expect that they will get called out on it. And furthermore, expect them to get a lot of heat if their story turns out to be crap. Why? Because military take care of their own and the price of admission to their fraternity isn't free and it isn't cheap. As the cliche goes, all give some and some give all.

Oh, and as a PS... most of the guys that I have met who really have been there and done the cool stuff don't talk about it much. ;)

Now I'm not saying that the original poster is full of ****. What I am saying is that even to me, a person who has never put on a uniform, the story sounds suspicious. And I'm inclined to let the military guys present in this thread handle it among themselves because if it turns out to be bogus, it will serve as a good warning to the next poser who comes along and decides to make up a bunch of crap.

And if it turns out that it's legit, it's still all good. Because from what I've seen from the outside looking in, a good ration of **** is expected between members of the armed forces. They expect it and they understand it.

Bottom line? Thread stays open, OP should put up the goods and let the other military members present vet his claims. The only thing that I am doing is moving this to the lounge forum and reminding the non moderators to let the modertors do the moderating. :D

I agree with nsnate & 70below, some "mod", no way would I pass on personal information in a public forum.

IMHO the whole "calling out" thing was uncalled for.

For the record, the info posted is his first and last name.

Guess where I got that?

His TGO profile. :rolleyes:

I ran that DoD check before receiving any of the info you emailed me Christain, so dont get all bent out of shape.

I have honored your request of not to post personal info (address, SSN, etc)

Are you going to get mad if I post THIS info?

• About FNandGlock
  • Real Name Christian Harbula
  • Biography I am a father of 2 girls, Wife has been serving in the army for 17 years.
  • Gender Male

• Administrator
I just wanted to clarify that I was not insinuating that Moderators should not have an opinion. I only wish it was dealt with a little differently.

This isn't the first time that you've chipped in your two cents on how I or the moderators have handled things. I suggest that you keep out of it and just be content to be a member here and let the moderators do their jobs when appropriate for them to do so, and otherwise let the moderators use the forum just as any other member does... freely and without undue harassment.

If you feel the urge to moderate something, do it over on your own forum.

For the record, the info posted is his first and last name.

Guess where I got that?

His TGO profile. :rolleyes:

I ran that DoD check before receiving any of the info you emailed me Christain, so dont get all bent out of shape.

I have honored your request of not to post personal info (address, SSN, etc)

Are you going to get mad if I post THIS info?

:owned:

Guest tcampbell
The only gunsmith worth a darn in middle tenn is Ronnie Morris.

Don't know him...but the only gunsmith I go to in my area is Jeff Walle at Guns and Leather....and he is worth more than a darn. He is no doubt one of the best in middle Tennesse...

This isn't the first time that you've chipped in your two cents on how I or the moderators have handled things. I suggest that you keep out of it and just be content to be a member here and let the moderators do their jobs when appropriate for them to do so, and otherwise let the moderators use the forum just as any other member does... freely and without undue harassment.

If you feel the urge to moderate something, do it over on your own forum.

I apologize for having an opinion. My bad. I didn't realize those weren't allowed on an internet forum.

FYI, I don't have a forum, nor do I have the desire to have one. If you're talking about AmericanGunOwners.net, that is not my site. Someone else started that site, and I was asked if I would become an Admin in the event they would need some extra help. Being the nice guy that I am, I agreed to help in any way I can.

Well speaking of military fraternities, I have about 200 slots open in the area.

Enlistment age is now up to 42 years old.

I even have a few armorer slots open. That is if your interested in gun smithing.

Please PM me if interested. I need to collect a few $2000.00 bounties.

"Be a Man among Men" Rhodesian Army Selous Scouts recruiting slogan.

Edited by R1100R

You call this stuff personal attacks? lol...

Well - all I can say is that I was an SE in the GWTD branch of the CE, and darn proud of it. Later, I advanced to the rank of GMAIG and finally was discharged with honors after 9 years of service.

I'll leave you smart peoples to figure them apples out, and wish you a Merry Christmas in the process :rolleyes: