• Taurus Pump-Action .357/.38
    • Mosin-Nagant AND a cheap .357 wheelie
    • AK

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIA.....

not many places to shoot AK here in memphis... (On this side of the law at least.) :D

Orange Mound silly. It is a living shooting gallery.:D Of course you'll need friends..... and armor...... and maybe artillery, but it should be fun!

Orange Mound silly. It is a living shooting gallery.:D Of course you'll need friends..... and armor...... and maybe artillery, but it should be fun!

Frayser is becoming the most action-packed area of Memphis. I have a friend who rides on the unit in Frayser, and it sounds like Mogadishu.

truth...get the AK if you have a place to shoot it. If not, get the RIA with the understanding that it may not like hollow points.

Well, I have local sources on all of them. As such, they have all been fondled and are in stock. I'm just trying to decide.

How much is that Taurus rifle? And which model? Kinda pricey MSRP.

That was one of the few choices I found for a pistol caliber rifle that's still manufactured anyway. Can't find much of a review of one either...

- OS

Memphis is really getting out of control, I just saw that a 11 year old girl got shot there for no apparent reason. I voted AK and stand behind my vote, but if I was going to get a RIA 1911 I'd just save up the extra cash and get a Springfield.

Guest truthsayer
How much is that Taurus rifle? And which model? Kinda pricey MSRP.

That was one of the few choices I found for a pistol caliber rifle that's still manufactured anyway. Can't find much of a review of one either...

- OS

Model C357BR. I can get my mitts on it for 475 through a friend. Mostly, I'd love to have it as a companion to my Taurus Model 80 wheelgun. They'd make a gorgeous pair :D

Memphis is really getting out of control, I just saw that a 11 year old girl got shot there for no apparent reason. I voted AK and stand behind my vote, but if I was going to get a RIA 1911 I'd just save up the extra cash and get a Springfield.

It's not that murder that makes it dangerous here.... it's all the other ones.

Guest truthsayer

Update... I bought a 1911. Not an RIA, because I couldn't find one after all. I found a great deal on a Taurus 1911 and bought it in time to take advantage of the 75 dollar rebate. I put 250rds through it last night, and it's a fantastic gun for the money.

Guest truthsayer
gotta love when people ask what to buy, have a poll, and then buy what does not win the poll, LOL

so why go through all this in the first place???

it don't matter, but it made me laugh a bit

If by people you mean me, then let me explain. One of the things I found (because of this thread) was that getting an AK didn't make a lot of sense for me since I would have a hard time finding a place to shoot it. My second choice and second place in the poll was the RIA, but I couldn't find one locally. I did the next best thing. While I didn't buy the winner, the poll helped me decide on what I wound up buying.

Guest truthsayer
RIA, but I couldn't find one locally.

I work at a gun store and still can't get mine in lol Congrats on the Taurus though you'll love it

Where do you shoot? We should meet up sometime and punch holes.