Gun ranges in Middle Tennessee

JimR

Does anyone have an up to date list of Middle Tennessee gun ranges?

I've found a couple, but the lists typically aren't kept up to date.

I'm in Mt. Juliet and have enjoyed NRange on Lebanon, RD. I think there used to be a range in Old Hickory, not sure about now.

Lists or suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Jim

It's maybe important to note that some may not be open to the public.  Strategic Edge for example is member only and they have a waiting list.  Just don't want anyone driving all the way out there to realize they can't shoot.

16 minutes ago, btq96r said:

Stones River Hunter Education Center

https://www.tn.gov/twra/article/stones-river-hunter-education-center

Some people love it, some people hate it.  For the money charged, it's a very well resourced, and safe place to shoot.  Worth a try since it's close by.

SRHEC Is a GREAT facility. It was the busiest in the state. I have been through 3 annual memberships there. It's close, very safe, and perfect for technical work like sighting in and load eval. The RSO's are pretty strict, but for good reasons. It's newbie central. I have always gotten along with them.

One beef... even bitched at Tim about it, they screened in the shooting lanes so you have to sit down. NOT fun for AR shooting since they did that. I shoot AR's mostly, so it just about ruined the place for me. I'm not upset. They have a really tough job.

5 hours ago, mikegideon said:

SRHEC Is a GREAT facility. It was the busiest in the state. I have been through 3 annual memberships there. It's close, very safe, and perfect for technical work like sighting in and load eval. The RSO's are pretty strict, but for good reasons. It's newbie central. I have always gotten along with them.

I'm fine with it, as long as we're acknowledging the limitations of the training that can be done there.  If I'm working on my marksmanship fundamentals, or like you said sighting in or load evals, things like that...it's a great place.  When I want to practice draw & shoot with my pistol, or walk & shoot with my SBR, then it's off to OK Corral.  I'm giddy to try their new shoot house on a weekday once the temperatures get to the nicer side of chilly. 

As to the RSO's at Stones River...fully agree they have their reasons for how they act.  I've never had one be unprofessional, but I also liken the experience to how ranges were run in the Army, so I'm used to it.  I also try to remember that they're volunteers if memory serves, so I'm thankful they're willing to give their time to the benefit of the shooting community.

1 hour ago, btq96r said:

I'm fine with it, as long as we're acknowledging the limitations of the training that can be done there.  If I'm working on my marksmanship fundamentals, or like you said sighting in or load evals, things like that...it's a great place.  When I want to practice draw & shoot with my pistol, or walk & shoot with my SBR, then it's off to OK Corral.  I'm giddy to try their new shoot house on a weekday once the temperatures get to the nicer side of chilly. 

As to the RSO's at Stones River...fully agree they have their reasons for how they act.  I've never had one be unprofessional, but I also liken the experience to how ranges were run in the Army, so I'm used to it.  I also try to remember that they're volunteers if memory serves, so I'm thankful they're willing to give their time to the benefit of the shooting community.

I have spent quite a bit of time talking to those guys over the years. That place gets BUSY, with lots of really green shooter. If they don't keep it sterile, somebody will get shot. Once they know you, they lighten up. 

Being forced to sit at the rifle range is my only complaint. I'm betting something happened to cause it.