Back in TN for a few days

Have to say, the humidity is miserable and I could stand for the wind to pick up a bit. Other than that, it's not too bad. 

We're replacing half a mile of water line at a house I have in Sumner county. It's all rock, uphill, etc.  Nasty ground to work in. With a 50 hp trencher and a Case 580 we got almost 2,000' of trench dig yesterday, the last 5-600' is going to be much slower. Too steep to get the trencher on, goes under a road and through a solid rock shelf. It might not be too bad if we can follow the original line, but it's still going to require the backhoe. 

I have to admit, I do kind of miss living here. Not this house so much, but middle TN is a pretty good place to be. 

1 hour ago, 56FordGuy said:

I guess. Waiting on a deputy to show up right now. May post more details after talking with them. 

Uh oh!:eek:

I trust you won't be needing bail money?:confused:

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

TN in general is a great place to live. Hope the project goes stil well.

I agree. I'm not picking on TN, Sumner county or even Gallatin/ Bethpage with that comment. Just people. 

We we had a lady arrive today while we were working on the water. Her ride dropped her off, she claimed to be waiting for a real estate agent. I wasn't aware of a showing today, checked with our selling agent and she wasn't aware of one either. The lady, meanwhile had disappeared. The house and all the buildings were locked, she was sitting in the tall grass out by the woods. When she saw us walking around she laid down. We advised her that without an agent and an appointment she would need to leave, so she got up and walked the 1/2 mile down the gravel drive and started walking down the paved road. As she was leaving, we found she had left behind a garbage bag of food, clothes, blankets and drinks. That's when the SCSO was called. Compliments to them, an officer was here much sooner than I expected and had the lady in his vehicle. He was extremely helpful and professional, and ended up taking the lady and her trash bag of belongings away. The lady claimed she was meeting her agent to close on the house today, and the bag of stuff was so she could move in. I think the last part of that is the only true part. The house and shop are both locked and alarmed, but the barn is not. The officer said it wasn't uncommon for people to try and find rural properties that had been on the market for a while and try to camp out there. The better half is down here every few weeks to check up on things, and the realtor should be coming up to the house and doing a good walk around every couple of days now. The officer said they would have the patrols actually come up the gravel road and check on the house more often as well. He gave me his card, saI'd if I need anything to call him. All in all, a nice guy and a very positive LEO experience. 

As for my project, we have 2,400' of new water pipe in the ground. I need to make three more connections, leak test and backfill then I'm done. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2016 at 7:45 PM, 56FordGuy said:

The officer said it wasn't uncommon for people to try and find rural properties that had been on the market for a while and try to camp out there.

That was my big concern when I was moving down to TN.  We bought the house a month before moving down.  We knew the place was going to be empty for a least a month and was afraid someone was going to move in on us.  I was pleased we were able moving a plan ahead a little and we move just 3 weeks after closing and was please everything was in good shape when we got here.

Edited by rmiddle

Blake,

I've been on that hill and you couldn't pay me to put pipe up to that pretty house in 90+ weather.

You're a better man than me. 

I wish I could find the means to put myself in more debt to have that property though.....man it's a great view up there.

• Like 1