Alas cooler group buy......kinda

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showthread.php?46044-Atlas-cooler-25-discount-group-buy-now-open-june-1-june-30

Details at the above link.

Basically it's a group-buy discount code, open to anyone. It takes an extra 25% off the sale price of any Alas product EXCEPT the cheapest tumblers.

It's very specific as to how it works & it MUST be followed to the letter, but for the savings, it's absolutely worth it!

I'm in for 2 80qt coolers & possibly a 30 & I have a good friends joining my order with a 2 65qt + a 115.

There had been huge interest on the Rokslide forum & the guy who has arranged this has put in a TON of work.

If anyone is considering buying a better quality cooler but is on the fence regarding price....this might just tip you over the edge!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edited by robtattoo
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As posted over on Rokslide......

"ATLAS COOLER SHIPPING UPDATE 7/22/2016:

All,

I am back from the backcountry of CO and just got off the phone with the owner of Atlas (he is out of the country at present), here is Group Buy status directly from him:

1) ALL coolers ordered from the Group Buy have arrived stateside and are in the port in Long Beach, CA and waiting to clear customs. ALL tumblers needed to fulfill Group Buy orders are in stock at Atlas.
2) Long Beach, CA port is running slower than expected releasing containers through customs, our container is now 9 days overdue for delivery to ATLAS' fulfillment center.
3) Immediately upon Long Beach releasing the container, it will travel by rail to Houston, then private semi straight to Atlas' fulfillment (It will only take the container 4 days to arrive at ATLAS' fulfillment center once cleared by Long Beach customs).

I again reiterate, Atlas' *primary* business focus is large volume sales to big box stores, this Group Buy was an accommodation for us. Regrets to all that the timeline is running a little slower than planned. In addition, an unexpected/unplanned very large order from a big box store came in early in the Group Buy timeline, that order took precedence and killed the inventory they had on hand. Once that big box order hit, ATLAS put together a dedicated order for our Group Buy. That order, as stated, is in Long Beach. 

Supposition and flaming are not constructive to trying to get this deal done.

I am sorry about the delays on this, but anyone who has real heartburn and feels a need to flame Atlas is free to go on line and cancel their order any time before this Sunday. ATLAS will hold a window open until this Sunday for anyone that wants to kill their order. However, as stated before, I know for a fact that any future deals will not be priced as favorably, nor will they have the free shipping terms we got on this gig, so pick your poison. 

It is just a reality of business that ATLAS planned that the container would arrive within their normal window of expectation and that Long Beach is operating outside normal parameters and did not read that plan.

I hope this provides some clarity.

Best to all-

JL"

I really hope this all comes together quickly & smoothly and doesn't go anything like the 'Rtic fiasco' I feel responsible seeing as I posted this here.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

have not received mine either but i havent seen their stuff anywhere else. like other stores. and it doesnt take long to clear customs... I just hope were not getting scammed. If you look on their site there is no phone number just a PO Box. I'll try to stay as optimistic as Poss on this just don't want to get burned on a 65 quart cooler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, its either this or smoke signals!

Here's another update from over on Rokslide from 8/11/16:

ATLAS COOLER UPDATE:

GOOD NEWS-- ROKSLIDE GROUP BUY ATLAS COOLERS HAVE CLEARED CUSTOMS

I spoke with the owner today. The lack of communication recently was due to the fact that apparently someone in Cuba felt the best way to repay his mission work there was to ummm... permanently borrow his cell phone.

Now that the container has cleared customs, it goes to trucking company to transfer to rail. This may take a several days to a week +/-. Once on the rail, about 4 biz days to Houston, then immediately to Atlas, then shipments go out.

I will advise as soon I have more to report.

Also, if anyone does want to cancel their order, they may do so via Atlas site.

Best,

JL

Edited by monkeylizard

Another update from 2 days ago on Rokslide

ATLAS COOLER GROUP BUY UPDATE:

**OUR COOLERS ARE ON THE TRAIN TO HOUSTON! **

...a few days to get there, then by truck to Atlas and shipped out to us!

That would put them in Houston probably today or tomorrow. Hopefully we'll start seeing some shipments going out next week.

Another update on Rokslide:

Atlas cooler group buy update:

All,

Coolers have been released from Houston and should be at Atlas either Tuesday or Wednesday. One day to inventory and quality check them, then shipping expected to begin on Friday.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, abusfullofnuns said:

FYI website is no longer active. I think I may have reached my breaking point on these. I'll likely cancel Monday unless I have a change of heart. 

Not saying you guys didn't get hosed, but their web site has been down on more than one occasion in the past.  I think the whole Atlas Coolers enterprise is an example of how not to run a business, but hopefully you guys get what you paid for soon.

I hate that I got you guys involved in this, I'm really, really sorry.

I really don't know what the hell's going on. The 'Where's my order' page is now redirecting to the 'account login' page & when I login to my account, my order history is blank. When I go to the store page, the 80qt coolers are showing that they're "expected to ship on September 15th"

I think I've been about as patient as I can be.

A few of the guys from Rokslide have cancelled their orders & received refunds within a few days.

I tried calling the owner this morning with, obviously, no reply & his voicemail box is full.

Obviously, it's completely up to you what you want to do, whether you want to stick it out & hope for the best or cancel your order. I'm going to tough it out, even though I'm no longer expecting the coolers to show before I leave for Wyoming.

Again, I'm really sorry for dragging you all into this fiasco.

I'm probably holding out until around Sept 20th. If the Sept 15th date pushes again, I'll probably cancel my order.

The cynical side of me wonders if the delay is intentional to get people to cancel and cut down on these free-shipping orders.

Edited by monkeylizard