How far do you have to go to get a gun?

Guest JLowe

I'm sitting here in the old recliner and had a thought and no it was not painful or the only one of the day :D. Here goes:

If somebody kicked in your door to you home right now, how far would you have to go to get a gun to defend you and your family? I don't sit around the house with one on my hip, but I do keep one really close at all times. For the sake of a public forum, I'm not going to tell anyone where they are, but just know that one is within arms reach at all times. So, I got to wondering what other peoples reaction times would be to get a firearms in a defensive situation? I know that there are recliners, couches, nightstands, and tables with compartments in them in which to store a gun, light, and spare ammo. Do you use something like that or do you carry while in your home?

Just a thought...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdog

I'm never more than 5 ft away from a firearm in my home. Since the kids are grown and gone we never have child worries. Not at all paranoid, but damn sure prepared.

I live in a 1200 square foot, 2 bedroom apartment, so I decided it would be best to strategically place 1 handgun in the kitchen, 1 in the living room, and a couple in the master bedroom.

If someone were to kick in my door, unless I'm in the bathroom, I generally have a gun of somekind within arms reach.

I just can't get myself to carry one on my hip while I'm in the house. I know that works well for many, but I can't do it.

up the stairs and into the closet for me...

keeping myself in good physical condition, the 10 years of martial arts, and the microtech in my pocket will have to suffice 'till then...

I carry everywhere, even the Bathroom, because I am a certified Bathroom Ninja. And I got a certificate to prove it.

I can competently carry in the shower because at the Tacticool Ninja Academy, we practiced wet naked soapy shampoo semi-auto hot-water steamy shower firing training- They set up a real hot shower on the firing line, then we had to get naked and they would put shampoo in our naked eyes, and while we were gettin' the burnin' soap out of our naked eyes we had to exit said shower, grab our pistols with our soapy hands, slippery wet feet, and soap-blinded eyes, and then neutralize 10 ninjas bearing samurai swords charging into our "bathroom" with our water-resistant air-soft training glocks. That farce-on-farce training experience taught me to carry everywhere.

The farce-on-farce Bathroom Ninja training only costs $2500 for the week-end, and they give you a certificate and even supply the ammo- I am certified to both Dry Fire AND Wet Fire, and Hair Drier Fire, too. And soapy fire, and lather-rinse-repeat fire, too.

We also did some toilet training- but I'll post an in-depth AAR on that later in a more appropriate forum.

Edited by ZenDog
typo
I carry everywhere, even the Bathroom, because I am a certified Bathroom Ninja. And I got a certificate to prove it.

I can competently carry in the shower because at the Tacticool Ninja Academy, we practiced wet naked soapy shampoo semi-auto hot-water steamy shower firing training- They set up a real hot shower on the firing line, then we had to get naked and they would put shampoo in our naked eyes, and while we were gettin' the burnin' soap out of our naked eyes we had to exit said shower, grab our pistols with our soapy hands, slippery wet feet, and soap-blinded eyes, and then neutralize 10 ninjas bearing samurai swords charging into our "bathroom" with our water-resistant air-soft training glocks. That farce-on-farce training experience taught me to carry everywhere.

The farce-on-farce Bathroom Ninja training only costs $2500 for the week-end, and they give you a certificate and even supply the ammo- I am certified to both Dry Fire AND Wet Fire, and Hair Drier Fire, too. And soapy fire, and lather-rinse-repeat fire, too.

We also did some toilet training- but I'll post an in-depth AAR on that later in a more appropriate forum.

post of the day

Guest Astra900

On my hip. If I'm taking a shower, I put the seat down and set it on the toilet. If I'm sleeping, I set it on the stand next to me. Paranoid they say, but just because your not paranoid, don't mean they aren't after you too.

Guest Guntrainer

This is good news, and a good point to make.:)

The AVERAGE BEAR sits around the house at night in their skivvies. If they have an alarm system, it is OFF. If they have a firearm, it is not quickly accessible. Their door probably is locked, but a ten year old kid can usually kick it in.:D

Their guard is completely down, or in Condition White. ;)

We are often at our must vulnerable when at home. :eek:

DON'T LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU!;)

Be careful when you chose your hairdryer!

http://asia.cnet.com/i/r/2007/gb/oct/gunhairdryer_b1.jpg

I keep 4 loaded no more than 50 feet at any time.Glass doors front and back locked and main doors locked.My wife has an Austrailian shepard that went through the window a few years ago after the ups guy.House is alarmed at night but, I am sure the dogs would wake me befor the alarm.

Well let me tell you something, brother. All I do is carry ammunition and squeeze it in the direction of anybody breaking into my house.

hogan2.jpg

:D

I actually carry all the time, or have one next to me when I'm showering or sleeping.