Looks like a new LCP!

Steelharp

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 11:43 AM, bersaguy said:

I read a lot about different trigger pulls on many of these smaller semi's and I have often wondered something. We all carry a firearm for protection of ourselves and family or others. The way I look at this is "IF" and I mean "IF" anyone one here ever hand to actually use the gun mentioned here or the LCP 380's or S&W Bodyguards or any guns of this design and we actually did have to fire the weapon at what level would your adrenalin be pumping and do you actually feeling you would not pull the trigger so fast that the long trigger pull would have any effect on you discharging the weapon. I carry a select number of Bersa Semi autos which are designed to fire in a single action / double action operation. If the Bersa hammer is cocked and locked when safety is released it is automatic. If the hammer is unloaded and I have to do a long trigger pull for first round and I knew I was going to be forced to fire my weapon I honestly believe my first round would leave the gun in a split second even on a long trigger pull but that is just my humble opinion. Would like to hear other thoughts on this.

It's not so much about whether or not a person can actually squeeze one off with a long or heavy trigger. It's about being able to do so accurately. When the trigger finger pulls inwards, the rest of the hand muscles naturally squeeze in, exerting more force on the firearm. Specifically it's increasing torque in the hand's grip and the wrist, which is why most folks drop rounds low and right on a heavy/long trigger (or low and left if they're left handed). It takes practice to work that natural tendency out of a grip and ONLY move the muscles controlling the trigger finger. The heavier/longer the trigger is, the more likely those other hand/finger muscles are to join in the fight to do the work of the lone finger. With the adrenalin pumping, accuracy is hard enough. A very long/heavy trigger just adds to the difficulty. Of course a hair trigger eliminates that, but creates its own danger of making it too easy to touch off a round prematurely. The trick is finding the balance.

To your point though, AIUI the distances of most self-defense shootings are pretty dang short. Not far enough that the extra torque on the grip from a long/heavy trigger would make a lot of difference. I'm not an expert though so my opinion is worth what you paid for it.

I don't believe we will ever see a perfect gun, but the LCP comes close for what IMO is a small, pocket, get-off-me gun for up-close personal distances.  No sights needed, adrenaline pumped safe trigger pull, and minimal round capacity dictated by size.  Is it pretty and high tech, no.  But I don't see the advantages of the changes or increase in costs.  My original LCP is more than adequate and with only minimal sight alignment quite accurate inside of 10 yds.  But like all firearms, personal choice.

1 hour ago, Preacher357 said:

It is hammer fired, but the hammer is fully cocked when the action is cycled.  It is roughly the same size as the original, but feels a little meatier in the hand.  The trigger pull is short and crisp.  

Actually, if you look in the hole at the hammer as you pull the trigger, you can see it finish its' move backward. It's almost fully cocked, but not quite.

• Like 1