Houston Store Robbery: Suprise, Speed, Violence of Action

Saw this video on another site:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/terrifying-video-shows-bullets-flying-134007168.html

Just, wow.  That's obviously the higher end of the threat spectrum you might find yourself under.  Looking at the tape, it seems these guys have a mix of some kind of long gun, and a shotgun.  More importantly, they moved in fast, and while they were a bit loose in how they positioned themselves, had control over the store well enough. 

Thoughts?

Looked like they knew what they wanted to do, but not how to do it. Go figure...

Good call on the safe room.... For a brief second I didn't think the first guy was going to let the lady in....

i used to like Houston....then Katrina hit N.O. And many fled to Houston....  I don't think the city will ever recover....

I'd like to know "the rest of the story".  Small market equipped with a heavily armored "safe room" attacked by multiple gunmen with long arms??  Doesn't sound like a typical quick in, quick out smash and grab operation to me. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, WindHawk said:

I'd like to know "the rest of the story".  Small market equipped with a heavily armored "safe room" attacked by multiple gunmen with long arms??  Doesn't sound like a typical quick in, quick out smash and grab operation to me. 

Looking at the tactics, nothing was typical.  What would explain the "why" is the store has a Western Union (presumably holding a good bit of cash) co-located inside.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, btq96r said:

Looking at the tactics, nothing was typical.  What would explain the "why" is the store has a Western Union (presumably holding a good bit of cash) co-located inside.

Makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

I found it odd that they seemed to have no interest in the cash register, but they did steal a customer's wallet.  I was amused that they kept trying to kick in that safe room door that opens out.  Obviously that didn't work out so well for them.

Finally, the sensationalized narration annoyed me.

I'm certainly glad no one seemed to be hurt.